This is a fucking insult...

This is a fucking insult. That people even compared or mentioned this game in the same sentence as immersive sims is blasphemy. This feels like a mediocre console shooter
Are the sequels any better or is the whole series just garbage?

Attached: BioShock_cover.jpg (285x353, 43.18K)

If you didn't have fun with the first one, you'll hate the next 2.

I'm also not sure why people call it an immersive sim either, maybe just for shitposting purposes. I bought Bioshock on release and loved it at the time, haven't played it in well over a decade. But it's not even remotely on the level of complexity of something like a Deus Ex game.

A lot of those immersive sims have crappy combat.
The gunplay in deus ex is bad. Having to stand still for your bullets to hit the target is not fun.
Bioshock is not sacrificing shooter elements for the sake of RPG. It is FPS+. Where they add stuff from RPGs

Attached: Deus Ex ad.jpg (1571x1080, 594.43K)

>FPS+
Probably the best description for it. Not as simplistic as an on-rails CoD campaign, less complex than an open-ended, Deus Ex-inspired game.

The gunplay and combat in BioShock sucks retard

>That people even compared or mentioned this game in the same sentence as immersive sims is blasphemy.
I've only ever heard it compared in the form of
>casualized
>consolized
>watered down
SS2; which it expliticly is

>immersive sims
shitposting doesn't mean you aren't a faggot

No, it's fine compared to deus ex
I don't have to press [ to aim down sights, and ] to unscope, and stand still and crouch to hit my target

Attached: Prod with the prod.png (408x477, 160.71K)

system shock>system shock 2>bioshock 2 >bioshock >bioshock in the air lmao it sucked

>"Would you kindly?"
Alright lets settle this niggers, was this legitimately a good twist?

>was this legitimately a good twist?
Yes but the Atlas/Fontaine one was not

You can customize Deus Ex's controls you fucking retard

Him being that watchmen dude at the end was the shit part. I was fine with everything else.

It’s like saying a sandcastle is a watered down castle. Bioshock is closer to Serious Sam than System Shock 2.

It's not an immersive sim. Never was. FPS with some added depth. Not an immersive sim. I still enjoy the gameplay though. Scrounging and exploring shit is satisfying, even if there are hardly any areas that are "optional" just small rooms or whatever. Bioshock 2 is leagues better in the gameplay department

>choosing whether to harvest/save little sisters
>IMMERSIVE SIM

Attached: 1649412653887.gif (600x338, 1.94M)

immersive sim is a meaningless term invented to recategorize and needlessly defend rpgs with good writing and shit everything else. Sega's open world brawlers are mostly about dicking around and getting yourself immersed in a simulation of a martial artist's life but nobody would call them immersive sims.

Immersive sim? It's a linear first person story driven action shooter. It's essentially a tell-tale on rails fps.

Was not expecting it, Atlas even had a convincing Irish American accent.
I hated his real Fontaine voice.

2 is the only good one