DON'T KILL THE VILLIAN YOU WILL BE JUST LIKE THEM!

>DON'T KILL THE VILLIAN YOU WILL BE JUST LIKE THEM!
>Already killed a thousand people to get to them

When will games stop doing this?

Attached: image_2022-05-28_044346225.png (1280x720, 524.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ld1XM3brjTU
youtu.be/FlcwK7ULwow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill the devs or you're just like them?

if you kill your enemies they win
end the recycle of violence

>>Already killed a thousand people to get to them
Low IQ

What game lets you absolve and make friends with Hitler?

>if you kill him, you will be like him!
>"I guess you're right"
>*BANG*

Attached: Lin_Gun.jpg (548x840, 192.02K)

I bet you would suck your enemy's cock to appease them for hurting their fee fees

No, they don't win because they are dead. Maybe you win a little bit less but they certainly dont win.

Attached: live with it.jpg (500x1077, 156.66K)

Do the families of all the other people you killed not want revenge?

>Kill them anyway
>Turns out your ally wasn't speaking metaphorically
>The villain's soul possesses the Player character and continues, business as usual.

Or

>Hero relents
>Their second in command who told them not to then turns around and decapitates the villain
>Shrugs and admits that they only said that because they wanted to kill the villain.

This is the trope I hate the most because it makes no sense.

Call of juarez gunslinger is the one that did this trope right
youtu.be/ld1XM3brjTU

ill recycle all the violins b

Kino

>If you kill him, you'll be just like him!
>Good

Attached: 1429898913349.gif (400x300, 2.01M)

Predictive programming garbage

Any games that subvert this shitty trope?

Such a badass show.

but which one?

it's the ultimate non-violence lib take. Like some fucking Marvel super hero bullshit.

There is violence in the real world, perpetuated to maintain order and power. There is no escaping it. You commit violence or you become the victim of it, there is no alternative.

People who rise up and decide to take on the "bad guys" feel that because they are morally righteous they must not stoop so low as to kill their enemies but show them mercy. But if you look at say, the Joker for example, you're mercy is not extending to the possible victims you're creating when he inevitably escapes from prison and kills more people.

The truth is simple. From time to time, certain people need to be killed for a variety of valid justifiable reasons.

Attached: 6d9.jpg (288x432, 15.52K)

Silent Hill 3 has very similar circumstances in the core revenge plot and has a villain that actually wants the protagonist to attack them because there's an evil force in the protagonist being fed by their anger, and if you do attack you get a game over. If you don't, the villain dies far more painfully a minute later from a different cause and the protagonist complains that they didn't get to kill her themselves.

You don't even need to get that autistic about it. If you kill 50,000 people just to spare the 1 big bad because "muh development" it's stupid as fuck.

Yeah and it really worked out for her.

You weren’t alive back then but this is what every movie in the 90s did, including Rambo. Almost every show did it too, think Star Trek. Literally every trope people hate on in new games Star Trek did but no one cared, because back then people weren’t mind raped by internet memes into supporting cult politics

I swear TLoU2 isn't a great game or anything but everyone has 2iq criticisms of the story. It's like you're all retarded on purpose

The difference is that in those stories they generally avoid killing them so they can throw them to the police. And then they don't break out of prison over and over like a Batman villain.

Damn bro, that’s so crazy! Get this; I don’t like Star Trek either you retard

>every single character in the story tries to stop the protagonist with the argument that"If you kill him, you'll be just like him!", "revenge bad", and "forgive your enemies!"
>protagonist just straight up cuts the villain in half, no dialogue, no epic music, no moral bullshit, he just does it and then walks away.
Games for this feel

Attached: file.png (500x308, 183.51K)

In First Blood, only one human dies and it was on accident. Rambo does kill the hunting dogs and a boar, though. He only attacked back in the town because he was getting cornered by the national guard and everyone else, so he did the only thing he knew. And the Sheriff while wrong was not so evil that he deserved to be killed by Rambo.

He did the same in part 2, spared the big bad

>Saints Row 2
>"I guess that makes us even"
>Shoots him in the face
>"Not really"
>Walks away, no music

youtu.be/FlcwK7ULwow

>Don't kill the Nazis
>Otherwise you're just like them

lol stay mad polfags

Oh and the only thing he knew? I guess he learned compassion during the story.