What are the odds we'll see a return of Star Fox anytime soon?

What are the odds we'll see a return of Star Fox anytime soon?

Attached: ENsR2eGUYAIYn4A.jfif.jpg (720x900, 88.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yM-bRVEnWoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless they want a new crazy gimmick to force, i doubt it

Attached: Ef_3yD6XkAAJUXs.jpg (600x1040, 288.18K)

>it’s another ‘star Fox’ thread disguised as a furry convention

you star fox and metroid people have had your time in the sunshine. when is the true overlooked GOAT series returning?

Attached: 1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 255.75K)

Soon? No a chance.

Maybe we get something for the switch 2

I mean at this point there have been more bad games than good in relation to the series. I remember renting Star Fox for the snes and not even liking it because of the lack of detail. Star Fox 64 was fucking mind blowing though. Everything beyond that has been an insane disappointment. Adventures was a poor mans Zelda, Assault was just clunky, command had to have been made by literal fan fiction writers, zero had dog shit controls. I'd rather it just stay gone at this point. Also whoever keeps redesigning the characters needs to jump off a roof because their shit sucks.

This, launch title for the SwitchRU, the very slightly updated Switch console with 7% more processing power.

Star Fox is saved!

youtube.com/watch?v=yM-bRVEnWoI

Attached: 1634481765615.png (973x517, 406.48K)

Just give Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero to western studios. The west seems to be the only people who care about these franchises and their respective genres.

Japan's entertainment industry as a whole seems to have forgotten how to do sci-fi.

Attached: Starlink Battle for Atlas Star Fox.jpg (1280x720, 176.38K)

Realistically, I think we'll see one in the next year or so. A lot of time has passed since Star Fox Zero released in 2016, and Nintendo's still given the series attention here and there since.
I dunno if we'll see something released or even revealed this year, but I do think there's a decent chance of it.
Bigger question is what dev studio will handle it, and will it make it on Switch or what comes next.
Star Fox isn't dead.

Attached: Carlos Dattoli Star Fox Battlefield.jpg (1754x2480, 1.13M)

Make starfox into furry ace combat with bigger explosions and scifi bosses.

What's your dream Star Fox game bros? Pitch me your ideas.

Attached: Fox Think.png (860x669, 40.44K)

Honestly its gonna be shit unless its handled internally. All these 3rd party attempts have been garbage.

I've always wanted a game that plays like star fox 64, except with coop. Like you can both be on rails, but the other guy would just be playing as a different character with a slightly different route with the occasional intertwining. Imagine Sector Z except in coop or even the fight against Star Wolf. Boss fights could be bigger and badder requiring you to split your forces while you both target various weak points.

>All these 3rd party attempts have been garbage.
If you genuinely think any of the third party games are worse than Zero (with the exception of maybe Command), then you are one of the biggest reasons I'm glad the series is dead. Nintendo is not capable of handling Star Fox well because almost nobody outside of Shiggy wants to make a new game. Meanwhile, you have Platinum almost begging for another chance and Team Ninja who wanted to do their own spinoff before getting stuck with Fire Emblem Warriors.

Star Fox needs to be in the hands of people who like it and want to see it grow. It's not meant for nostalgiafags who just want 64 AGAIN and people named Miyamoto.

SNES and 64 were the only good games. Command was awful, assault was slower and just overall worse than 64, zero was also bad and was also handled by platinum games on top of internal staff. Command is easily the worst of the bunch with assault not being far behind. You say it should be a series that should be innovating instead of rehashing, well you know what? Its been doing just that ever since and has done poorly every time. Get fucked

bnuuy

Attached: 65488272_p0.jpg (768x1024, 161.53K)

Why does that stupid rabbit look like a racist?

He's not. Fay is though.

Attached: FayWink.jpg (448x589, 75.38K)

What he said

Will she or Miyu ever come back to the series ever again?

>Honestly its gonna be shit unless its handled internally. All these 3rd party attempts have been garbage.

For the record, Command AND Zero practically ARE in-house developed Star Fox games. Yes they had other companies like Q Games and Platinum involved but the overall direction and production for both games were from Nintendo themselves (as opposed to Adventures and Assault, which were made entirely by third parties with some oversight from NCL employees). Really not too different from how the SNES titles were co-developed with Argonaut Games with Nintendo leading the productions.

Star Fox Command's entire plotline was written and illustrated by the dude who created the SF characters/universe to begin with, it doesn't get more "internal" than that.