Not playing the greatest game of all time

>not playing the greatest game of all time
explain

Attached: zeldur.jpg (250x274, 26.48K)

I just beat it for the first time on the 60fps PC port.

It's great, especially for it's time. Combat is tedious as fuck though, and all the enemies are designed to be fucking annoying rather than be interesting combat scenarios. The overworld and side missions really feel a little bit rushed as well. I kind of also wish Rupees had more value, because there's pointless secrets everywhere.

Its not the "best game ever made" its just really solid and was a trail blazer

aged like milk

I've already finished it like 30 times.

did you use deku sticks and deku nuts in battle?

yeah, it only decreases the tedium just a little bit. It's not so overbearing that it ruins the game or anything, it just seems to be a big thing in Zelda to make dungeon monsters obnoxious obstacles in general rather than something exciting to conquer with your moveset. I am currently beating LttP now and fuck me im going to piss blood if I get pinballed into a fucking hole again from one of those jellyfish things. They aren't designed to be challenging in any meaningful way, they are just designed to test your patience.

you could just git gud

miyamoto can git gud at sucking my gaijin balls

>OOT and not MM
ishygddt

I have played it, multiple times. Also excited the ship is already showing early co-op stuff.
Zoomer phrase.

That's Dark Souls

Attached: FE9_imqXMAcKkxT.jpg (1200x675, 175.41K)

I don't care about a game's popularity when choosing what to play.

>showing early co-op
where?!

Here's a tip. If a game holds up after 25 years think how mindblowing it was when it came out.

Let me try to paint a picture, that lackluster overworld was the first of its kind in 3d for most people. There was simply nothing like it, not even close. At the time it felt you could go anywhere and do anything. Unsurppassed until gta vice city a few years later.

You got a premade build? I can't be bothered with the Discord or whatever.

Based Ocarina of Time chad.

Attached: 1642539237263.png (317x285, 228.86K)

Nothing wrong with that. Ocarina of Time is still a great game though.

Enough! My ship sails in the morning!

Attached: Screenshot_43.png (963x536, 310.77K)

So? Just because something was novel 20 years ago doesn't mean it shouldn't be held to the same standards we place on every other game. Gameplay is more important than technology and novelty.

Super Mario World was fucking insane for it's time too, people couldn't believe it. But the difference is Mario World decided to place it's focus on elements that make it timeless, and thus deserves the praise it still gets.

Ocarina of Time is a bit overrated, just like Half-Life 2 is. Get over it.

Super Mario World is a redundant and overrated wreck, given that the formula was perfected in SMB3 previously, and then never improved upon, ever.

Debunked

Attached: 2E0D22D2-C3C6-4A05-9952-2FFAAF06E3C4.png (1277x3498, 2.37M)

>Sm3 hipster faggot

Mario World has so much better level design and controls and physics than mario 3. In fact Mario 3 is a overrated piece of shit. Mario 2/Doki Doki was better than mario 3. Just because Mario 3 has more powerups and themes doesn't mean shit.

fuck super mario world
and fuck you

Here's some early footage shoved into a gif.
anonfiles com/v0V3Qeg5y7/Ocarina_of_Time_-_Ship_of_Harkinian_V2_zip

Attached: 1628471880357.gif (320x296, 3.08M)

Wobbly shitty fucking cape gliding? That's 'better' physics, is it? That's 'better' to you? Moron. And yes, having more powerups and themes does actually make it better, because the variety that wraps around the perfect 2D platforming adds a surprising, satisfying and regularly entertaining sense of progression that you don't get from "everything is block-shaded 16-bit pixel-art with a palette of about six colours, and two of them are yellow". No wonder you don't properly appreciate Ocarina of Time. You wouldn't know good game design if it fucked you in the ass.