Freelancer (2003)

Does anyone else remember this game? I've been playing it again, and I am fucking shocked at just how comfy it is...

Attached: freelancer_15.jpg (1024x768, 86.78K)

Any Forums used to have a whole mod and server for it, the devs went on to make that sequel game of it.

What sequel? Was it any good?

i liked descent freespace better

X3 and X4 are better

That new one coming out. Underspace or whatever

someone link that VA announcing holstein station.

I play Freelancer about once a year, definitely one of my fave games
The minefields are still really freaky and intimidating, finding the wreck of the Hispania was also pretty eerie as well.
Absolutely love this game, highly reccomend giving it a try

>finding the wreck of the Hispania
It's definitely a game for people who like to explore. That was always my weakness in MMOs and open world games.... I'd just spend all my time wandering around looking at stuff rather than grinding for xp or doing the story. But with Freelancer, it's super comfy

Isn't this made by Chris Robert?

Yep, Star Citizen was originally billed as Freelancer 2: Fuck EA. Now its... space 2nd life

Destination too fa--Go to

get on elite i need other people to play so i don't feel like i'm wasting my time playing it

Yuck...how about no? I feel like this game is not very good because it's made by him. Also because of Scam Citizen.

Knock the dude all you want for coffee machines and yachts, he makes a good game. As someone who backed SC and feels ripped off by the time its taken and the scope, I feel ya.

Not quite. Freelancer was originally Star Citizen 0.5 but without the retards giving him endless amounts of money so his company went bankrupt, Microsoft bought them out, told Roberts to fuck off and gutted the shit out of the game. The Freelancer we got is far from what he wanted, which was ultimately a good thing.

>He backed Scam Citizen
>ishygddt.jpg

No mate...just face it, he was just an "ideas" guy, not an actual developer. How can you defend Faglancer when you look at the state of Scam Shitizen?

totally different genres

Incredibly fucking kino Lan sessions with the boys after school

ahhh... I can't access to the Any Forumsreelancer wiki site cuz it is dead. RIP

I miss the edgy side of that wiki. Hilarious.

Attached: 66406_jpg.jpg (554x547, 174.48K)

i used to play in the Any Forums server. good times.
also godspeed to the underspace folk.