Why isn't there a sci-fi Monster Hunter style game?

Why isn't there a sci-fi Monster Hunter style game?

Attached: f5b28ee9fd03c32635a7e1a56bb631c0.jpg (2048x1025, 99.9K)

Lost Planet 2 was the closest we will ever get

You mean besides Freedom Wars?

>Vita
Explains why I've never heard of it.

I prefer the comfy vibes but you have a good point. Instead of going half-assed curazy they could just stick to MH1 caveman (MH is straying from this since 4 at least) and an off-shoot to go full curazy with

Attached: MONSTER HUNTER RISE_2022.05.25-23.23_1.png (1920x1080, 3.54M)

Sci-fi and comfy are not mutually exclusive.

No, but it is much harder t get comfy sci-fi just right.
Beyond that, wtfh is a scifi mon hun going to be? Killing giant robo dinos?
Purging xenoscum?

I don't know. I just wanna know why this type of game isn't a thing despite being kinda obvious.

Paging Gun Sword user.

I think he died user.
Not seen him in months.

Why is there no mon hun clones period?
>yuh but
WHY. ARE. THERE. NO. MON. HUN. CLONES?!
God Eater is not a mon hun clone. I doubt lost planet or freedom wars are even truly mon hun clones as well.
Mon hun is dead, bee dead since gens released, I have no replacement and I'm very upset.
The answer is the mon hun is a complex game with a lot of involved systems, but niche thus low sales expectations, so better rip off something more popular.

>WHY. ARE. THERE. NO. MON. HUN. CLONES?!
Too grindy for mainstream appeal?

>I'm very upset.
Clearly.

I call bullshit when every retard slobs over wows or ff14s cock and those games are endless grind and worse than anything out of any mon hun game. same for destiny and borderlands, or warframe.

MonHun is no where near Final Fantasy and WoW in terms of cultural relevance though.

Obviously, but the grind is far more bearable than other games, so the grind isn't the reason we lack true mon hun clones.

I miss the LP2 days

>mfw horizon zero dawn isn't just monster hunter with mecha dinosaurs

Attached: khezu.png (284x321, 110.49K)

>the grind is far more bearable than other games
Is it though?

How is it not?
compared to the bullshit of mmos and even other pve games mon hun is pretty fucking smple.

why isnt there a monster hunter fighting game where you get to play as the monsters

Sci-fi usually needs more world building. While things wouldn't have to make sense in how they work in the real world they would still need some kind of in-universe explanation. The world of Monster Hunter is basically cave-punk, where slapping pieces of a fire breathing dragon to your giant sword makes it fire element and that's all the explanation you need.

The more advanced technology would also bring up the question of why would you use anything besides just massive, rapid fire laser cannons from orbit. Giant swords and siege level crossbows make sense to use when those are among the limitations of what they know how to build.

Attached: ^^.png (509x498, 181.26K)

>Sci-fi usually needs more world building.
No it doesn't. What are you on about?

>The more advanced technology would also bring up the question of why would you use anything besides just massive, rapid fire laser cannons from orbit.
Because that's a fucking psychotic thing to do.

Nobody wants "X game but Y"

evolve exists user. turtle rock games.
best you'll get.