Played the DMC series for the first time this past fortnight

Played the DMC series for the first time this past fortnight.
3 and 5 are my favorites, they have the best gameplay, story, and replayability. All Dante/Vergil moments were pure kino and I'm gonna replay each on higher difficulties and with playable Vergil.
1 gets second place for being a pretty fun first entry (Ifrit instantly sold me on the series), but I'll probably never replay it that much because 3 and 5 exist.
4 has good gameplay and I actually like Nero, but the campaign is shit. Dante just going back through Nero's levels and fighting the same bosses again is lame as fuck.
2 is just boring not ashamed to say I dropped it halfway through after finding out it wasn't even considered canon anymore.
Didn't touch DmC because it looked like pure cringe.
Which DMC is your guys' favorite?

Attached: 5346354135.jpg (176x176, 6.89K)

we can go smaller than that

Attached: vergal.png (17x18, 1002)

Any Forums approved DMC tier list
3 > 4 > 5 > DMC: Devil May Cry > 1 > 2

3 > 5 > 1 = 4 > 2
never played DmC

Hard for me to pick a favorite since i like them all for different reasons except 2 and DmC, since i haven't even played those

>never played DmC
You should, it's great gameplay wise, the story is shit and they treat Virgil worse than they did Dante in DMC2. But as a combo simulator, it's great, better than 1.

>DMC: Devil May Cry > 1
Not in a million years.

I think 5 is the greatest action game ever made period.

Attached: 1650482017894.webm (1280x720, 2.1M)

Let it go, gramps. Nobody cares if you played DMC1 on the PS2 back in the day. DMC beats it in combat mechanics.

Can't believe I have Deluxe Edition and I would have to fucking pay for the Credo and Donte recolors

>2 is just boring not ashamed to say I dropped it halfway
you and most people who even chose to touch that piece of shit
>after finding out it wasn't even considered canon anymore.
It's still canon, Lucia is in the DMC5 prequel novel and shit like Uroboros is still referenced with Rock Goldstein working for them or something. Thing is there just isn't much to consider canon, like barely anything fucking happens. As for games for me it's

5 > 3 > 4 > DmC DE but even then with DmC being on the bottom I don't really consider any DMC game less than an 8/10 bar the obvious 2. I excluded 1 because the series has progressed so far from it that I can't really compare it in good faith but I still enjoy it.

Attached: EgY7ApEXcAAlwk3.jfif.jpg (2048x1233, 470.93K)

>ITT: OP gets utterly redpilled to the point he's not a faggot.
Godspeed, user. I am a simple man: for me; it's DMC3SE on ps2 with rebellion/Cerberus & E&I/Shotgun.

Attached: 1615176831695.jpg (569x569, 70.91K)

It's really cheap on PSN right now, I'll try it out.

I bought DmC super cheap to see how bad it was due all the shitfest... still felt ripped off and I paid $3 physical. Hardly worth the pirate, if you want; do that first.

For once OP wasn't a faggot, 3 and 5 are objectively the best DMC games ever made.

Attached: 1653710792915.gif (472x332, 2.81M)

I need help with vergil and cavaliere in the bloody palace because it's getting ridiculous, I literally die in 5 seconds against him as vergil

Use Mirage Edge for constant parrys, spam the perfect Trick dodge if needed.

the hd collection was on sale so i bought it
played 1, it was really really good.
2 was very mediocre with shockingly bad moments.
so far 3 is amazing

I'm on turbo I barely get time to react when trying to mirage edge parry FUUUUUUUUUUUCK AGH IM TIRED OF KNEELING TO HIM

Attached: 1592584706758.gif (280x158, 1.51M)

>trick up
>helmbreaker
works every time

I'm a brave soul who played DmC Definitive Edition recently. The gameplay was pretty enjoyable at times and the visuals of places like limbo are pretty unique, even if everything else is boring or straight-up inferior to the main series.
I don't see why Itsuno would ever admit to liking this game, but the influence it had on 5 is pretty strong in some aspects and 5's honestly better for it.
Don't bother with the Vergil DLC. I got it for free in the DE and I still wanted my money back.

I'm just happy we've got a DMC Thread where the OP isn't some shitty bait.

Attached: image00256.jpg (1357x1920, 736.92K)

Wrong.

>(Ifrit instantly sold me on the series)
You too huh? It's too bad the fist weapons in the later games didn't feel as good.

I feel robbed out of a true Mission 6

people usually praise the DmC vergil DLC for giving vergil actual levels rather than just replaying the main levels but they forget that it came at the huge cost of vergil not being usable for the 20 existing missions and he can't even fight non DLC bosses like in 3/4/5 SE.

Let's not forget his missions are SHIT

Or the fact the dlc is a rip-off of Bleach.