Quantum Immortality

Quantum Immortality
Block Time
Big World Immortality
Why has nobody made a game about these?
I feel this could really redefine the horror genre.

Attached: 1653672248401.jpg (7416x4320, 626.07K)

To high iq topic for people to actually understand, unless you are albert einstein

My opinion but I just don't enjoy pseudoscience in media

People can barely even comprehend the concept of Quantum Immortality let alone play a game with it as a central machinic. People are unironically too dumb to get it.

I don't know what any of those are

Because it would devolve into bioshock infinite tier shit where the devs jerk themselves over muh heckin' 9000 IQ parallel worlds oh so crazy!

>Quantum Immortality
Wouldn't that translate to how dying in video games always worked?

My thought
For every time Mario saves the Princess, there's millions of times he died in a pit of fire or failed at trying to smash turts

Fear of death just makes everything devolve into religious drivel, doesn't it? As for your horror idea, it actually has potential.

Because nobody wants to discuss the really scary things, opting instead for the ANALOG HORROR BACKROOMS and bullshit like that

Yeah, but the brain always keeps dying and sort of eating itself, so we have a hard limit to existing. Each universe would really have to bend over backwards to keep a human alive forever.

I think OP would be the opposite of the fear of death. It's the idea that you are eternal and/or that time works in some "help me niggerman" insane way.

Call me a casual or whatever but I just read The Dogscape for the first time last night and it freaked me right the fuck out.

>Yeah, but the brain always keeps dying and sort of eating itself, so we have a hard limit to existing.
You could just transport to a world where you are born a day later, or biology works different, or you aren't even human, etc etc

What is "block time"

But user, every game is about Quantum Immortality. Why do you think the game lets you continue after you die?

Okay, I can buy the "1 day later" bit.

>my made up shit is2smart4u

>deleting your post so you can pretend you didn't already post about this to make a thread about it

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 18-47-33 (0) _v_ - The ignorant and deluded are I think in a strang - Video Games - 4chan.png (470x124, 7.59K)

Yeah I had the thought but realized it deserves more than a frog thread discussion group
Problem?

>brain keeps eating itself
Myelin layers are additive, what the fuck are you even talking about

Has anyone tried it?

Attached: john McAfee.png (1206x888, 805.2K)

>so we have a hard limit to existing
Not really
The contributing factors to each one of our deaths is decidedly random. Even shit like cancer which kills most people eventually could be avoided indefinitely with just the right roll of the dice

>Quantum Immortality
Every game that allows you to save/quick save already does this.

Because only your fellow pseuds on r/science would give a shit, faggot. How many fedoras and "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!" shirts do you own?

Attached: 1622509765079.png (594x582, 52.19K)

Bioshock Infinite had quantum immortality, they just cocked it up

Speaking of death horror, what really fucked me up for a few days was an old SCP story, where instead of dying, you are stuck inside your broken body forever, unable to lose consciousness as you feel yourself rot in pain

I'm terrified now of an eternity of torture as I never decay

>le parallel world are created because....
>they branch off le human decisions!
How fucking self-important do you have to be to even come up with something like this. Laws of the universe don't care whether you drink a mocca or a frappucino.

>Many-worlds interpretation

I did not become a loser ln some multiverses

Attached: 7a7.jpg (360x480, 19.72K)

Its the same fear as those who want to be cremated so they don't wake up in their graves, completely trapped

No they branch by random chance selection

Now ask yourself why for over 60 years they've barely been featured EVER in a Star Trek franchise, episode, movie, story etc. Its pretty shocking how little Black Holes matter to a really defined expression of science fiction for many decades of time.

Attached: despair.jpg (593x593, 125.25K)

How do I talk my way out of believing this

>quantum immortality
Pseud shit that is obviously wrong to anyone with an IQ higher than 115 and a good minute a think about it.

Look at how many people STILL misunderstand SOMA and the stupid "coin flip" analogy. They have no chance.

But this isn't how it works. An objective observer would have seen him shoot himself in the head and die. Only in McAfee's own subjective reality would he have miraculously survived.

Incidentally this is why I hate many-world interpretation. The implication is that we are all irrevocably alone.