Thoughts?

Thoughts?

If you don't get it, it's basically talking about how if all he can say is his name, and his name is those assortment of words that he'll ever say in his life, how do we know humans aren't the same?
seeing as humans are Pokemon created by Arceus too, meowth could be a human/meowth hybrid and all humans share the same fate of their saying out a string of words for their name until they die.

Attached: download (9).jpg (540x5327, 704.93K)

>words words words
did not read

oh my god that's so epicly interesting

Oh look a republican.

Lel
Pretty good one

>how do we know humans aren't the same?
because that's retarded?

Humans are Pokemon according to the game and lore.

if the universe is deterministic why do we still lock up criminals if they had no other choice than to commit their crime

The way the comic presents is that there is no free choice, it's all bodies and minds just reacting to shit constantly and predetermining shit in advance, language is the same thing too, there is no such thing as language just shit our bodies perceived and we spew it out and other see that spewed out stuff and make sense of it. It's all fucking planned, everything.
There is no free choice even thinking you have it may just be the mind trying to cope or whatever, it's just never up to you in the end.
As for criminals, they acted in their bodies nature and our bodies want justice so lock them up and think we're making change when actually it was all predefined what will happen, there will always be evil and good because our minds make that shit up to explain why people do certain things even though it's not up to us at all.
There's not an infinite amount of choices, only one, we just have the illusion of many.

Our lives are deterministic in that we don't have free will. All our decisions are predetermined by genes, external pressure and stimuli. If we were to turn back time and observe our selves, would pick the same course of action in every instance. But that's ok because we don't know what's gonna happen in the future.

that means I could at least in theory build a machine that predicts the entire future of the universe. then, after I read the output of the machine, I do the opposite of what it says I will do. what prevents me from doing this?

>doesn't predict you doing that
NOT SO STATE OF THE ART, IS IT

>ay yo semantics are deep because determinism bro
Nah.

Attached: 35._Portrait_of_Wittgenstein.jpg (405x563, 26.62K)

it did, but then I did the opposite :)

No you don't have free will, is what it's saying. If you think you're going against what was predetermined, that was part of what was predetermined. You think you're going against it but that could be what was meant to happen all along.
Maybe you did read the future or whatever and acted against it, however that was meant to happen all along.

then why didnt the machine predict it if it was "meant to happen" HMMMM? are you saying my machine is shit? its not. lets say instead of predicting the future it just prints what is "meant to happen" then if that satisfies you.

All this dialogue shows is that the DEFINITION of "free will" is "not knowing the future with 100% precision right now." No other definition is meaningful.

interesting. by that definition free will and determinism are not mutually exclusive?

Yes, everything is predetermined, you building the machine, the machine telling you the future, you going against it, it was all predetermined.

Think of a self fulfilling prophecy if it makes sense. You can't control shit in the end despite trying to go against what you know will happen. The machine says the wrong thing in a way I guess, so you end up doing the right thing.
Either that or it's a paradox that doesn't make sense. Since we're talking in hypotheticals.
It's like saying if God can create another god so strong they can't beat.

Based Wittgenstein, solver of Philosophy.

I don't care to think about it very hard as pokemon would have been named after their cries rather than their cries being after their name
Moreover their cries being their own name was an anime only invention for everyone but pikachu from XY through BDSP (as it was removed in PLA)

Attached: 1487197178137.jpg (771x681, 134.69K)

If that was true then you could learn about the future by reading his name in the pokedex and thereby cause it to no longer be accurate