Is anyone else bummed out by the fact that fantasy worlds don't exist...

Is anyone else bummed out by the fact that fantasy worlds don't exist? I know we make jokes about how we'd rather be social recluses playing games all day instead of going outside, but sometimes I feel like my life would be happier if I could isekai myself somewhere like in Elder Scrolls or Lord of the Rings or Elden Ring. I want to be able to break the laws of physics and become a superhero or something, but alas we're stuck here on earth, where there are no wizards or elves or orcs, no dragons or magic or giant trees or floating sky islands.

Attached: elden-ring-limgrave-vista.jpg (1920x1080, 196.93K)

I used to, but then I turned 13.

Retards like you always fancy yourself as the protag or chosen one rather than as one of the generic ass NPCs or worse, trash mobs that populate the game setting.

You've been hardwired to coom and consoom and as such you'll never be happy with what you have, the idea is to want more 24/7. But think for a minute user.

The world we live in, as is, is objectively some high level sorcery shit. It's literally something that the wildest escapist autist from the medieval era couldn't even dream of happening. Even if you did get transported to some meme video game (that isn't objectively a dystopian nightmare for everyone except for the MC), and throw fireballs or fly, it'd get fucking mundane FAST.

Here you can travel at a 1000kph speed above the clouds and reach any destination on the planet by tomorrow. You can operate a 1,5 tonne machine of steel that goes up to 200kmh lmao, jump from the tallest building ever with a parachute and land on your feet. Bacteria, deadly viruses, all that shit, you take a pill and within a week you're good as new. Shit, just having the knowledge of billions of other humans, accumulated for a millennia, readily available at your fingertips is insane. This is something you can leverage literally today to pick up any skill and be great at it given enough practice. Objectively a prepared modern day human with our current tools could steamroll half of fantasy.

I still think about it, but we're incredibly fortunate to be living in the 21st century. We get stressed about certain groups being oppressed or the fact that we can't say the n-word, but people in fantasy settings, which are still the middle-ages mostly, get stressed at the fact that they suddenly have an incurable disease that they can only cure by climbing a mountain, slaying a she-troll that shoots lightning, and eating its heart. Meanwhile, we have air conditioning and I fucking love air conditioning.

yeah but atleast we can take comfort knowing that magical worlds likely exist in extremely distant galaxies since they have different physics

Attached: 0D16CF8A-C0C5-497E-B73F-C54A25FA361E.jpg (235x215, 4.7K)

based optimists
the real world can be real cool, pick up some new hobbies and skills op

>flipping burgers for 10 hours a day in some soulless industrialized city is so much cooler than being a noble hardworking farmer in skyrim.

Or, if you're really raring for an adventure, travel to the outskirts of Alaska and attempt to slay a giant snow bear or something. You'll either A.) emerge victorious and have food, a pelt, and a dope as hell trophy, B.) fail, but survive, and realize that being an adventurer (swinging swords, getting beat by goblins, and being a nomadic hobo) sucks, or C.), die.

didnt you already make this thread before? i remember calling you a retard

>he thinks he'd be a hardworking farmer in skyrim
lol.
You'd be the retarded NPC hammering a wall that doesn't need hammering.

>walks up to a wall
>rubs hands together
>nothing changes
>does this forever

I'm just bummed out that there are no lost civilizations or hidden treasure to find like in indiana jones or tomb raider or uncharted, no atlantis or amazonia.

Well user, to be fair, we've hardly explored most of the ocean. A lost civilization's remains might still be down there, if we can figure out the pressure shit

im pretty sure the spanish treasure fleet lost a lot of treasure that was never recovered.
i mean do you honestly believe that in the entirety of the 6000-7000 years since the first human civilization, not one person or group has hidden treasure or a tomb somewhere that still hasnt been found to this day?

Ever heard of Pompeii?

I thought you could visit Pompeii? Why would there be treasure there?

you should go into china and break into that emperor's tomb they dont let anyone in. find the mercury river and the bajillion dollars of riches that are hidden away. but watch out for the terracotta soldiers

After James Cameron's Avatar came out a bunch of people reported being depressed because Pandora didn't exist. Which begs the question: of all the fictional worlds to be sad over not existing, why would you choose Avatar?

What a pathetic schizo thread. No wonder a soledrone made it. Just horrible.

That's what the metaverse is for. Zuck will make your dreams come true

>tfw you will never be a 10 foot tall blue tribal monkey man riding a bird dragon around floating sky mountains
Why live?

id get bored without Any Forums

No one has yet to prove or disprove the existence of Yamashita's treasure.

Tell you what, OP. I've heard vague rumors of a kettle up in space, circling Earth's orbit. No one can prove it's there, but no one can prove it's not there either. Your new purpose in life is to find a way to get to space and prove the existence or non-existence of that kettle.