Is this series worth getting into if you like JRPGs?

Is this series worth getting into if you like JRPGs?

Attached: 1650427512198.png (1366x768, 1.73M)

Do you mean SMT, or Persona, or everything under that umbrella?

Do you like JRPGs that value gameplay over story? Then yes.
If you like building your party and learning how to fight effectively over the course of the game, SMT is for you.
If you want gripping stories and fleshed out characters, stay away.

100%, what kinda stupid question is this?

Play nocturne, most of the other SMT games have some kind of flaw apparent from after playing for just a little bit, I would play nocturne and then V. 1 and 2 are really primitive game wise (not mechanics wise) so they are kind of hard to get into and 4 is retarded in my opinion because it's ridiculously difficult and based around saving every 20 seconds.

Nah play saga instead

>Is this long-running, well-established JRPG series worth getting into if you like JRPGs?
Yes. Pick your poison based on what jumps at you aesthetically. Expect plenty of dungeon crawlan and not a lot of character-driven stories.

Attached: 1557152165558.jpg (600x785, 111.55K)

yeah its like elric+pokemon+fallout. smt4 is my favorite but the older games are also good.

3 Personas and a Persona-fied SMT? Fuck I'm mad. Anyways start with DDS

4 is extremely easy past the first dungeon
I beat the final boss with a demon that had reflect physical that I recruited at the last dungeon, lucifer just killed himself against it

Persona started at 3

Attached: 1653713895872.png (1366x768, 1.3M)

SMT IV is easier than 3 by a long shot.

I guess it is. I literally dropped it in the first area

Yeah the first area has retarded balancing, once you are out of it the game is a joke, a shame really.

Yes. But it depends on how strongly you enjoy demon fusion/"Pokemon collecting."

my boy the rabbit getting the limelight

Attached: 1550633965720.png (1280x960, 891.12K)

2, actually. But #YouTried

What a fun game, I dont know what happened to Atlus

If you are into JRPGs you should get better taste and play the actually fun RPGs, classic roguelikes like brogue. Brogue has the best turn based combat of any game and Smt is a baby game in comparison

I feel bad for you, it's the best game in the franchise pretty much personally i like 4A a little bit more. the gameplay, the fusion and compendium are the just the most in depth in entire series.

Do you self a favor give it another try.

No. It's worth getting into if you were the weird kid in class growing up and had no friends or romantic experiences.

>Could've had DeSu 3
>DeSu team makes Soul Hackers """"""2"""""" instead
Nu-Atlus a shit.

Attached: 1652292273130.gif (224x336, 952.32K)