Just as GPU prices are cratering

Just as GPU prices are cratering

Attached: 2hMcu2QXhAwlQKAUEKlS3zcBAldApC6RAQECpYBIlfq+CRC4AiJ1iQwIECgFRKrU902AwBUQqUtkQIBAKSBSpb5vAgSugEhdIgMCBEqBASEYd2K2+C4FAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png (297x238, 84.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DC7mT7QqOAA
youtube.com/watch?v=O_ddND-QiTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would want one of these for playing retro games with CRT shaders.

youtube.com/watch?v=DC7mT7QqOAA

Attached: 1561309001069.jpg (480x360, 13.15K)

>shader
Just buy an actual crt you cheap ass nigger.

Theyre making 144hz look like shit
Meanwhile I'm on 60hz

>my monitor is on 170Hz
I don't feel so good brehs..

I have an actual CRT but shaders can do useful things.

What are these posers buying this kinda stuff even playing at 500 fucking frames per second? Counter Strike: Texture Collector and dota?

This is completely fucking pointless if it doesn't have BFI and VRR in tandem

Pay to win

there is barely any difference between 60hz and 144hz, getting to 500 is just jews wanting to sell you stuff.

Doesn't matter after 500 nobody will see anything and nothi will hit that in anything

>1080p
>TN Panel

Attached: satan.jpg (720x900, 43.54K)

refresh rate has nothing to do with crt shaders though
the panel and resolution is everything however 1440p is just fine

>there is barely any difference between 60hz and 144hz

this is the most retarded cope ive ever seen, on the level of consolefags coping about 30fps

Can your 3090 keep 144 with no dips in anything that isen't a meme yah that's what I thought.
You are arguing for 4 online FPS trash games.

I have a 144hz montior and the upgraded was nowhere near as big of a deal as they make it out to be online, it's just a bit smoother and that's it.

you're running it at 60hz

if you can't tell a massive difference between 60/144 just from moving the mouse around and watching the pointer then you may have some medical problem going on

I have one. It's shit when it comes to contrast and makes noise and there's no easy way to hook up a recent computer to a CRT.
An oled tv with BFI and shaders is absolutely better than any CRT.

I'm not

Attached: ghytu.png (1480x810, 152.8K)

CRT incels in shambles

>500 Hz monitor
>to play Valorant
Lol
Lmao

It's dishonest marketing bullshit

Attached: mark.png (960x1244, 674.41K)

All marketing is dishonest

lol, you're just an ignorant casual who doesn't know what to look for.
You probably still use 60hz, you didn't activate vrr as well.
You're probably not hitting 144 FPS on any games you've tested, and you're too retarded to know how to check if you are.
That and even if everything is working properly, it's easily possible that your monitor is so slow that it's blending most frames instead of properly showing at 144fps experience, and that happens quite often. You should still feel a huge improvement in input response.

When I first enabled 144 on monitor, I noticed quite a big improvement over 60 straight away. But now after a few years 144 just feels like 60 used to, but 60 feels like 30 to me now too

And yet pc mustards still fall for it more than any other group because of a never ending dick waving contest for quality

the virgin cope

>a meme
modern games are the memes lmao. who cares about far cry 6, biomutant and whatever other trash released these past 2 years

>gaming in anything but 1440/165hz
NGMI consolebabies

No?
CRTs and OLED tvs with strobing looks way better than 500hz with no strobing.
Although, there is a 390hz monitor with strobing on the market. It's really fucking good..
youtube.com/watch?v=O_ddND-QiTA
but for 60fps games it won't work. So CRT and OLED TVs still have their role.

>refresh rate has nothing to do with crt shaders though
But it does. With 500hz you can get much better motion clarity making the shader more effective and realistic.

unlike consolefriends, right?

Attached: ps5-box-pictures_uyyq.jpg (4032x3024, 404.9K)

Name the masterpiece that needs 500fps or would hit that with a 3090

2080ti
and yes, I can push 144hz @ 1440 @max on a lot of games

user refresh rate requires the game to run at a certain fps
it's not a magic button

That's wrong. It won't do shit
You most likely use CRT shaders for old games. A 500hz panel won't do shit.
What you need for retro games and 60FPS games is 60hz with black frame insertion, NOT a high refresh rate monitor at all.

>OLED
Nah, I liked leaving my monitors on for days without worrying about burn in.

Attached: hate conbini.jpg (1400x1142, 325.18K)

That's only if you have BFI. And oftentimes BFI (if the monitor even supports it) can't be used with VRR, and VRR is even more necessary for emulation, especially arcade emulation.

Are you so fat and lazy you refuse to turn one of them off when you don't use it?

Attached: 1649786076966.png (636x516, 179.71K)

BFI refresh rate has to match the game's FPS anyway, so yeah it doesn't matter.
>specially arcade emulation.
Those games with odd FPS like 58 or 57 are really annoying. Even stuff like the DS has an odd refresh rate so I can't use BFI on my LG OLED.

>w..why
Because I can.

Attached: 1557188067983.jpg (1200x1182, 142.29K)

>there is barely any difference between 60hz and 144hz
in first person games there is a huge difference but anything after 120/144hz is purely a marketing meme

>Changed in nvidia control panel
>Not the monitor's settings themselves
user I...

There are diminishing returns yes. Still not a meme.
And running 180hz or 240hz is more convenient in general. Because 144hz isn't divisible by 60, 60 or 30fps content that VRR doesn't notice like browser videos won't display correctly on a 144hz monitor, that's really annoying