Telltale TWD Season 2

It's a shame how shit this game ended up being. Just watched a bunch of videos on originals ideas and projects the developers had for this season, but never went ahead with.

Attached: 5f8bbcca7efa8.jpg (300x450, 60.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUIJmPg1Yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of ideas? I was really disappointed in 2, what were they originally planning?

I will never not be mad we didn't get to arvo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUIJmPg1Yc
It was going to be much darker and ambitious.

Season 2 made me realize that Lee was also part of what made TWD special. without him the story falls short and i don't like adult clem both in S3 and 4.

There were too many things working against season 2. A change in the main writers, higher-ups spreading all the developers thin across multiple projects, and a shift to a child protagonist that they didn't know how to justify without making the rest of the cast stupider by comparison.

Actually really liked a few of the ideas and characters it had, it just feels like they didn't have the time to really flesh anything out beyond jumping from one shocking unavoidable death scene to the next.

Attached: clem_season 2.png (500x534, 195.63K)

They appearently hardly debated whether she should be the MC or not. They wanted the player to protect her but they didn't want to make a Lee 2.0, so said fuck it and gave it to her.

Atleast it's better than season 3

Attached: 1A6DFC20-1D8B-412A-AC76-04B313974806.jpg (622x622, 48.24K)

Lee was a great protagonist, but everything was better in S1 compared to 2.
The writing was sharper, characters were more likeable, the story was more interesting, it was just better all around. Lee was the bow that tied it all together.

Agreed, Lee was the best part!

I thought it worked genuinely well in the first episode or so. They actually emphasize the pros and cons of Clementine being a resourceful little kid, with her being stealthy and quick, but not the powerhouse that Lee was. And the fact that the group will care about your opinion less, but you can still play to their sympathies or take advantage of the fact that people underestimate you.

But the further the season went on, the more they seemed to have trouble keeping Clementine relevant without making all the adults grossly incompetent and over-reliant on her.

Attached: 1466281046561.jpg (1920x1080, 129.31K)

I think a big difference is that season 2 really drops the idea of having hub areas to explore and solve puzzles in. In season one you could always take a moment to check in with every character and get their take on the situation, or have optional interactions like repairing a swing for the kids.

Season 2 feels like it's trying to be shorter and more cinematic, so you never get the chance to stop and breathe to get to know the characters in the same way.

Attached: 2348959.png (500x328, 292.43K)

I liked all of TT TWD series.

would've been great

the funny thing is they dropped those hubs with each new game to impress the retarded higher ups of telltale.

The older I get, the more I realize Kenny was unironically in the right during Episode 2. He was still a whiny, passive aggressive faggot for the rest of Part 1 over one single disagreement though even after everything Lee did for him otherwise.

I assumed it was just to save time while bouncing back and forth between three other projects.

Attached: 20 good men.jpg (1920x1080, 135.23K)

>most of the cabin crew die without ever doing anything important for the story
>have the option to save characters only for them to do nothing then die 30 minutes later
>Mike exists even though the story would be 100% the same without him in it

ah, so like the show then?

>two guys that pretty much wrote the entire first season left to form there own company
no wonder telltale fell apart, they were probably carrying the company on their back, got nothing for it, and left to form their own company leaving telltale to die

So whats their company and how are they doing now?

>try season 1
>like it a lot
>try season 2
>every character is retarded and unlikable (except Kenny)
>also all these people who have been surviving in the zombie apocalypse for like a year are taking a 12 year old girls suggestion very seriously
Literally what the fuck happened?

Campo Santo
They got acquired by Valve, helped write Half Life: Alyx. Apparently have other story heavy games in production at Valve, but we'll see about that.

>Mike
What the fuck was this character?
>introduced and seems pretty chill
>on a dime flips and basically is willing to leave a baby and a little girl to die because "uh you were mean to heckin Arvo"
I'm still mad