Is this series “Ubisoft-y”?

Is this series “Ubisoft-y”?

>Clear base. Walk or drive. Clear base
>Stuck to a character
>Open world meme. (A bunch of empty space between the cookie cutter bases)

I hear good things but I can’t buy another game like that for the sake of my sanity.

Attached: 9C56F587-2E31-42C4-AB50-83C44A1B9B91.jpg (1280x720, 74.79K)

The only thing good about it is the orcs. Play shadow of war instead.
But, yeah it does get repetitive.

only notable for the boss promotion gimmick

Shadow of Mordor is the superior game you stupid fucking zoomer.

Shadow of Mordor sucked, but Shadow of War was great.
Lmao nice try retard

Kek

This is true for me, if only because the novelty wore off. I loved Shadow of Mordor but Shadow of War was just tiresome.

The orcs, which are the only unique thing about those games were very much improved upon in shadow of war. Nothing else in either game is good.
This is bait, but take the my fucking (you) anyway, faggot

I really wish you could use your army for more cool stuff. It feels pointless getting all those cool orcs in it.

The movement in War is pretty great, especially late game.

Yeah, now that you mention it they did make traversal pretty fast. They did a good job on that too. Having to spend most your time running to each different camp or fort gets boring quick though.

The orcs were improved and downgraded; long unskippable intros, longer lists of immunities making them tedious to fight being the downgrades. Equipment, especially the diablo loot system, was a downgrade to the rune system, and it sucks that you get stuck with gear looks you don't want if you want certain weapon perks. Aesthetically SoW looks worse, and textures also appear to be lower res, though that may be the result of the flatter and more plasticy coloring and look. Skill trees were a downgrade, and having to switch skills to be able to take advantage of certain environmental actions (which you can do at any time at no cost) was completely shit.

Nah, SoM is definitely superior to SoW. It's more barebones, not particularly good, but at least it does not have a bunch of poorly thought systems shoved into it that just add tedium.

The only really cool part about it was the Nemesis system with the Orcs. Otherwise it's fucking AssCreed with a LotR skin.

Now climb that tower and find 5 red herbs and collect 8 Nazgul asses.

tolkien autist here, i enjoyed the gameplay but the shameless lore rape was too egregious for me to stomach

yeah. the nemesis system is an interesting idea but falls flat on its face thanks to braindead bamham/asscreed combat

gotta disagree, the movement is awkward as fuck, it magnetizes way too hard and I had many instances where the game decided to jump on/towards places I didn't want to

Runes in SoM are literally Diablo style loot dude.

They fixed the movement in War.

I suppose that's fair. I'm more focused on the actual orcs though. All the interactions they have with you and their different personalities and looks make it more fun than shadow of mordor for me. The unique orcs are really cool as well. Being able to pretty much customize them by dying to them or killing them a certain way and having them survive was awesome
You're pretty much right about everything, though. It's just I played it for the orcs and shadow of war had better orcs. That's all I care about really

I did play war and it's same shit except you mash A even more often.

No they absolutely didn't. I routinely took large hits of otherwise avoidable damage because Talion tried to do some swoopy faggot acrobatic routine instead of go where I want him to. Way too much shit needed its own binding (you can't do much in that regard)

Sounds like you're just bad.

TALION THE RINGWRATH
bio: talion was born with a special power. he was stronger than all the rangers at the black gate. he served in the gondor military fighting mordor and in the final battle against sauron they were fighting and the sauron turned him to the darkness and talion turned against aragorn and killed him. he lost his vitality in the battle which is why he has pale and veiny skin, pls stop PMing me askin me why thats why. also rings of power arent gay fuck you gandalf everyone knos your a fuckin halfing pipe weed smoker

likes: hurtin orcs, bein badass, drakes, visions (from ring wraiths) , killing, swords, orcish chants, jinco jeans, skulls, darkness, how spiders with big boobys who are slots, rings of power (on finger), cloaks, domination (cool kind not gay kind)

dislikes: niceness, happiness, witch-king from minas morgal fuck you witch-king stop showing everyone my fuckin visions you peace of skrag, celebrimbor, short spears, gandalf (megga ass-fagot), sunshine, life, my real dad, hunting

Attached: 20200820013200_1.jpg (1920x1080, 390.53K)