For me it's ion fury

for me it's ion fury

Attached: ionfury.jpg (1326x1800, 1.71M)

I just played through it. Pretty hard and i save scummed a bit when i realized i could quicksave.

some parts are brutal

It's great at first but by the time you reach the underground maps it loses a lot of steam. The enemies are just too repetitive and there's not enough variety. Good game though. Duke 3D is still the best Build game.

What pissed me off about this game is that chunks of levels turn pitch black at a distance and the game loves to 'hide' hitscanners far away where they're basically invisible. That seriously sucked ass, I can't even remember how many times I found myself looking around confused because I couldn't see where the actual fuck I was getting shot from.

this game is hard but i like how artistically placed the secrets are
I'm honestly clearing out enemies just so I can fuck with switches and back track most of the time.

autistically.

My whole run was like 4/34 secrets found every level

the game dips in the middle but then it gets better towards the end

the secrets are way too hard to find

ya it's good but i got distracted/bored a little and stopped playing it
I beat prodeus tho

I'm pretty sure you can increase the brightness in the settings

Doesn't help. All that does is adjust the final image itself, if the game decides a certain chunk of level needs to be pitch black then it will remain so. You can increase the brightness and instead of having black where you can't see shit you will have a milky grey where you can't see shit, but you still can't see shit. It's not like that chunk of the level will suddenly become visible. It's adjusting the image like you'd adjust a picture, it isn't changing how the lighting of the game world works.

I like the game, but I'm not really compelled to finish it.

Still waiting on the expansion.
3D Realms is in fucking shambles right now, I'm not expecting anything out of them for a good while.

Attached: 1616594191226.jpg (1920x1080, 525.28K)

>game bends the knees to trannies because of a harmless joke
>devs end up donating to a tranny ""charity"" as an apology
eat shit and die

what happened to them?

Bought by Tim Wallets. Everything they've had lined up for the past 2 years has been delayed indefinitely. No Ion Fury expansion, Wrath has the most nothing updates bi-monthly(and they even miss those sometimes), nothing for Graven, nothing about the ROTT port.

So what are they actually doing then?

oh lame, i enjoyed ion fury and was looking forward to the expansion but i kept wondering where it was and why i wasn't hearing anything about it after so long

Nobody knows.

I have quite a hard time to play games that allow quicksave and quickload because I simply don't know what is the limit that defines I'm scumming/cheating or playing the intended way.

For classic Doom Wads, I always play saving only at the beginning of each mission.

>not pistol starting

I could only beat it on the second difficulty but I forced myself not to qs/ql. I wonder if the difficulty levels are calibrated assuming people will quicksave a lot

at least for the expansion they're doing mostly city levels and not the boring underground shit

you yourself define that limit, play however is fun

There is no limit. That whole thought process is honestly so stupid, the devs built the game however they wanted. If there's a quicksave feature it's because they put it there. Use it as much as you want as long as you're not killing your own fun with it.

>because I simply don't know what is the limit that defines I'm scumming/cheating or playing the intended way
Nobody actually cares, dude. Just play the game in the way that's most comfortable for you.

I usually just set a limit for myself and only save that often

In usual 3D Realms fashion:
Absolutely fucking nothing.

George just sits on his fat ass doing nothing except squandering opportunity. God, I hate that fat faggot. Maybe now, they'll actually do something or just die.

For vanilla or medium-hard paced wads, I usually stick to saving at the beginning of a stage. For megawads with FUCKHUGE 35 minute long stages and 5000+ monsters, I stick it out 10-20 deaths before I start saving before picking up keycards. Dying right at the end of a map with only 150 monsters remaining is suffering.
Am I a fucking casual?
Probably.

trying 1cc'ing doom got me playing the game again.

George? he has nothing to do with modern 3DR unless you're talking about a different george