Does Monster Hunter have a chance of ever becoming as popular as something like Elden Ring...

Does Monster Hunter have a chance of ever becoming as popular as something like Elden Ring? The gameplay is similar enough but somehow the masses just aren't into MH as much.

Attached: Hinoa.png (443x544, 283.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eiIGioZ1nr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

didn't world sell a fucking lot?

no, and it's already too popular, with pcfags making stupid shit like dps meters

nowhere near as much Souls games

All they need to do is tease “a totally different game than anything we’ve done before” (i.e. the exact same shit), hire a celebrity writer, and dumb it down even further for the masses. It worked for Elden Ring, it can work for MH.

World sold 1.2 billion copies

Attached: 1598751551396.jpg (600x800, 65.82K)

I think putting Martin's name on the cover helped ER become the success it was since he's the GOT dude and that shit is loved by normalfags. So just hire Bear Grylls or something Capcom

I really hope monster hunter was LESS popular so we still had challenge in our niche games

>The gameplay is similar enough but somehow the masses just aren't into MH as much.
It's really not that similar beyond both being 3rd person action games. I've never felt the same satisfaction in a soulsborne as I do in MH.

At this point elden ring has sold 5 million less, it's capcoms biggest game retard, no other game of from's outside of ER comes close.

It is already too popular. MH peaked with Freedom Unite, and now they'll never return to that design philosophy. All moves are supposed to be cancellable, fluid and spammable, because normies don't want to actually observe and take actions with actual stakes. Normies don't care about immersion either, and they want gay scoutflies to point out every gathering point and monster locations.

not without le gigantic open world
and dumbing down combat even more

Attached: 1643200540747.jpg (1200x675, 151.6K)

If they really want to see the same kind of numbers, they need the monster intro scenes narrated by the ghost of Steve Irwin.

They could make it fully open world. Normalfags eat that shit up

I got bored of monster hunter after freedom 2 (15 years ago).

Are you retarded?

I WANT TO FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF MINOTO
I WANT TO MAKE MINOTO THE BEARER OF MY CHILDREN FOREVERMORE
I WANT TO HUG MINOTO UP THE HIPS AND GIVE HER MY LOVING EMBRACE UNTIL SHE'S DEVOTED TO ME COMPLETELY

Attached: 1517440439119.jpg (437x431, 28.3K)

WOMEN ARE GETTING UGLIER WITH EVERY GAME BUT FELYNES ARE GETTING MORE ATTRACTIVE, WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS

Attached: ea1d9746e57d37a8d9c718a78aaf9065-0.jpg (640x360, 38.2K)

Hell, even if you use Rise it's only beaten by DaS3 and ER. And From's next highest is slightly above half of 3. I'd say the two series (if you can call From's games that) are pretty close these days.

Hey how come Monster Hunter has a relatively small amount of monsters and needs DLC to get like 3 more but Elden Ring has like 4000 of them.

>more attractive
It’s a fucking cat in armor and standing on two legs. Good shit outing yourself, furfag

yes lets just homogenize EVERY game
why not add a battle royale mode too
lets add some street racing and maybe a hot new pop track
needs some qte events to spice up the gamplay
games a tad too hard
we need a journo mode for the less abled
intergrated discord chat so I can stay connected? yes plz
ubisoft towers with a wingdrake cutscene, AMAZING
lets add some invasions too
maybe some pvpvm
someone could BE tbe monster
dont forget a musical ddr minigame
npc relationship system? riveting idea
always wanted health regen
fuck it lets add some golden stars to collect
dont forget the lootboxes
body type a b AND C, so progressive
AMAZING SIMPLY AMAZING

captcha was
haw8t
god approves

Because MH's monster moveset is far more complex since the game is basically a boss rush

NEED SHRINE MAIDEN GF

>Elden Ring has like 4000 of them.
copypasted movesets, animations, and reskins
GAME OF THE DECADE

>fun and good damage
bow
charge blade
hammer
sword and shield
>fun and bad damage
lance
gunlance
>unfun and good damage
great sword
long sword
lbg
hbg
dual blades
>unfun and bad damage
hunting horn
insect glaive
switch axe

LANCECHADS report in
how's sunbreak looking for us? i haven't watched any of the videos

Attached: 1482381934420.jpg (225x350, 18.6K)

>SA unfun and bad damage
Can't speak for the other two because I don't play them but SA is at its most fun in Rise and does great damage given Rapid Morph and easy to maintain sword gauge if not using power phials

>someone could be the monster
I don't mind this as a broad idea, but it's so fucking hard to have balanced games by doing this. Especially when you've got a single enemy against a group. Any game I've played like this tends to be super swingy, where the monster stomps the others or provides zero challenge, depending on their experience with the game. Then once in a blue moon you get a game where everyone is just right, and it's incredibly fun, then after that it's back to the crapshoot.

>Elden Ring sold 13.4 million
>meanwhile, MHW sold 18 million and Iceborne sold 9.20 million
OP is a faggot like always.

>ranged anything
>fun

yeah its a very hard concept to pull off
evolve and others tried but failed
maybe one day
unironically my shitpost sounds fun in a giant clusterfuck kind of way :l
t.genius

Monster Hunter Dos already had human vs monster PVP you newfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=eiIGioZ1nr4

i like bazel
i want to become bazel
what is good weapon that works from the bazel tree
thanks

Attached: 1642147960776.png (843x843, 452.52K)

>>fun and good damage
>hammer
hasn't been true since 3rd gen

Bow is fun though
Bowguns are snoozefests

Give me a Monster Hunter dungeon crawler.

ultimately i think the masses will be filtered by mh, no matter how streamlined it gets, because of its core elements
the game is designed around fighting the same monsters over and over which shapes its priorities during dev and limits its appeal
all normalfags do is take the path of least resistance to endgame gear and then quit, most of them don't even make it that far
there is no replayability for them or hook like exploration, the series would need a big new gimmick like people have said above

Bow is the most fun weapon and I'll tell you why.
>more damage than LS
>the adrenaline of having low defense and high mobility, knowing that if you get hit that's it for you
>glass canon
>knife's edge
>FUN
>the only "ranged" weapon with combos (the effective range is actually pretty close to the melee hunters)