Children who play more video games show greater gains in intelligence over time, study finds

>Children who play more video games show greater gains in intelligence over time, study finds
notice how this doesn't apply to adults. stop playing video games.

psypost.org/2022/05/children-who-play-more-video-games-show-greater-gains-in-intelligence-over-time-study-finds-63211

Attached: 1640804811765.png (1119x1201, 749.79K)

Adults are dumb as shit. Like I'm wiser now but my creativity and ability to learn new things are slowly circling the drain

That's why I'm a genius.

Yes. The entirety of life centers around making sure 17 year olds arent going to die. Hope you enjoy it.

>..but more deaths due to blood clots

Comparatively, TV and social media does nothing.

Even on Any Forums you can tell that those of us who spend their day playing vidya are smarter than the regular posters.

Attached: 1652649695052.jpg (848x987, 236.55K)

playing multiplayer games does a lot. youre learning to communicate with people, work together with complete strangers, youre probably typing a fair bit and getting way faster at it (which for some reason npcs completely neglect but typing speed can do so much for your life and job), not to mention the reflexes and intelligence that come from doing new things
just playing gta and cod isnt gonna do much but exploring different worlds is quite beneficial

WHAT???

Most of you retards hardly know what you're talking about most of the time

I KNEW IT

TELEVISION IS TRASH AND SO ARE MOVIES

Intelligence is overrated, social skills shit on intelligence in the real world
t. 159 IQ (tested)

My IQ is one morbillion and keeps increasing with every game i play, you cant stop me

Attached: 1632656504334.jpg (952x960, 144.89K)

>me after spending an entire week playing Osu

Attached: 435yu6465786.png (535x487, 546.15K)

>Thinks IQ = Intelligence
>Actually tested himself
>So proud of the results that he goes around boasting about it

If there's such a thing as quantifiable intelligence, it clearly lies outside your reach.

Video games did unironically save my life once thanks to the skills it taught me.

It's obvious it doesn't do much for adults. Because 99% of videogames are designed for kids and teens.
The mechanics, gameplay, story, difficulty of the majority of games is borderline childish, so it doesn't do much for an adults brain, it doesn't challenge it.
And even worse is that these retarded adults hate when a game is just a bit harder than avearage. Just look at Elden Ring, the game isn't even hard yet a lot of people were seething that they couldn't kill some random boss they found at the starting zone.

Attached: 1653231749729.jpg (1200x862, 115.6K)

I guess playing too much video game and you develop brain damage like OP

Shit study.The PGS they claim controls for 100% of the genetics actually controls for

playing video games didn't make me smarter
it did make me become autistic though

Doing something > Doing nothing
Even a paraplegic baby can watch TV

Adults grow the same way children do in brain related things.

Also, most adults are glorified children and always have been so it's a silly distinction to make anyway.

shut the fuck up you cringe retard

Your inabililty to explain what this study is about leads me to beleive you didn't read it.

I was the only gamer in a small town full of people who only cared about football. Like I'm not even kidding, practically everyone in the whole town formed their entire lives and personalities around football, and nothing else.
Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of people from that town are now either trailer-trash redneck meth heads or in prison.

Same, burglars entered my house and was about to kill my family but then i 360 no-scoped those n00bs and teabagged them afterwards, posted it on Facebook for epic upvotes.

What about the vax

Will making that post save you when the times comes? I don't think so.

I don't blame games to get smarter.
Also, intelligence is a mistake.
All intelligent people I've met are the biggest fucking retards since they constantly think think think about shit that that they can't affect.
The only time you should be "intelligent" or at least informed is at work and every four years when it's time to vote. Outside of that put the brain into offline mode.

What ABOUT the vax?

An idiot's perspective. Not valuable, a waste of time.

Same goes for sex!

Manchild take. Just because you never grew up doesn't mean people around you didn't.