If you picked the Rod, you did NOT beat the game

If you picked the Rod, you did NOT beat the game.

Attached: 9017D082-E40F-4665-9F2F-52B1F3D23DB3.gif (500x391, 494.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200737-kingdom-hearts-hd-i5-plus-ii5-remix/76366446
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

explain to me the differences

Sword is normal mode, shield is easy mode and staff is literally cheating.

yeah, but what are the differences in practice?

you get second chance at level 90 with rod tho

It changes the timing at when you learn abilities
Sword is physical combat skills first
Shield is defensive and support skills first
Staff is magic skills first

op wants the rod all to himself lol

>Sword
Unlock combo modifiers and Strength boosts at earlier levels. Start the game with a higher than average Strength stat.
>Staff
Unlock Magic abilities earlier and also start the game with more MP.
>Shield
Unlock critical hit boosts, AP boosts, support abilities and item drop related abilities earlier. Also start the game with more Item and Equipment slots.

Sword means you start getting combo skills sooner but magic skills later. In KH1 it gives you an extra item slot but costs you an MP slot.
Shield means you start getting more defensive skills sooner but combat skills later. In KH1 you also get two extra item slots.
Staff means you start getting more offensive magic skills sooner but combat skills later. In KH1 you get an extra MP bar and it's the only way in the entire game you can get it.

+Staff -Sword is the hardest run because your damage is the lowest and it balances all your stats while also barely giving you any good skills at all. I think Leaf Bracer was the only good one you got and you only got Guard at like 16 or 30, I forgot which. It does horrible damage until the end of pre-HB (When the other two would already be doing good damage for hours) and then when you do the enemy level up with HB it takes a couple hours after post-HB to start showing it as the best choice.

>shield is easy mode
Even the game will call you a coward for using it.

Attached: 1651682137826.png (483x830, 486.36K)

Can’t you make up for the loss of damage through Accessories and Power Ups though?

What I tend to notice is that +Sword gives you an easy early game, but a tougher end game and post game, +Staff is the reverse (hard early game, but an easier end and post-game), and +Shield is the most evenly balanced in terms of difficulty (although it makes synthesis a lot easier, which you can exploit to break the game easily).

Yes but no. You'd have to make a bunch of Cosmic Bangles (Tiaras?) if I remember right but even then +Staff would always be +1 ahead of you with the same thing and the extra item slots you get from +Sword and +Shield are wholly unnecessary as six is more than enough. +Staff will get access to one-shotting spells earlier (Because magic damage is based off of total MP bars) and without accessories leading to an easier way of farming at the end of pre-HB and post-HB.

I always liked KH1 combat the most desu. That feeling of going from zero to hero barely exists in the other games

what's the best combination?
+Staff - Shield?

Incorrect

If you're minmaxing it's +Staff -Sword because it balances your stats. +Staff -Shield means you have the lowest defense but slightly better attack so it's not really worth it in the long run unless you plan on grinding your ass of with Power Ups/Defense Ups.

that's wrong you retarded namefaggot

max MP can be attained outside of picking staff
the one thing you CANNOT get is the extra inventory slots if you do not pick shield.

A lot of it has to do with the combat having a lot of weight and feeling personal. There’s a big focus on strategy, timing and teamwork that’s just absent from the other KH games. KH1’s combat kind of feels like a real time version of CRPG combat with the focus on tactics, builds and teamwork. I really don’t like the games from 2 onwards tried to be Devil May Cry: Disney Edition, since I think it robbed the games of those tactical elements. To the credit of BBS, it tried to course correct this by making the RPG elements matter more, but fucked it up thanks to horrible balancing.

+Staff -Sword
You don't need most of the combat abilities, plus if you're actually trying to get 100% you'll need to use the synth shop. Ditching the shield means you have to wait until lvl 90 for the ability you need to increase the chance of rare item discovery.

>max MP can be attained outside of picking staff
How?

>max MP can be attained outside of picking staff
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200737-kingdom-hearts-hd-i5-plus-ii5-remix/76366446
No. The max MP is 19 if you chose Staff, 17 if you didn't, and every MP after the damage cap of 14 increases time for Stop and Aero by 1 second.

>tfw over the years Ive done every combination of starting choices

I am immune to your shitposting

There's a reason the later games made a dedicated Magic stat that can be boosted in the same manner as Strength and Defense retard-kun.

the damage caps at 14.
the only bonus is +5 more seconds in Aero vs 1 more inventory slot for an item.

staff is better to pick than shield, but not taking staff is honestly not big of a deal end game.

>the only bonus is +5 more seconds in Aero
and 5 more MP bars to cast 5 more attack spells or two and a half Curagas/Aerogas. +Staff literally gives you an extra cast of either. The average person is not spamming anything but Potions in their item bar because Ethers and Elixirs/Megalixirs means tons of grinding so the extra slot is pointless.