Want to learn 3d modelling

>want to learn 3d modelling
>it takes 200 hours to make something decent
>it's 200 hours i have to give up of playing elden ring
why can't knowledge just be downloaded into my brain

Attached: 1493151670946.jpg (1200x743, 400.66K)

It really doesnt take that long

When are you going to learn japanese?

Attached: Nobita japan opposite.png (1304x933, 884.28K)

Just do 10 hours over 20 days. That's like a month of weekends

If you like anime you sound definitely nice to Japan.

>my 200 hour essay is due next year

You can learn the basics within 2 weeks.
Meaning afterwards you no longer need to look up keys and location of default functions.

Afterwards, rest is up to you. Depending on your style and project specs, you could make entire character models and simple props within 2-4 hours, although I'd dedicate at least 2-3x more time for proper texturing.

>it's 200 hours i have to give up of playing elden ring
I still don't get why anyone would WANT to waste their time with that shit.

Attached: head modelin 2014.jpg (1913x1124, 400.29K)

takes 200 hours your first time, when you git gud you can bang shit out in like an hour. especially if you know how to use all the different software that are for specific things. Zbrush, substance designer, game engines for basic real time rendering, etc. theres one i havent used for clothing, you can basically create clothes with full cloth simulation and bake that out to a model in minutes.

He doesn't care.
He wants to skip to the end instead of actually putting the time in to learn a skill.
If he's especially retarded, he'll waste hundreds on garbage targeted at people like that just to give up a year later anyway.

3D is too scary. It seems like I can't undo mistakes later on. Regular 2d drawings, I can just erase or draw over. In 3D once I apply a modifier it's too late. Or if I realize something wrong with my base model after UV mapping and texturing, I have to redo all the UV stuff. I don't get how people deal with this.

What program should I start with for 3D models?

OP once you actually ascend the learning curve all it does is get easier and easier. Also you can use 3D modeling to help you get a career, Elden Ring won't.

In 3DSMax you can keep a stack of modifiers and just go back to the first one to change stuff if you like

Blender if you want a free opensource program
3DSMax if you want a well made powerhouse program that you will need to pirate because it costs an arm and a leg otherwise

>Also you can use 3D modeling to help you get a career, Elden Ring won't.
damn realization is hitting me like a train

Attached: 1567291711551.jpg (695x641, 53.37K)

That tea pot takes 30min, 40 at best.

i mean, you could become a streamer/youtuber but you need charisma/tits for that so...

That teapot is a standard primitive that you can spawn with one click

Attached: 1648390372308.png (387x355, 263.04K)

Blender. I liked it after the 2.8 overhaul. It's basically the only free one out there, and even professional modelers say it's on par with the costly ones. They all seem to have some pros/cons. People who use 3DSMax or Maya are probably college/industry kids forced to buy it and now stick with what they've learned. No doubt they were the best choice 10 years ago, but seemingly Blender has caught up.

all my games of tf2 yesterday had bots...

THIS NIGGA POLY-MODELLING A HUMAN

Attached: 1653653332696.png (728x702, 422.22K)

200* hours

*assuming you aren't a brainlet, of course

you know what fuck you, im gonna learn to use blender for 200 hours just to spite you

The entire point of modifiers is to not apply them you fuckwit
And when you have to apply (to export or something like that) just make a duplicate instead and keep the originals

I learned how to 3D model in Maya in like 6 hours over the course of 2 weeks. It’s not difficult

The odds of that happening might as well be lottery tier.

Good on ya user.