Testament

Are they gonna be the new Guilty Gear mascot? They're pretty cool and empowering for us, LGBTQ+ folk

Attached: Testament_Guilty_Gear_Strive.png (3268x3759, 2.71M)

>Fucking retard doesn't even read the lore

Attached: 1653440497281m.jpg (1024x576, 79.55K)

Attached: 9123C5D5-8B43-4BA1-9CEC-F9066ADE284E.png (3600x2800, 929.83K)

OP admits he's a fag. lol

Hot

Rage bait thread. Testament was always genderless, Ishiwatari said so in an interview back in the early 2000's. Localization errors are not canon.

>Localization errors are not canon.
Sounds more like virtue signaling to me since every game always had Testament as a male, even Strive.

>LGBTQ+
I don't know what you're talking about skitzo.

Attached: doo.gif (377x298, 3.56M)

I don't play guilty gear, but I have very strong opinions about the game's character designs.

See picrel. This is an interview with Daisuke Ishiwatari from 2005. English is a language with heavily-gendered speech, like German. Japanese on the other hand is not, much like Finnish. You can talk about someone at length without ever mentioning the subject's gender in a completely natural manner. Testament has always been referred to in the original JP-language with neutral pronouns, localizers only assumed that Testament is a male and standardized it so for all later localizations.

The passage of interest from picrel is this:
>テスタの両性具有
初期のアークシステムワークスの会報で石渡本人が漏らした

アーク会報担当「あ、そうそう最近ハガキすごくいただくんですけど、テスタメントの性別は?
石渡「両性具有なんです。まぁもう人間を超越した存在になっちゃってますしね。俺もだけど。

>「あ、そうそう最近ハガキすごくいただくんですけど、テスタメントの性別は?
>"Oh yeah, I've been getting a lot of postcards lately, but what is the gender of Testament?
>Ishiwatari: 「両性具有なんです。まぁもう人間を超越した存在になっちゃってますしね。俺もだけど。
>They're androgynous. In fact, they've transcended human existence. Just like me."
Of course, Testament being a Gear, androgyny here is not used in the sense of aesthetics, it refers to biological androgyny: Testament is not human, "they've transcended human existence". They probably might not even have genitalia, or at least, don't possess a function of sex like humans do. This was later clarified in a Japanese stream by an ArcSystem rep using this interview as a reference.

And again I bring up gender-neutral speech as not being a weird artifice in the Japanese language, it's completely natural, so usage of equivalent terms via transliteration like "they" to refer to a person, does not sound unusual like it does in English.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1705x584, 137.58K)

asw should have just pranked Testament instead of this non-binary shit.

"non-binary" is a bit inaccurate, Testament just straight up has no gender at all, they're beyond human concepts like that on a physical level, Daisuke said back in the early 2000's.

I don't believe any of this shit. They censor the women in Strive which means they're appealing to Twitter. If Daisuke wanted to continue appealing to Twitter, Testament would be called They instead of He. So in other words, the evidence completely contradicts itself.
Wouldn't be surprised if this whole interview was a larp like how devs of Cyberpunk 77 said Keanu kept going into the studio to playing Cyberpunk when he recently said he never played the game.
Also, if you truly believe Testament is this made up nonbinary nonsense, then find me the Japanese description of the Testament lore tab in Strive.

Needs huge crotch bulge

What are the odds this character was gonna be someone else and than to cash in on nostalgia, Daisuke slapped on Testament for the name?

Daisuke has no control over or even gives a rat's ass what the English localization does. This was especially true back in the 2000's, where social media awareness and global connectivity wasn't what it is today. Matter of fact, ArcSystem never bothered addressing the matter because Testament was never referred to with gendered pronouns in Japanese, and the only time that fans bothered asking about it (why would Japanese fans in 2005 ask about Testament's gender if it was obvious from text/dialogue that they were a male?), Daisuke gave a solid and clear answer: Testament is not human. They're a Gear. Gears don't reproduce, there's no reason for them to have sexes.
>But what about Dizzy
Dizzy, like her parents Sol and Aria/Justice, is a modified Gear, not a born Gear, she was a human baby that was altered into a Gear. That's why she has genitals and a concept of sex/gender. Testament on the other hand were born Gear, they were never human to begin with. This has only become a controversy because English-only players don't know what was going on with Testament in the original Japanese versions. The interview is right there. Read it and translate it on your own if you don't believe me.

That's still not binary though

Cool, don't believe any of this shit and you're just virtue signaling. Half a Gear is still a Gear.
Still waiting on that Japanese text of the lore tab btw, bring me that and I can get WSR or AFGG or whatever to translate for me.

Tranny gear

Correct, Testament is genderless, "musei/無性", as they were referred to in the Japanese stream, not "non-binary". The English localizers fucked up again with Testament's deal.

Virtue signalling to who, exactly? Do you know where we are? Do you know what "virtue signalling" means? Because you can't virtue signal to people who don't have a virtue one would want to signal in the first place. And I certainly don't care about you or anybody's politics: Testament is a genderless non-human. Full stop.
As for the lore tab, you'd have to have access to a Japanese version of Strive to look at it. But you don't need it. Daisuke answered your question 17 years ago. If you don't like his answer, that's on you and you only.

didn't read.
you don't play guilty gear.
kys.

>The English localizers fucked up again with Testament's deal
There might be some lost nuance, but it's not actually inaccurate. If anything it's interpreting nonbinary to mean more than it does which gives the wrong impression, so if you do that then just stop

>Virtue signalling to who, exactly? Do you know where we are? Do you know what "virtue signalling" means? Because you can't virtue signal to people who don't have a virtue one would want to signal in the first place.
To everyone here. What I firmly believe is that because Testament now looks feminine that you started to hijack the game and start spouting that Testament is a nonbinary made up shit.
And that interview of yours? Never seen it ever brought up til Testament's reveal so it's obvious that was made up.
Regardless, the lore tab already calls Testament a male so any point you make to deny the evidence is moot.
>"BUT LOCALIZATIONS!"
They self censored I-No, May, Ramlethal, and Millia beforehand so Daisuke should have started to call Testament a they since this game was made to appeal to Twitter but he doesn't, which contradicts you since why would Daisuke not call Testament a they when he went full speed ahead via censoring the base female cast? It just doesn't add up.

Attached: purepng.com-thinking-manthinking-manpersongentle-men-thinkingthinking-brain-1421526976436cflxw.png (1169x916, 795.87K)

You can use whatever pronouns for testament because testament is genderless/sexless thanks to the gear conversion process.
>t. Have played guilty gear since XX

>censor
You mean new character designs. Character redesigns aren't censorship.

May is the current mascot of Strive as she's getting the first GGST scale figure.

>Character redesigns aren't censorship
I-No no longer taking her top off defeats the argument that the game wasn't censored.