New To RE4...Guns Issue

Hey Any Forums, quick question. I just purchased a Wii after not having a console for decades, and have recently tried getting back into gaming. The first game I played and managed to beat, yet of course not complete entirely was Twilight Princess. Its a great game.

Though now I'm playing Resident Evil 4. I just got to the point where I got the Red 9. I was kinda stunned that it takes fucking 7 attaché spaces, but what are you gonna do. I have already sold my original pistol.

The question now is, do I go about selling my Punisher? I've gotten it up to Level 3 in damage, and I'm ALWAYS running short on cash...I'm amazed at these players on YT that manage to get 100K worth of cash up to this point and thats after upgrading their shotty and rifle, and the automatic as well.

Of course I've Googled and everything says that the Red 9 is the most powerful handgun in the game...I'm surprised that it was available this early. I haven't even bought the Rifle since they say that a better one becomes available soon enough along the way. I only have 6200K...If I sold my Punisher it sells for 35650K...What should I do guys??

Attached: reddo nain.jpg (404x125, 5.9K)

the red9 is based as fuck

use whichever gun you like most, the game is easy enough.

have fun with it OP. I still have some screencaps from my first playthrough with the HDpack. it's beautiful.

Attached: Resident Evil 4 Biohazard 4 2022.02.07 - 11.54.53.03.DVR.webm (532x300, 2.83M)

You should stop being a nigger retard and play the game with your own worthless brain for once.

At this point I also have the Amber Ring, and the Mask with one gem put in it; both of those could fetch me 20K...But considering how new I am to this, I....just don't know what I should spend my money on...The last RE I played was Code Veronica and that was pretty straightforward. Whereas this...this seems like you have to take a lot more into account when it comes to buying and selling certain goods.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Attached: merchant.jpg (320x569, 24.79K)

Just use the the killer 7, striker, and the knife. Hand guns are for pussies

Indeed...do you think that I should sell my leveled Punisher and put all my effort into leveling the Red 9?

Awee wow, that looks so fucking cool. I swear, those tentacle things that sprout from the zombies have fucked me up SEVERAL time, even with a direct hit from the shotgun.

Again....do you think that I should sell my leveled Punisher and put all my effort into leveling the Red 9?

Attached: maachanto.jpg (540x540, 35.27K)

You can literally do whatever you want. The last time I played re4 I went only knife and thrown items. You don't need any guns, just have fun with it

I wouldn't. Punisher is very good at going through shields which most other weapons can't.

Attached: Resident Evil 4 Biohazard 4 2022.02.12 - 09.21.27.04.DVR.webm (532x300, 2.93M)

you can use everything
i like the starting handgun the most because of it's special upgrade, the red9 comes second but as i said everything is usable
I did a no merchant run on Pro and it wasn't that hard.

Thank you for your response. I was quite hesitant to sell it, especially as I put as much fucking cash into it as I have...

Can you answer one more question for me...Is the Rifle something that becomes NECESSARY? As aforementioned, I haven't bought it because I haven't seen a neeed for it, and I hear you get an awesome one further on in the game anyhow...I'm sorry for my cringy questions, I'm just a terrible RE noob, that hasn't really played consoles since 2005.

I purchased this as of late to try and help with my depression and shit like that. So I'm just extremely new to it, and unsure of what to do at times...

Attached: Defeated-Noelle.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Nothing is necessary. As previously mentioned in the thread, you can do whatever the fuck you want in this game.

>>I purchased this as of late to try and help with my depression and shit like that.

everyhin will be alright fren

Attached: 1563506751677.jpg (750x897, 92.7K)

>I did a no merchant run on Pro and it wasn't that hard.

Holy shit are you fucking GOD. Can I have your autograph??

Seriously though, is the initial Rifle necessary? Also if you can, can you tell me how to GET MORE CASH? Some of these walkthroughs I've seen, people have an ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS hoard of cash, and it blows my mind. I know there was something you could do with the gold chicken eggs, but I'm far past that now... Money is just ridiculously scarce for me and I don't know why!

Attached: A-Super-Flashy-Tengen.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

You "need" it for one type of enemy. You can kill it with other guns but it's easier with the better rifle, specially for new players

Some treasures can be combined to become more valuable so don't sell a piece if it suggests it might combine with another item in its description.

Holy shit are you fucking GOD. Can I have your autograph??
I played the game 10+ times over the years, first on the ps2 and then the HD version so it makes sense i'd know what to do. Anyway there are treasures which give you cash, there are treasure maps you can buy from the merchant, and some treasures can be combined so they are worth more when you sell them. The initial rifle is not necessary at all. Just play the game man, no reason to fuss over it this much.

That's interesting to hear user. It kinda makes me feel better hearing you say that as well. But one last question...Leveling the Red 9 should be on the top of my "To do" list, right?

Awh cmon user. Not only did you post a pic from - possibly - my overall favorite anime, from which my waifu Kagami originates, your message really resonates with me. Thank you for that.

Attached: Kagamiiin-.jpg (1200x849, 436.51K)

>Leveling the Red 9 should be on the top of my "To do" list, right?
No, you already have a gun, better spend that money on a shotgun or rifle.

Right, right...Like with the Beerstein...I ended up selling it with only one jewel set in it, because my dumbass didn't end up shooting down the Red Catseye from the VERY BEGINNING.

I tried trekking all the way back, only to find the area where it was boarded up and impossible to go back and get. ;_;

The only treasures I have currently are the Amber Ring, and the Elegant Mask with one stone inserted.

Attached: Yulia-Bewildered.png (1920x1080, 2M)

i don't agree with what everyone says about the first rifle, it's true that you get a better one later but that's true of all guns and they resell high. rifle is nice to have in village, it's just efficient, there's spots where lots of freaks run at you in a line and you can headshot several at once

Damn...As I said, I haven't picked up the Rifle for 2 reasons...one, it takes up a RIDICULOUS amount of space...and two, I hear that you get a better one as you progress through the game.

I do agree with you on the Shotty issue...Fuck I wish I had unlimited amounts of shotgun shells! They seem to drop so rarely for me, and I'm constantly in need of them especially against those parasites that bust out of the zombies. Those fuckers have killed me numerous times!

Attached: Rationalizing-Yamato.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

Yeah see, this is what makes me rethink my choices that I've made so far.

I'm also pissed that I didn't have a save made before crossing that river after shooting down the blocks when like 6 zombies came jumping across to attack...The guy in the walkthrough simply utilized the knife to slice them as they jumped over and knocked them into the water, while MY DUMBASS wasted over 100+ TMP rounds attempting to take them all down...

BIG REGRET.

Attached: Mebuki-Shocked.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)