Banjo Kazooie > Mario 64

I recently came to this realizing after re playing both back-to-back. Change my mind.

Attached: alsfda;lkfja.jpg (785x576, 67.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y4ETVHuOS1E?t=525
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DK64 mogs both
>5 playable characters
>better boss fights
>huge levels
>secrets and unlockables
>multiplayer

Have you tried playing Banjo Kazooie/Super Mario 64 mods?
youtu.be/y4ETVHuOS1E?t=525
Mark Kurko has a lot of great mods for banjo kazooie

Attached: mario.jpg (620x380, 48.63K)

depends on what you want

mario 64 has way better controls and movement, but banjo has better atmosphere, music and abilities

Banjo had zero momentum which makes jumping and flying feel incredibly unsatisfying. There's really not a whole lot of actual platforming until lategame, you mostly solve puzzles.

I've always preferred BK. In terms of core gameplay and having tighter movement yeah I can see someone preferring Mario 64, especially for speedrunning autists, but BK just has so much more soul. The levels are way more interesting, the music is all incredible, it's basically just soul overload. Sort of depends on how much value you put on aesthetic presentation vs just core gameplay I guess.

Banjo was never good.

Conker's Bad Fur Day shits on all 3

I agreed with OP until I got to the Rusty Bucket Bay engine room and then proceeded drink heavily while clutching my copy of Mario 64 for comfort.

Banjo wins:
>Banjo has better characterization, there's a much bigger sense of playing something with an actual story, wich made me feel much more invested as a kid
>There are more variety of objectives
>Final boss is one of the best boss fights of that generation

Tie:
>Both have great music and atmosphere

Mario Wins:
>Banjo has plenty of interesting skills and mechanics, but movement is much slower compared to Mario
>You cannot autistically skip large chunks of a level by doing crazy shit. Mario 64 has way more freedom in that regard

for levels, banjo
for movement, mario

Autistically backtracking the same shit 5 times ruined that game.
Banjo Tooie did everything you mention better, including the playable characters.

>Autistically backtracking the same shit 5 times

Funny thing is this is why I hated Banjo Tooie. Completing it felt like a massive chore.

Conker is barely in the same genre, why are you comparing him to them.

Banjo
>linear level order
>about 90% completion required in order to beat the game, compared to SM64's 70/120 stars
>notes also required, don't save, and hardly as much leeway as 100-coin stars
>locked moveset (not talking about transformations. Those are more akin to SM64 caps)
yeeeeah no. Also Mario feels much more like a platformer to me (which I prefer), while Banjo is more adventurey. Like every level is bigger, has a transformation, and quests. But the tradeoff is Banjo has weaker movement and the levels aren't as focused on speed and precision.

>Conker's Bad Fur Day

Ugh. I purchased a used copy from a certain retro game website for way too much money. The cartridge glitched out not too far into the game, so I had to raise a stink with these cunts. Thankfully they agreed to refund.

i usually just use the stop n swap to play mario in banjo levels. using banjo is very sluggish and boring

Attached: banjo mario1.jpg (546x397, 61.35K)

>a game that is often grouped together as the main 4 3D platformers on the n64 is being compared to the other main 3D platformers on the system
gee, I wonder why
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, user. Have you played the game since?

Playing through Freezeezy Peak and Click Clock Wood during the holidays makes me super happy. Best levels!

I personally like BK more, but BK came out two years later, so it wasn't nearly as novel as Mario 64.

>Have you played the game since?

Nope. Never played more than an hour or so of it. Thinking I'll just download the Rare Replay version.

Based. Why CCW in particular?

>Change my mind.
Why?

Attached: il_794xN.3606441602_nu2x.jpg (794x784, 60.04K)