UT3

why didnt people like it? what was wrong with it?

Attached: image_2022-05-27_231218542.png (222x249, 41.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/unrealtournament/en-US/
youtube.com/watch?v=z7toDFgwID0
youtube.com/watch?v=KA2Zhk7WfKk
youtube.com/watch?v=hHk2RiQhCNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gears of War-style models were ugly

Attached: Unreal-Tournament-3.jpg (1728x1080, 339.62K)

When the fuck are we getting another Unreal game? That would be something worth upgrading for.

Its gameplay was a refinement of UT99's, but a lot of people were looking for a continuation of UT2004's dodge-jump oriented gameplay. Also, it got rid of the Assault gamemode and had less maps and gamemodes than UT2004.

This game is trash in a variety of ways but I played the console version splitscreen hell of a lot in college so I'll always have a soft spot for it.

worse in everything than 2004 and 99

There was nothing wrong with it. Retards would rather pretend to play Quake 3 than actually play a good modern arena shooter.

I had fun with it at the time but I can't remember much about it today

I got it in a bundle so I gave it a shot, and my first initial thought is: why aren't unreal fans playing this? It's not like UT4 is exactly booming in popularity.

Arena shooters had died, it came out during the call of duty boom, and it didn't have the brand recognition of Halo to survive through that. Sad.

It was good but it wasn't quake 3 or ut2k4
Quite frankly it was a logical sequel, the problem is that arena shooters rarely benefit from sequels

literal ghost game. never ever see people talking about it

It wasn't an improvement over UT2k4 in any aspect except for vehicles and it had a fuckload less content.

UT3 was not competing with Q3A

it fell victim to consoleitis

Attached: 1399071453049.jpg (1280x1580, 684.03K)

UT3 was not any slower than UT99

Soulless artstyle, trash music except for a couple remixes that were actually pretty good

>UT3 comes out
>huuu no I'd totally rather play quake 3/ET
>Dirty Bomb comes out
>QC comes out
>wdym there's 30 players online ? Y-yeah I'm totally one of them ahah

Quake 3 is the third strike of arena fps, but at least third strike actually has some people playing it.

Attached: 1637555829477.jpg (228x221, 7.78K)

epicgames.com/unrealtournament/en-US/

way less shit than 2004
smaller game sizes, snow level had so much bloom it was just pure white
i liked the hoverboard though, just wish it was in 2k4 instead

Ugly maps with too much shitty normal mapped trash. Ugly player models. Ugly guns.
Vehicle maps were kinda fun though.

Launched as a consolized version of a PC main game. Menus and options, it was less than optimal, and much less than UT 2004 but being honest, that game is MASSIVE. Still not bad as a game, with the Black Edition i played it once more and really really liked it. Too bad it was beyond dead. It's visually brutal, mainly the Impact Hammer.

>fall any height greater than a single jump
>stunned for half a second
At least that's why I dropped it. It made moving feel like shit.

>what was wrong with it?
Certainly not the OST. Rom di Prisco, Jesper Kyd & Kevin Riepl.
Banger after banger.
youtube.com/watch?v=z7toDFgwID0
youtube.com/watch?v=KA2Zhk7WfKk
youtube.com/watch?v=hHk2RiQhCNc