Why did epic fail

Attached: 48433F06-B456-4BCF-9FE8-637A956CD09F.jpg (1125x1107, 856.85K)

Because I already had steam installed

chinese data theft

Attached: this but unironically.jpg (1482x1839, 634.08K)

I dunno, they have fortnite though. They're doing fine.
Who has said they have failed?
Tencent is big winner and very strong

Tried to enter the market with basically nothing of its own, and worse or missing features compared to the industry standard.

Their launcher is kind of shit, it's like the Paradox or 2K launcher that everyone bypasses. Completely useless bloatware with no useful features that's only there to steal your data. It doesn't help that the company shares information with the fucking CCP.
Also, free games just don't matter that much in PC because all games are free and DRM free thanks to piracy.

lack of mod support

No free games to Russia!

Attached: gulag.webm (850x480, 2.76M)

Attached: 1653702600399.png (522x542, 378.78K)

because it tried to monopolize a free market

stupid gooks

I don't get it
sneed

Attached: Epic-fail-guy-dance.gif (400x400, 9.43K)

One reason I don't like Epic Games is literally just because of the name. "The Epic Games Store". I understand it is named after the company, Epic Games but I really don't like the idea of using a service that sounds like it is marketed to twelve year olds.

you got them mixed up

Inferior product cant make up for free often crap games.

Attached: Resized_20220118_140519(0)(2).jpg (1920x2560, 1.06M)

>top is owned by satanic pedophiles
>bottom is owned by the Chinese government
Is there no winning in this world? Has peace been killed fully?

Bad PR

Because the epic platform sucks, wow that was hard. They could offer me every game for free but using their launcher makes me want to kill myself.

both great

the second, "nice data susan" should have been in mandarin

>I only play mature games for mature men like myself
wake-up call: if you play video games you're immature. period.

I would use Super Fun Games Store, egs is just a bad launcher

Man, that dude gained a tremendous amount of weight in three seconds.

Epic's store/launcher are lackluster but I don't get why people act like it's the worst shit ever

it does the basics just fine from my experience

I enjoy Wandersong and other silly games that kids could enjoy like Amogus (very fun with a group of friends, never play with randoms). I'm not trying to be a "mature gaymer" my point is, it just sounds stupid.

If something's free, you're the product.

life isn't fair

Attached: 1618157295628.jpg (500x733, 57.81K)

People are still ass mad about the exclusivity thing but deflect and say it’s about data collection. If data collection was really the issue they wouldn’t be on the internet at all.

they would not support muh linux so i hacked sneedy's brain and made him retarded

Attached: 1633101189885.jpg (800x800, 70.96K)

this guy is more handsome than me

holy based

Isn't it just the Fortnite Launcher?

Any Forums is free

they thought that spending money on exclusivity deals would somehow ingratiate them with consumers instead of pissing them off
imagine if they had spent all that effort on improving their store and marketing instead

this gif is probably older than half the site now.

stupidest statement ever

That can't be right, I was just playing the latest of Unreal Tournament via its native Linux version just a few hours ago, before switching to my free copy of Borderlands 3 via Heroic

I trust Obama more than Xi Pooh, tho.