Which art style do you usually prefer for your games, realistic or stylized?

Which art style do you usually prefer for your games, realistic or stylized?

Attached: 9a5a6d59642814f855d144754d093631.jpg (469x832, 91.78K)

Stylized, specifically in facial features. Usually, realistic eyes tend to look robotic and lifeless, despite how realistic the texture is. Usually, excessive details in the face lead to more visible pores or little bumps that no normal person would even notice. Noses end up looking strange, like weird fleshy lumps rather than rigid objects with cartilage connected to the skull. Lips, especially those with gaudy thick lipstick, always look like plastic. Realistic faces tend to look terrible as a result. With stylized faces, I don't notice features that aren't there. Lips are simply differently colored parts of the mouth, eyes are simple yet easy to follow, skin can show imperfections without looking like a frog's ass, and so on. Less is more, and style beats realism in that regard by a long shot. Granted, style can really fuck up a design, like making every woman look like a whore with thick lipstick and overly exaggerated perfect features (looking at you, literally every Korean game and your fascination with fake-looking women), but good style can make for nice visual aesthetics. If I want realism, I'll stop being a cave-dwelling hermit.

Stylized. I hate realistic graphics to the point that I can't enjoy most games with realistic graphics, or at least the realistic graphics since the 7th generation, because before that I liked the realistic graphics of the different eras.

Stylized, my brain can cover what's missing or suggested in stylized art, in realistic it notices what's wrong/missing.

White dots and rectangles.

Attached: Pong-FA-B1C1YX.jpg (2292x1200, 353.65K)

Stylized. Even "realistic" games should be stylized, such as Alien: Isolation.
I miss 6th gen lighting style and color scheme.

too bad there are no games with artstyle like that

I prefer good.

ayyyy lmao

Stylized because it gives more opportunities for the developers to express themselves. Any type of meaning that a creator wants to apply to a realistic looking piece of work can also be applied to a stylized work; in addition, stylization is not a specific aesthetic, which gives creators a chance to deviate from realism in their own unique way.

you will never be a woman

Maybe that could be possible with a realtime AI filter.

Attached: 1*27tFqiNUeUK9BHVLkjZyYg.jpg (926x460, 157.74K)

stylized, only because realism is harder to do right. I feel like rdr2 done realism very well compared to other games.

Doesn't matter because ultimately a good looking game is more than whether or not it has stylized or realistic art

I have found myself enjoying both.
I will say that the standard for realistic is so high nowadays that you should really avoid it at risk of being insulted by fans of the newest kinoge

Realistic. Only two different types of people like stylized; children and pedophiles. I'm neither one of those.

Where the fuck did the rest of her torso go?

fuck you and your gay dichotomies, I like both

Stylized. MUH REALISM has been the downfall of modern video games
"Game is shit"
>BUT MUH GRAPHIX
"Yeah but game is still shit."

Devs should devote less time on realism and more on actual gameplay and content

Obviously it depends on context and execution, I'll take Kingdom Come over World of Warcraft anyday.

who is this semon demon?

>"Game is shit"
>>BUT MUH GRAPHIX
>"Yeah but game is still shit."
You're a fucking retard if you think a game with stylized graphics has never gotten the MUH GRAPHIX defense. In fact, MUH GRAPHIX is often the ONLY thing a game with stylized graphics has going for it.