You are given unlimited funding and resources to develop a game with any IP of your choosing...

You are given unlimited funding and resources to develop a game with any IP of your choosing. What kind of game do you make?

Attached: untitled.jpg (1024x683, 257.59K)

Reality.

An MMORPG except it’s good

pay for hookers instead, i have unlimited money

this. just make a sandbox game that simulates reality

i announce the most expansive space sim and then launder the budget for my own personal gain for the next 10 years.

Open-world Conan the Barbarian mmorpg. The game would be first-person and have skill-based melee combat like in Chivalry or Mordhau. It would harken back to the old-school mmorpgs with experience loss on death, no group-finders, etc.

Attached: tumblr_ojy1uzfFn51rs6hqwo1_540.jpg (540x721, 149.16K)

What can I really ask for? DNF 2001 is already being made by 4 different groups and episode 3 of half life 2 is being made
I guess a game in the style of classic doom but in 3d with a level creator that allows you to put as many enemies on screen as possible as long as your hardware allows it

City of Heroes 2. Which would actually be a remake/reboot of the original. Lore would get a shitload of changes, Heroside trimmed down to an equal number of zones as redside with other zones set outside both (like the RWZ would now be in Antarctica), more character customization options, more power options, etc. and so on.

Attached: d4hfcpx-2c1d314c-9935-4a29-952d-58922ab33b72.jpg (850x850, 311.63K)

Ragnarok Online 1.5

Attached: RAGNAROK.jpg (1098x735, 228.43K)

Cyberpunk, but good

so, what would be the same and what would be different?

Elder scrolls in an alien setting like morrowind with elden ring combat/weapon system, seamless co-op for the normies and arena pvp with zero regard for balance for the weirdos.

Star Citizen, but it works at least on the scale of Planetside.

Second Life 2

this, but with procedurally generated maps like Rust to give it that roguelike feel

Third Life? sounds kino.

>procedurally generated maps
Procedurally generated maps all feel the same. I'd rather have hand-crafted maps, especially if the game has an unlimited budget.

Xenogears open world JRPG, but open world like Metal Max and not Ubisoft. Hire Takahashi and just let him run wild with mech designs and story
I guess I'm basically describing Metal Max with robots actually

Attached: MM10.jpg (2484x1440, 931.08K)

An Elder Scrolls but generally larger scale and deeper rpg systems. I'd like to see a larger overworld and dungeons with a greater diversity of unique assets. It'd also be great to have better dialogue and writing with more simulationist elements. Incorporate more a sense of adventure and mystery.
Better combat also goes without saying.

Attached: dream.gif (640x360, 3.15M)

Open-world game set in a post-apocalyptic city
You're a scavenger, and you can find in junkyards and elsewhere a bunch of different physical media ranging from videos, to music, to art, to minigames
And you can go back to your "hideout" and play/watch/listen to whatever you find, and we get a large variety of real artists to make all the stuff you can find in the game
The vibe of the game should be pretty comfy, and minimal to no NPCs, maybe a few very far between to make it not completely empty, but basically like a lonely but comfy atmosphere

but different servers should have different maps in order to change up the experience everytime you die, just like a roguelike. you could have some hand craft locations, but depending on the the server, they'll be in different parts of the map. also no endgame boss, just different npc factions fighting each other for lore related reasons, and you start out not tied to any faction, but you can choose what race you play as.

Oh and also your character controls like Mario in Mario 64 because I'm tired of games not even trying in regards to movement. You can also find a skateboard and it turns into Tony Hawk gameplay.

so basically like OG Fallout but with the tone of Animal Crossing?

Attached: Wall-E.jpg (640x360, 17.98K)

this, like GTA + The Sims + every simulator game combined in an MMO
you start barebones and work your way to something respectable in e-society
once you're experienced/rich enough you can access an endgame-ish thing
there's an abyss/portal located on a new massive (almost continent sized) island in the middle of the ocean
from there you party up with other people after getting equipped in the "real world"
then fight supernatural creatures/aliens /demons and shit for profit/resources
that you can bring back loot to the main world
and it can benefit you in taking over others things as you establish a new society on the island with the portal

yeah i'm fucking retarded let's do it

Attached: fucking stupid ass stfu.jpg (480x360, 14.7K)

Anarchy Online 2 with WoWlike actiony combat

this but not barotrauma

Attached: 34y9uoo[1].png (1599x1181, 1.96M)

I would mostly want to change how lopsided the classes are. I think it's an issue that SLs, bards, and dancers pretty much only exist as
auto-follow classes that people get on their alt accounts to optimize their main accounts. I also always hated the leeching aspect needed for crafting builds. Maybe crafting in itself should reward exp, or the stats needed for crafting should be different (ie have str/dex be needed for smithing instead of just dex/luk, etc).

Also, give super novices all 2nd class abilities as a trans bonus instead of the weak-ass "expanded" selection of skills. That class was the most fun I ever had in RO, but it feels like Gravity just never did them justice as the game went on (though I did hear that they were pretty good in the Mobile version).

Attached: it hurts.jpg (1000x650, 177.75K)

MSGO2 but artillery and non-Dynames snipers are still good