You did not beat the game

you did not beat the game

Attached: file.png (550x465, 226.92K)

cope

oh ok

the super shotgun should have been a temporary power up and after 30 seconds you go back to the regular shotgun

why?

trivializes the entire game

the bfg became way more OP towards the end
DOOMII literall showers you with power cells in the later half

lol fuck off its a part of the game and the devs wanted it to be as strong as it was

romero has stated numerous times that they did not intend the player to abuse the SSG

you did not beat the game

Attached: depositphotos_10182313-stock-photo-hand-symbol.jpg (900x1023, 159.49K)

Romero is a fucking idiot. An idiot. He peaked after the first Doom btw. Carmack and the other guys were more responsible for id's greatness. Romero was a one hit wonder.

how so?

I mean ,if you honestly have to ask, I'm not sure you even played the original Doom.....

With how Doom II levels are do you really want this? Cacodemons and even worse the barons would be super difficult to kill. Revenants and Arch Vile would suck to fight to. The game was built with the SSG being the default weapon. If they didn't want this shouldn't have made some of these guys so spongey.

Your idea is kind of cool though honestly. Would have been interesting to see.

>use gun thats in game
>beat the game using that gun when it was smart to do so
>some donkey toothed slav tells me I didn't beat it
Shut up, faggot.

Attached: image0-50.gif (181x179, 204.47K)

Shotgun
>pellet hitscan, but accurate as hell
>much better for long range
>very small cooldown between shots
>doesnt eat through ammo
>Super Shotgun
>large pellet hitscan, not very accurate
>practically only usable at targets 6 - 12 feet in front of you because of the spread
>cooldown between every shot
>chews through ammo

There are reasons to use both. Faggots who say SSG trivializes the normal SG are retarded

It's almost like this Elden Ring meme is dumb and stupid.

It only trivializes badly made Doom 2 maps. Imagine taking out Caco clouds or Hell Knight groups without it. Shotgunning Cacos is one of the most painful things to do in Doom 1.

People who tote the super shotgun just expose themselves as never playing on any difficulty above hurt me plenty.
The regular shotgun becomes king on every difficulty above. Its better in every single scenario except for an archvile being 2 feet away and you need to get rid of him asap

Attached: 1606101013522.jpg (640x480, 26.49K)

how do you "abuse" the SSG

you sucked my cock

rocket launcher, ssg, and plasma weapons are all of equivalent power
rocket launcher is probably a more useful weapon than the ssg