When did gaming become premium entertainment?

When did gaming become premium entertainment?

Attached: 23.png (386x582, 206.14K)

you dont need a 3080 for pc gaming

you dont need pc gaming for a 3080

This. I'm building my first new PC in a long time and I got a Radeon RX 6600, which was honestly pretty cheap.

when a jew tells you to jump you ask him how high

nvidia is always extremely expensive
go with amd instead

That shit is cheap when it comes to hobbies. You are a middle class working adult, right?

I gave in, $1200 for a 3080ti. Not a cheap hobby anymore. Don't expect prices to go down anytime soon.

Always was, it was even more expensive back in the 80s

ya especially now that """pc games""" are mainly just unoptimized multiplats and console ports. and don't forget the archaic emulated...console games

Attached: 1651534614520.jpg (700x600, 118.88K)

lol

Attached: watch_v=trIiUXdEyo0-00.34.14.769-#1.jpg (3840x2160, 432.37K)

>Computer parts and even console parts being swept up with the crypto craze
>More people at home or even working from home due to covid, meaning more time spent with hobbies that doesn't require going outside
>General hike in prices for all "luxury" goods across the board
>Advancements in graphics/technology allowing companies to scale prices up, justified or otherwise
>Higher standards within the mainstream for graphics/performance, which means higher demand for newer tech

Like others have said, you really don't need the newest and greatest shit out there. Plenty of games can be played on basic systems, at least the good games out there. A lot of this is just marketing trying to tell you that something is unplayable unless its got full ray-traced bullshit, running at full 4k with maxed frame rate. Which yeah, shit looks nice a runs nice when you've got the best stuff, but its really not a requirement to enjoy the hobby.

As a whole though, cultural changes have given manufacturers justification for hiking prices. And people pay those prices because of the marketing I mentioned above. So now everyone is just stuck in this crazy expensive world.

God, I was able to build a PC back in 2019 before the cumflation and scalpers fucked everything up and it only cost me around $500. An 8gb RX580 for roughly $100. Hopefully this card lasts, it's probably gonna be the last PC I'll be able to build for quite some time because I'm poor and stupid.
Everything is too fucking expensive and I'm tired of richfags invading all of my hobbies and gatekeeping them.

the xx80 xx90 cards were always over priced.

op can't remember the gtx 690.

Don’t forget that inflation isn’t doing anybody any favors. You think anybody in the Great Depression had enough money to do anything?

if you want cheaper gaming, get a console. If you want ultra cheap gaming, get an old computer or laptop for like $100 and play old games

those guys had sex

Hopefully the new gpus will not be expensive to buy.

Attached: 1653648281665.jpg (1783x916, 260.06K)

the 80's?

Well unfortunately, we can’t have sex. So we will have to make due with 970’s

It gets a lot cheaper if you don't play current games. And they're mostly garbage

PC gaming was always for rich. Thats why only rich europeans played on pc or poor europeans played on pc while pirating everything while everyone else played on consoles.

They'll be expensive to use, that's for sure. We're reaching the limits of how thin we can make chips, so the only (read: easiest) way to increase performance is to increase power consumption. Hope you have a 1000W PSU and a strong A/C unit ready onhand.

I do not have a 1000w psu.

Attached: 1653648344099.jpg (1781x878, 188.03K)

the rumors say that their msrp will be higher then the real msrp of the 30XX cards.

Building Mt first PC thank God I waited. I originally planned to do it a few months ago but since then gpu prices have fallen so low. I'm excited bros

What can a 3090 run that a 1060 can't?

There have literally always been high-end/flagship GPU options and they're actually cheaper than they were 10+ years ago.

Attached: 2357328957.jpg (800x550, 94.79K)

>real msrp

Attached: 1539676281459.jpg (613x640, 109.09K)

It sucks for everybody, but I guess it can't be helped. If this PC ever dies, I still have a couple spare 750s laying around, but I sure will miss modded Skyrim boobs. At least FEAR, Doom wads, and bad(good) licensed fighting games from the 6th gen will always be there to comfort me.

Never has been. Never will be.

>PS5 can't even run a 2013 MMO at 60FPS

Attached: 1501707054615.png (368x365, 127.3K)

I honestly feel like its only wannabe enthuthiasts who buy top of the line cards. You faggots dont even play enough vidya to justify it.

if u find a rtx 3080 for 800 send me the link.

We reaching some clown world where people will pay $1000 for these gpus.

a 3060ti is more than enough for gaming but even back when that 300$ gaming PC video was made it was unviable, way too fucking low end with next to no upgrade path, literally building landfill shit, back then you needed at least 500$ for a decent build

I used to be like that. I HAD to have either the best, or on rare occasions if the price was too much even for my autistic self, second best of all PC components. Then I realized I was wasting so much fucking money on shit I don't need. I'm currently running a rig from late 2013 with only a GPU upgrade (1060 3g) and it does everything I want it to do. I'll probably never buy current gen PC shit again.

I want all poor and working people to die unironically, they only do menial jobs like truck driving which will imminently be replaced with automation, and you kill almost all niggers in the process, crime goes down, average IQ is 20 points higher, and we don't have to worry about overpopulation and the need for so much farmland in the Amazon.

i bought two 680 for sli.