DQ11 is mega comfy but way too easy

DQ11 is mega comfy but way too easy.

Attached: MV5BOTE4Mjc4YzgtZmM0MS00MmM2LTgwMmQtMzM1NTBiNWVkNTcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3NjAwMDc4._V1_.jpg (523x741, 93.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTht_NiQlU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's what hard mode is for

Do you know why Japan loves Dragon Quest?
youtube.com/watch?v=XTht_NiQlU4

Attached: dragon quest.jpg (1200x1600, 480.27K)

It has that?

Attached: 1622672593590.jpg (1242x1122, 166.62K)

Yes. Harder Monsters enabled at a minimum is pretty fun.

Attached: 742120_20181007183825_1.png (1920x1080, 3.05M)

Attached: 1649762694601.jpg (1550x2080, 220.2K)

It's pretty easy to miss I think because you have to activate it when you first make your save file.

Okay, so what are all the best settings? I like a good challenge, and I like a good comfy story, I can put up with a little ball smacking but I don't want the whole game to be that, but I despise coasting through easily.

draconian is more like a set of modifiers you can set at the beginning of a playthrough with shit like harder monsters(it’s just stat buffs btw) and removal of shops and a random chance to lose your turn and shit. You can essentially turn it into a “not rpg” if you really want

I got bored after like 20 something hours. The lack of variety in music also made me want to blow my brains out.

I married Gemma again :(

ywnbaw

Serena is a better version of Gemma, why would you do that

Attached: serenawave.jpg (1280x720, 274.92K)

this post glows, dont take the bait

All those DQ games that never got brought to America causes me much pain

Attached: 1650342250606.jpg (710x710, 251.21K)

I played with Harder Monsters AND Super Shypox and it is still too easy. The individual fights being tough don't mean much when there is a campfire every 3 feet and the overworld enemies are trivial to avoid.

Act 3 ruins it for me

that long? I got bored before the demo finished. sugiyama was a hack.

DQ music is like eating nothing but bread and potatoes, its good but goddamn, a man needs something else in his life other than the same fucking overworld theme and battle theme 1000 times

I have the OG, just got Jade in the party. Haven't played more, does it get better. Also is it worth to get the special edition upgrade?

shut the fuck up tranny, stop pretending you have any grievance with the music, you aren't fooling anyone.

>eating
stopped reading
imagine being so fat

Should I play the 3ds version of 11 as my one and only playthrough of 11? I hear people wishing it was translated in almost every thread so I'm guessing there's something special about it or is this just people going greener grass sort of deal?

Should I just stick to the super ultra whatever version on PC?

Just repeating the question I just asked on the dragon quest general 5 min ago for more opinions.

Attached: 1397355440298.jpg (390x292, 20.24K)

No and yes.

epic bait posts =^)

No. Unlike them I've actually played the 3DS in Japanese.

DQ11S is better.

the 3DS version has an entirely unique visual charm, that's why people want it translated.

Attached: 1649712334287.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

The 2D-3D mode hybrid stops after the first area fyi. You have to choose one or the other.

The graphics are unique for the 3DS version and it's cool to see what they did with less graphical power to work with, but content wise it's not worth it as 3DS is missing stuff. The biggest draw was the 2D mode and that was added to the S edition anyway.

Felt obligated because she’s the childhood friend and the only real ‘marriage’ option. Plus I’m a autistic and can’t deviate from canon.

I'm talking about the 3D graphics on the top screen. The cutscenes are also different and have entirely unique animation. Someone post the webms I don't have them.

for a moment i thought that was reviewbrah from the hit youtube series runningonempty food reviews

>The biggest draw was the 2D mode and that was added to the S edition anyway.
Wait, really? Can you switch between them on the fly like with the Halo remaster?

No only at a church and it resets your progress to the beginning of the chapter.

>pixar style game made for literal japanese children
>"heh, i easily defeated it"

Attached: hmm.png (294x270, 141.29K)

But there is a bonus area where you can time travel to areas from older DQ games, which will be played in 2D even if you are in 3D mode

what's the best dragon warrior game

Holy fuck that sounds amazing. Why do people never talk about this when discussing both versions and instead focus on easily dismissable QoL stuff? I'll grab the S version then.

>normal mode is too easy
>hard mode is too hard

Attached: veronica.jpg (1920x1080, 309.35K)

The lack of music variety is insane in such a long game and all thanks to the kikery of the composer, sadly, hell, there are VERY FEW new songs in the game, many are reused or "remixes" of older songs. Hope things are different now.

because the 2D mode sucks and lacks basic shit that the DQ4-6 remakes on DS had such as sprite animations

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as "Dragon Warrior" is in fact Dragon Quest or what I've recently taken to calling it, DQ. Dragon Warrior is not the name of the series, but rather a name used to avoid existing trademarks of the Dragon Quest name in the west.

Attached: 1640115862003.png (997x1465, 3.01M)

Making the game harder doesn't make the game good.
It won't help the shitty OST recover.
It won't make the characters likeable.
It won't give the main character a personality.
It won't create a plot.
It won't give you more options in battle.

I wish reviewbrah went to Japan
Him reviewing all the vending machine drinks would be kino

Attached: reviewbrah.png (984x879, 1.12M)