Is there a worse save file loss story than mine?

One day, when I booted up Majora's Mask, I saw pic rel. My save file had completely disappeared. I still don't what exactly had happened. Perhaps it got corrupted or something. All I knew was that I was never getting those hours of gameplay back.

And to put into perspective how much it sucked, I was literally near the end of the game. I had every single mask, had beaten all 4 temples and had every single fairy powerup. All I had left to do was stand atop the clock tower, play the Oath to Order, go inside the moon, obtain the Fierce Deity mask and finally face Majora head on.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-28 113523.png (715x537, 308.35K)

No one fucking cares you retard

You can't stop the cosmic rays from flipping the bits and fucking up your saves eventually.

Try losing your Chao Garden data and then you can talk about loss.

You are like a little baby. Try finding out that your Dragonball Z Budokai 2 save is corrupted when all your friends just arrived for a sleepover. They want to play the secret characters and guess what? You don’t have them. Absolutely fucked

emulatorchads? we keep winning

>he didn't backup his n64 saves with multiple carts

I borrowed GC Twilight Princess from a guy and got to Zant's palace on the last day I had it but my mom told me to go to sleep so the next day I returned it to him and was too shy to ask him to lend it to me for another day so I wasn't able to finish the game.
A couple of years later I borrowed the game again from another guy but it was the Wii version so I had to replay it from the beginning, I was actually trying to get Wind Waker from him but it was scratched and the Wii wasn't able to read it.

>neighbor girl comes over to hang out
>hey user can i start a New Game on your Pokemon Leaf Green?
>sure just don't save and overwrite my file
>alright!
>saves in front of the 1st gym
pretty sure this happened with my Saphire edition too and the same girl
another time some little kid was around because his mom was friends with my mom and he did the same shit except i didn't give him any permission to play at all. kid was too young for me to beat him up though
my Yellow Edition save file disappeared because the internal battery died
One time i had to go somewhere with my grandparents and spent the whole day making progress through some Gen 1 game and when we were finally about to leave my grandma ripped the game out of the Gameboy cause she had no clue about any of it. I didn't save and lost hours and hours of progress. It wouldn't be a big deal now but seeing that wiped out in front of my eyes with one quick hand movement by her had me start crying in the moment lol
i accidently overwrote one of my Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories files because the game used multiple files for the different routes
can't really think of other situations off the top of my head right now but this kind of shit happened a lot to me over the years. The ones that pissed me off even more were my FFVII Disc 1 and FFVIII Disc 2 getting scratched because PS1 discs were fragile and i got them second hand.

Did you try turning it off and reinserting the cartridge after cleaning the contacts? Sometimes the flash memory on N64 carts can fail to read properly if the contacts are dirty, which makes it appear as if there's no saves on the cartridge.

it was me hahahaha i deleted your file HAHAHAHAHA

OP here. This happened on an emulator.

Ty for posting in my thread guys, im off to reddit for more discussion because no one here really wanted to discuss the topic.
Goodbye & Ty.

I lost a save in spore where I had autistically conquered an entire wing of the galaxy.

I don't see the problem.
Can't you just hack the game so that you have all your stats back?

Replace the battery, then play it again. Not hard to 100% this sucker.

I got to the end of Skyward Sword and right before I went to fight Ghirahim the last time my Wii literally burst into flames. I lost ALL my save data.
Losing my Mario Galaxy 2 save where I had just reached the Perfect Run pains me to this day.
Fuck Skyward Sword.

Playing Legend of Zelda as a young kid and losing the save file because you pressed reset on the NES too many times sucked ass.

>6 year old me
>Pokemon Red just hit the states
>I'm a goddamn Pokemaster
>Having the time of my short life playing through this game at the early height of the craze
>Named my rival after this cool new word my sister just taught me
>Playing late one night on the couch
>Dad watches me beat the Elite Four
>Feeling like a king
>Rival "Asshole" appears
>Dad sees and decides that's an inappropriate word for me
>Overwrites my save to wipe the name

Attached: 1618041093727.jpg (983x551, 122.84K)

>Cousin deletes my Lv180 RAcast in PSO

>Play FF2 on emulator
>boot game and press F2 to load savestate
>press F1 to save instead

I don't know what happened
It happened on an emulator

Same thing happened to me. I turned the game on, all save files were gone. I immediately switched the system off in disbelief and then turned it back on again, the save files were restored. I might also add, it never happened again after that.

One time I booted up my 360 and it didnt.

Your father is a faggot and your sister is a whore

>killed more than 50% of the bosses in V rising (pvp solo)
>host shuts down the server
>all the progress gone like that for me and the other players on the server

Attached: 1533322155668.webm (1280x720, 664.84K)

Just replay it dingbat.
It was fun so do it again.

my oot cart has a locked save file. i have no clue how it happened, but its apparently something to do with the game thinking a 64dd is connected.

not my pic, but thats what it looks like. cant even select the file to delete it.

Attached: OoT64DDSave.png (320x237, 42.7K)

at least you didn't loss the game itself because a relative decided to move your shit while you were gone and somehow lost the damn thing because "oh your little brother wanted to play N64 games but the asshole step-father that love to get into phases were he has a stick up his ass and becomes an utter dick decided to get his collection back so now I'm lending yours" which I wouldn't mind IF SHE DIDN'T LOST IT ALONG WITH A COUPLE MORE!!! Bonus points if they also started to think that it was all in your head or that they "will buy those games back at somepoint"
worst part is that this whole thing felt like a monkey paw, I remember having a weird craving of playing Castlevania 64 after watching a speedrun of it but not finding it, now its there at the cost of 4 others N64 games (Majora's Mask, OoT, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and some random racing game) missing
and I don't care if this has been "a long time" (aka 3 months top) IM STILL FUCKING FUMING EVERYTIME I SEE A N64 ZELDA GAME BEING MENTIONED BECAUSE OF THIS

Attached: 1643044477007.png (263x305, 159.56K)

It‘s been a few years already, but I wanted to take a look at Pokémon Silver again and the internal battery had run out. As a kid, I‘d transferred all my great Pokémon from Red onto this version before selling Red and my Gameboy Colour to buy a GBA. I really felt like a part of my childhood had died.