SERIOUS SAM 4

How is it? How is Syberian Mayhem?

Attached: ss_6b940fd678128f1049b34e2af1e6585eba77ba90.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 926.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RDdsrRtkdCM
youtube.com/watch?v=QgLbrU1fpEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How is it?
Rushed, buggy, poorly optimized clusterfuck, that's about to come off from its seams.
"Fun with friends", which is how I personally got to experience it, fortunately. Still a massive downgrade from the SS3.

I've heard that Siberia was outsourced and is actually way better done, but I've not played it yet.

>How is Syberian Mayhem?
Better

>SS4
eh
>Siberian Mayhem
fun, because it's not by Croteam

pure garbage, like the whole franchise

>like the whole franchise
You opinion means nothing and is disregarded

Attached: serioussam.jpg (600x892, 50.16K)

why so defensive? did i hurt your feelings shill?
go back to your trash franchise, lmao

Runs like shit even on the best hardware. They also insist on doing absolutely nothing about it. Croteam is dead at this point, don't support them.

More like Serious Scam 4.

How about Siberian then?

>How is it? How is Syberian Mayhem?
Both are pretty good. SS4 has a lot of serious issues with pacing, and it has rather obviously wasted a lot of time experimenting with systems that did not really work out - the side-quests, the open landscape segments, the mech combat sequences, the Legion tech. None of that really works particularly well, but in the end, it does not matter that much, the vast majority of the game is just "basic shooting.

Weapons, enemy and encounter design, level design etc... is overal easily the best the franchise has been up till now. It's a MASSIVE step up from SS3, and overal significantly better than even the old classics.
It also has weirdly good writing, which makes sense considering the people who wrote Talos Principle wrote this too.
It has some technical issues too, but nothing major.

Syberian Mayhem is kinda like the distillation of SS4. Same gunplay, enemy design, encounter design, but it's far shoter and more concentrated. It's genuinely very good - the only things that SS4 does better are lenght, weapon variety, and the story.
SM is basically our old-school style of expansion, and it works out very well.

>slaughtermap the game
it's shit.

Attached: 41065536_p2_master1200.jpg (750x517, 228.43K)

I never understood the appeal of these games

You're placed in large arenas with hundreds of enemies coming at you. What's not to get? It's fun strafing around and blowing them all to hell.

designated contrarian garbage
fucktards who play and like these janky ass games think it makes them look cool to do so

>designated contrarian garbage
Lol how is it contrarian? And a better question is why you hate them so much to the point where you're wasting your time in a thread about a series you don't enjoy.

arrest yourself shill fuck.

Attached: e55.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

you just shoot the fuck out of everything, that's the appeal

You're placed in extreme situations and must through intelligent prioritization + skill + use of the right weapons survive.
It's a unique FPS, there's no game that has the same style as Serious Sam, so there's a fan base to this day and so after more than 20 years the core of the game is still exactly the same.
The game is quite difficult on the higher difficulties too which filters out casual shitters like this guy:

He got you good huh? Thanks for bumping this thread.

you need to be at least 18 years old to post here

>anything I don't like is shill posting
Neck yourself but thanks for keeping the thread alive

youtu.be/RDdsrRtkdCM

Attached: 391.jpg (1073x1470, 475K)

I'd be lying if I said I never enjoyed any of the Serious Sam games. But they do feel like a collection of random assets. Every single game in this franchise does.

Painkiller does what Serious Sam did and did it 100x better.

I miss Serious Saturdays with Any Forums

Attached: 1649560026690.jpg (1280x960, 314.69K)

I see it as a derivative of bullet hell games. Not that complex of a game, but it's quite a spectacle to experience especially in first person.

samefag

Painkiller is great but is suffers from a lower than needed amount of enemy variety. Every single level being a different location is awesome and I wish more games did that.

youtube.com/watch?v=QgLbrU1fpEI

Attached: serioussam2.jpg (282x322, 11.49K)

4 is undercooked and unfinished - they basically released a pre-alpha of the game and never bothered to truly finish it.
Sounds are missing, posters show old models of things that don't match the ones used in the final release at all, the lighting is broken, certain animations aren't implemented, melee attacks are basically placeholders, you can easily get out of level boundaries and/or skip entire level sections without any elaborate platforming or rocketjump-shenanigans and there's generally a huge lack of polish.

yeah those were fun. i remember doing them on my shitty laptop in my moms basement a decade ago

SS is inspired by a bullet hell game on the SNES. I forget the name. But yes that's pretty much what it is. It's a fun mindless game.

kino final boss

Attached: 520220-72476_ughzan.jpg (450x300, 12.3K)

I preordered Serious Sam 4 and I refunded it.
I pirated Siberian Mayhem and I bought it.

That's damning considering I thought SS3 sucked ass

Smash TV

serious sam 2 is a legitimately good game and I'm tired of pretending it's not

Afaik all the Painkiller sequels sucked ass too. Only the first one and the Battle out of Hell expansion were kino.

Facts. I love the cartoon style of it.