Is he right?

Is he right?

Attached: Spec.png (605x321, 42.41K)

he implemented stereo recording for quest2 a year ago, it's still not available

Yes, the whole reason why Sony and the like can sell you low-midrange hardware with a gimmick or two and make it last for 8 years is because console ports can be optimized a lot better.
Mobile "gaming" is a joke.

What the fuck is a perf

I am not really a psychologist yet but this sounds like cope.

How much of a zoomer do you have to be to not know John Carmack?

>People ITT: With PCs running on a mere 500 perf
My pc rig got 2000 perf so I'm good.

I mean it's Carmack
I guess so

Attached: 1653691643629.jpg (242x321, 35.61K)

performance.

He is correct. For example, a steady 30fps looks buttery smooth on consoles, but for some strange reason, 30fps stutters like crazy on PC.

Attached: 1636192032902.gif (700x480, 585.25K)

>twitter
Didn’t read

pfft
>not running a trimmed down 1337 perf for the multiplier

Yes*
But only on Series X case.
Switch is also super cheap so yeah?
PS5 games costs $70, and the online is pricey too.
Carmack doesn't address backwards compatibility or general features of the machines.
You seriously cannot compare PCs and Consoles due to former being so customizable and having fuckton of content.

obviously not

This is some premium cope

Attached: JC.png (568x337, 36.86K)

maybe 8 years ago, sure.

Look at his guy, he's probably stuck at 200 perf

ok

Ah yes, the 30fps at 720p experience

It used to be the case in the ps3/360 era, but nowadays you get about the same experience at the similar specs.
Mobile is mostly constrained by heat.

>Bespoke part with no overhead achieves it's task more efficiently than the swiss army knife
no shit

Tell him we have fucking trashbag right now. 2 era of consoles with 2 high/low-end spec in it. And also 2 settings for most of consoles also, with cinema and game mode. Yeah that's easy to optimize.

Probably right in terms of CPU overhead, yeah, at least back in 2014 when that post was made. Nowadays with Vulkan and DX12 the gap should be narrower. In terms of GPU performance that doesn't really seem to be the case, I mean consoles don't really punch beyond their own weight in that regard. If the game manages to load the GPU 100% and doesn't bottleneck anywhere else due to the extra software overhead on PC, you will probably get similar performance out of a similar GPU.

If it stutters you've got bad frame pacing. You need to lock the FPS to 30. If it still stutters excessively (30FPS stutters anyway because it's too low and fucking awful, but you know what I mean) then your computer probably isn't fast enough to run the game. Using a mouse also makes it easier to notice stutter, because a mouse is very fast, immediately responsive, precise and mimics your physical movement directly. You will immediately notice any disconnect. Analog sticks are slow and imprecise, it's harder to notice when a game reacts sluggishly to your input because the input method in and of itself is sluggish and imprecise.

generally, games developed for a certain platform will outperform the same game on another platform, yes
optimization is a large chunk of development, and the simple fact is that the pc hardware landscape is too vast and changes too often for games to be as well-optimized as they are on consoles, which are generally static for 6-7 years (assuming they are developed with consoles in mind)

Just says they are shit coders. New drivers for pc come out regularly. Yet they cant fix devs who cant code for shit.
It been seen countless times by modders that some simple fixes can boost pc gane performance by a decent amount.
Its always devs making excuses.

But what about the Playstation 3 and the Cell processor's unlimited power?

Attached: 1452946048240.png (632x227, 23.48K)

Yes and no. Much of the issue with PC is the complexity of dealing with such a huge selection of hardware setups. Its not a lazy developer situation but the simple fact that you are designing something to run on more than one platform. Its like making a carseat that can be installed in every car plane boat and bike made in the last 10 years.

Isn't 30 frames per second, 30 fucking frames per second? Then in the next second, you get 30 frames and so on? The concept of frame pacing is so gay.

It's all about optimisation.

Hahahaha oh my god of course not. Must have been huffing some mad paint in his old age to spout garbage like that.

t. doesn't into programming
If you know the exact hardware that your code will run on, it's much easier to find optimizations. Like said, a PC game is going to be run on thousands to millions of different hardware combinations. With a single spec, you can know exactly how long it takes to, for example, update the physics engine. Different PC's will complete that step in different amounts of time. Same goes for basically every step of the process, there's different bottlenecks in every PC, so the engine will run differently on each.

For the same game design, a PC (original) game will deliver twice the quality of a console game, and a console game will deliver twice the quality of a mobile game.

Pedo exclusionary radical feminist

Assuming the console is optimized I guess so but that's a hell of an assumption

I'm willing to believe that man about anything he says.

At the time? Sure.
Not anymore tho.

What's changed?