What do you guys think of Super Mario Odyssey?

What do you guys think of Super Mario Odyssey?

Attached: R.7cabf2950360ca0a7e5705e11e5623f7.jpg (2000x1000, 560.12K)

its pretty good
not ageing as well as the other 3D marios

haven't played, why do you think so? I heard the argument that it's a one-playthrough game

Too many filler moons but due to the moon count being so high, there’s enough quality moons to make it a great 3D Mario

I really wish it got a sequel

That one playthrough lasts a long time

It’s something you play if you’re bored and haven’t played it in years and have literally nothing else to play

I feel like that may be due to how overwhelming packed the game is with moons, you can tell it was designed for quick portable uses just as much if not more than console use. I still think it’s fun to replay from time to time or even just run around the kingdoms

>it's a one time playthrough
I agree from a completionist standpoint, but just doing the critical stuff is more than enjoyable for multiple playthroughs. I've got almost 200 hours in Odyssey though, so I might be biased.

In terms of replayability, I’d argue 3D world + bowser’s fury is better since 3D world has multiple playable character that each give you a slightly different experience when replaying levels and bowser’s fury’s short yet completely open nature makes replaying it a breeze trying to find which order is best for you. Frankly, bowser’s fury just makes me want a full on 3D Mario rogue like.

>I heard the argument that it's a one-playthrough game
That's true. It is a very good game however. it just suffers from too much filler content like a lot of modern games do. When you play it for the first time you appreciate the scope but doing the same copy and pasted filler moons again keeps me from wanting to play it again. Collectables are a mistake, I dislike replaying open world games for the same reason, it makes them a chore.

It's no masterpiece

Galaxy > Sunshine > 64 > Power gap > 3D World = Odyssey

Haven't played Galaxy 2 and 3D Land since back when they came out a decade ago so can't say much about them, Galaxy 2 in particular I recall very little about

This is exactly what I was gonna post. I had a good time playing through it when it came out but I haven't gone back since. Movement is really fun but I hate excessive collectibles. If I ever replay it, I'll just rush the main story

the game never really goes anywhere with its mechanics, it doesn't really have a lot of depth or difficulty. I know some people who have replayed it like 5 times and I really don't understand them (to be fair I don't really replay games much in general, even the ones I love, so maybe that means nothing)
I'm really not a fan of the movement, a lot of people love it for the hat jump but I think its a downgrade from most marios, it just doesn't feel as fun to me and I can't really quantify why. I think I don't like that you can turn around in midair, and you don't really have a strong sense of weight or speed
The levels are pretty good but aren't super memorable, and theres a lot of filler/repeat content. There are some blueball worlds that seem really cool but are just transitory boss worlds
It just feels good, theres nothing really wrong with it, I just think in retrospect (to me) it could've been way better. I think as someone who played 64DS as a kid, my expectations were way too high. Give it a try if you want, especially if you haven't played a 3D mario before

a shittier mario 64

it was ok

>lmao galaxy is the last great 3D Mario
Why the fuck do I keep hearing this shit these days? Is it zoomers?

I really love it.

I'm just curious, how many people here have 100%'d the game?

Very good and fun Mario game. Loved the graphics.

not me lol
I considered it once but it seemed too tedious looking at the list of moons

Nothing beats Unreal Engine stock props running at 720p with no AA

me, it was probably the first game i have ever 100%'d

It's by far my favorite Mario game and made me appreciate the series again after like 8 years of being done with it.

I'm not crazy about the way it looks but I'd give it a bit more credit than that.
the level art is a bit generic but some of it is nice, and theres no AA but it runs really smoothly.
An actual UE4 asset flip would run terribly on the switch

It's a great game, designed in a way that you can make your own fun. There's enough moons that you can skip ones you don't find fun and still get the complete ending which is great and helps keep the game non linear for replays. It clearly wasn't designed for a 100% check mark but the options there if you're a hard-core dorito gamer. Also ever 3d Mario needs to have a Ballon world equivalent

Galaxy was never good zoomer

>Galaxy is zoomer
Odyssey is the zoomer Mario. I'd say its a toss up between Galaxy and Sunshine for sure. I think Sunshine has higher highs but way lower lows.