Hardspace Shipbreaker

This games pretty fun, I just wish my mixed race, lgbt, female, criminal, union agitator co-worker would stop sending me unsolicited voice messages and signing me up to garbage newsletters.

Attached: download (14).jpg (1280x720, 143.46K)

>Early Access states
>Comfy blue collar labor simulator scrapping ships, daily grind working towards paying off your debt.
>Basic, but, the promise of more ships and content to come.
>Update - Black dyke added to the game. Clearly not a worker, just some whining woman who complains constantly and tells you to do bullshit and risk your own life for her benefit.
>barely any new content.
>Update continues. More woke shit. More college liberal writing. Replace the original voice actor from blue collar worker to left wing podcaster.
>4 ships in the entire game.

I don't get how the fuck they missed the mark so fucking bad.

I wouldn't mind the woke nonsense because of how much of a caricature it is. It's pretty funny that this character I've never met is cheerfully endangering my character by forcefully involving me in union action, which by the way, is against LYNX terms and conditions (I read them all).

What makes me hate it is that it halts the game.
You can tell whoever took over on developing the story isn't a gamer and doesn't play games. Breaking the game loop to listen to voice recordings intended to inspire me to take action against the company that pays me to cut up space ships and has rendered me immortal is idiotic and only resonates with ideologues.

I just want to pull reactors.

Literally that's all anyone wanted. They just wanted more ships to cut up and mechanics to deal with, and maybe some sense of progression with getting better tools to deal with more complicated ships.
And they completely fucked it up in the most disastrous way possible.

>it's another Any Forums loses their minds over unions episode

>4 ships

Attached: 24.jpg (480x360, 25.49K)

tried it with game pass last week
cool concept but with bad controls and poor optimization

i pirated it and its true that i just wanna get in the yard and do nice hard work (i have more than enough trouble doing that irl in fact)

so is it true that earlier builds are better?

this looked interesting but boy howdy am I glad that I don't buy early access games EVER and for this exactly reason.

Unions aren't the problem. A strong union is a good thing. It's union 'representatives' who're clearly completely uninvolved in the actual work of the union and just diversity hires, bullshit merchants and other useless cunts that are the problem.

>Update - Black dyke added to the game. Clearly not a worker, just some whining woman who complains constantly and tells you to do bullshit and risk your own life for her benefit.
Please tell me you guys are memeing. They didn't actually do this, right?

The game presents you with an incompetent manager as a dilemma, but it's all just voice recordings of some guy being a dick for no real reason.
Funny thing is if you've ever had a real job you'll know exactly what this is like and how to deal with it, ie you humor or ignore them and do the job regardless.
It's only a problem for the voice cast who you never meaningfully interact with in game, and who seem wildly incompetent and confrontational.
She's the most ridiculous woke stereotype you've ever seen.

>She's the most ridiculous woke stereotype you've ever seen.
Why

Attached: ItsAllSoTiresome.png (483x424, 158.14K)

wdym clearly not a worker. didnt she teach you about depressurizing properly?

yeah the real issue is how they just shoehorn the drama in when i just wanna literally break some ships

>game about capitalism crushing your soul
>debt slavery plot solved in weeks in-game time
>really nothing wrong with it at all
>the true anti-capitalist message comes in
>fucking retarded negress gets a diversity hire
>makes your workplace that was cozy as fuck in previous updates a living hell
>nobody wants to play the game anymore
what the fuck did they mean by this?

Attached: 614331713.png (1920x817, 2.49M)

>tranny goes schizo because Any Forums hates niggers

But that's the opposite of capitalism. Capitalism improves work efficiency at any cost, including the workers' conditions
Hiring dangerhairs who drag down the work is communism

Nah they are pulling a meme on you, the cast feels like a collection of blue collar shitters you would find on any site. The kid over his head, the old jaded old hand, and yes the union cheerleader. But it's not overly preachy and hell, the main bad guy is an female Indian brat more interested in money than anything else.

You can ignore the story, at most it derails you for like a minute before you are back tearing ships apart.

The most unintentionally funny part of Lou's character is she claims she was raised by her father.

>Capitalism improves work efficiency at any cost
burger moment

Yes and? If she was raised by her mother she wouldn't be at the dock she would be hooking on the streets.

>work efficiency
that doesnt mean shit, it's about cost efficiency

Ever heard of industrialization, underageb&? Look up some of the factory conditions from the 1900s
Hiring workers that don't do anything isn't cost efficient, obviously

cost to work ratio, tyrone doesn't work particularly hard but he meets quotas and will do it for half of what you gave tommy. typically blue collar work isnt complex, it's just repetitive and often physically intensive.

>blue collar work
kek if you think dangerhairs go for construction jobs

It's just funny.
You don't expect an empowered BIPOC LGBT womyx with access to highly destructive equipment and a short fuse to reminisce about cracking cold ones with daddy. I audibly smiled when that line played.

The story cutscenes are so anoyying, wish I coul,d turn them off.