I will now shit talk and critique this game as if I have played it to completion and have you assume my arguments are...

>I will now shit talk and critique this game as if I have played it to completion and have you assume my arguments are valid even though my entire experience with it is trying to get it to run on my $2000 PC through a shoddy emulator and spending three to five hours getting it to work, after which I have come to the conclusion that no amount of tinkering will get me farther and in order to have a playable experience I will need a $3000 PC instead. Some time will go by until I decide to spend $1000 on PC upgrades instead of $50 to buy a ps3 and a copy of mgs4, but by then I will play 10 minutes of it and realize I just like saying I can play games from sony and nintendo more than I like actually playing video games. I will repeat this process once ps4 emulation becomes available with bloodborne.
more games for this phenomena?

Attached: mgs4.jpg (220x254, 19.91K)

The phenomenon where lonely contrarians try to say that an objectively shit game is actually good in order to bait responses? Why, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes of course

Attached: twin snakes.jpg (267x373, 21.1K)

kek what a thread

tsmt. I was super excited to find out how the story ended after beating mgs2 and mgs4 delivered on that, even if it had some weak moments.
it has issues but I don't think it is bad. if it is your only way to play metal gear 1 then go for it. gamecube controls kinda suck.

I played it on launch PS3 with the dualsense. I even have the same game box as your pic. This game is complete and utter trash. Full of bad storytelling, absurd moments, moments that ruin moments from prior games, and next to no gameplay. I will never buy a PC. I'm sorry hahahha but I'm not.

The only thing bad about Twin Snakes is the cutscenes and to a lesser extent, using new audio takes instead of the originals.

>Full of bad storytelling, absurd moments, moments that ruin moments from prior games, and next to no gameplay.
>likes twin snakes

what part of the story don't you like?

>it has issues but I don't think it is bad. if it is your only way to play metal gear 1 then go for it
No, it IS bad.
And literally no one could possibly be in such situation that they'd only have access to NGC. If you're on a PC, just emulate the original, or even play the bad PC port.

i bought a new ps3 and replayed it. good game, the story is iffy but its got a few nuggets of cool ideas in it. gameplay is the best of the series desu, at least on paper. mgsv has awesome open-ended missions and movement, but it doesn't feel as much of a metal gear game. mgs4 built on mgs3's mechanics in an amazing way, but you get one chapter to actually use it freely. its better than peace walker at least.

The basic story, Old Snake going on one final mission to protect the world from nuclear annihilation all the while dealing with the effects of FoxDie and confronting his own mortality is very interesting and what I signed up for.

That said, everything else is Kojima's worst impulses unfiltered and the gameplay and bosses are some of the worst in the franchise.

The fight with Liquid/Ocelot is awesome though but it can't redeem a horrid game.

I like Twin Snakes for the MGS2 level presentation and FPV. It makes it way easier to play. I don't like the goofy shit cutscenes which is part of the reason why I hate MGS4.

it's a worse port sure but it's a port of a good game so it isn't bad. and there are poorfags who only have an iphone or a chromebook that cant play games on PC.

The novelization is very good; the author was very influenced by Metal Gear, and Kojima seemed to be influenced by Itoh in turn considering how much MGS4 thematically overlaps with Genocidal Organ.
So I don't care that I have to wait until a 2025 port to the cinematic version of all the cool moments I read about.

Absolute kino game, even though I couldn't follow the story. The final boss fight is too good

>my $2000 PC
>running @60 1080p on a 1050ti
>half an hour of tinkering knowing nothing of rpcs3
must be hard to be a zoomer

>gameplay is the best of the series desu
you are fucking insane

Watch he's going to make the claim that "The gameplay is good you just hardly play it!" and then say how the intro mission in the warzone was great. MGS 4 fans are basically NPCs who cite the same shit over and over again, the gameplays trash. Octocamo is a dumb addition btw and doesn't make sense, you might as well not have camo and have the series go back to MGS 1 and 2 where it wasn't even a factor if the game is just going to give you the camo automatically.

okay, can you explain to me how the warzone mission is bad then? Never seen anyone hold this opinion

Ryzen 7 5800x costs 300 and runs it so no or just buy a fucking ps3 for $60

It's flawed from it's concept. Supporting either side in combat will reward you with that side being friendly but MGS should never encourage you to go rambo. It defeats the purpose of even stealthing, I had more success on hard by just running past people. And the reason why this worked was because the level design is too open and allows for too many options. MGS 2 and 3 are wide open but they're still very linear games where if a guard catches you they're able to persist long enough to catch you unless you wise up and stealth. In mgs 4 you can be in alert the entire time and just run past everyone, it's not challenge and the game should be punishing you for this. And this isn't a case of just them accidentally designing it like this it was on purpose. it's why the boss fight with Meryls squad is a fight that you can't do peacefully easily at all, you're encouraged to use your weapons to kill the incoming enemies, the game is expecting you to be able to do that because boss fights are tests of the gameplay that just came before, and the gameplay before was full of action and the game encouraging you to stop sneaking and fight instead

Words cannot describe how much I hate Kadri. My asshole tightens every time I see him on defense. Guy fucking sucks at hockey.

Video games?

not him but I agree
I was trying to do a no alert playthrough
after playing each section about 3-4 times to get it right I can tell you EXACTLY how each individual guard will move, and that's because once you reach a specific position on the map each and every one of them will trigger some sort of script, meaning you literally cannot deviate in any way ( as if it was a movie ... )
I could literally make a list right now of how every guard will behave
and this (((gameplay))) is repeated throughout the whole fucking game ad nauseam
>but this happens in all metal gears !
no it doesn't, guards had a route and you could observe and plan accordingly
there's no planning anything when npcs will decide to deviate their path because you crossed some invisible threshold
the game as a game is fucking garbage

No one here played this back then on the ps3. It's too old

there's only two warzones in MGS4
The first one in the middle east, you can have the rebel soldiers stop spotting you by giving them rations
The second one you can help them liberate objectives and cause confusion and shit by helping them, simple as
And guards still have regular patrols and behaviors and their AI is really good just like it was in 2 and 3, sure there's more scripted moments in their patterns but you're basically talking out your ass and/or suck at the game and sneaking.

>not him but I agree
you guys are literally saying the complete opposite thing, so no you do not agree

>Here is a hot girl that kills people and tries to kill you.
>Can only kill her.
>Did you know that actually she was super abused and shit. Don't you feel bad now!

T. Never played the multiplayer
Embarrassing. MGS4 is a fun game and its what i wanted for GZ and V but instead i got shitty Peace Walker with horrible unfinished mess.

>>Can only kill her.
No? you can spare them, also they are pure seggs dog bless kojima

Attached: whatcouldshebethinkingabout_1.jpg (1024x576, 291.37K)

Uncharted 2's multiplayer is also good but I wouldn't try and make the claim it somehow improves the game at all

>Octocamo is a dumb addition btw and doesn't make sense
Then just don't use it and use the traditional MGS3 camo system or no camo at all?
Did you people even play MGS4 at all?

Attached: 1633839992693.jpg (1024x907, 59.41K)

My knowledge of MGS series is limited to the very first game. I downloaded a digital copy on Xbox 360 or PS3 at some point and thoroughly enjoyed.

The only thing I've heard about MGS4 is that the cutscene length is completely absurd.

>sure there's more scripted moments
dude I'm fucking doing it

>second section
>2 guards will signal each other the moment you get close to them, they will then move away
>2 guards will get out of the church the moment you get close to them, one will always look left
>third section
>2 guards will say "let's go help outside"
>1 guard will help a wounded soldier and will then leave
>2 guards will talk, when they're done talking one will leave the room, the other will stay there and run around the table
>fifth section ( you just got the drum )
>2 guards will run on the street, they will get mortared ( they might actually survive depending on your location )
>2 guards will move the moment you approach a little side road
>2 guards will run past you once you're at the end of the corridor
>3 guards will decide to run past enemies and die
>a guy will say to a sniper "I will go down, you snipe from here" the moment you go up the stairs
>2 guys will appear out of nowhere once you go out of the building and start shooting at the road
>2 guys will appear once you go over a parked car, signal to each other, then go forward
THE GAME IS ALL LIKE THIS FUCK OFF

>wah why does the game have a different patrol pattern from the rest! Why can it be soldier moves from a-b instead of A-B-C?
Get gud

Attached: 1653368296995.png (170x160, 1.46K)

Sounds kino

All of this happens within gameplay btw

Sorry I'm not playing your kojima cutscene simulator """"""""""""""""""""stealth""""""""""""""""""" game