Has there been any news on the PC patch or is it a forgotten promise?

Has there been any news on the PC patch or is it a forgotten promise?

Attached: 1645680394299.jpg (266x374, 30.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DSVolition/status/1192512602888425472
twitter.com/DSVolition/status/1386884228340764672
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its all ogre

Saints Row 2 is the reason why your game shouldn't have proprietary middleware and/or use a non-open-source licensed engine.

>mfw i realize the pc port was done by cd projekt

Attached: 1648707571085.png (400x273, 153.24K)

CD Projekt Black, not Red.

Wait, what?
What the hell did they do?

Lol

The game uses a lot of proprietary middleware, including Havok, which is very abrasive.
>If you're talking about Saints Row 2, we have no plans to release the source code. As we talked about on our stream, we made a decision to fix the game rather than release the source, which would have needed to have all the middleware stripped out first making it fairly useless.
twitter.com/DSVolition/status/1192512602888425472

Attached: 1603347241326.png (598x525, 44.02K)

The person who was doing the work on a unofficial patch died. Volition probably isn't going to do shit.

Oh Volition... I don't think they've had a good last-decade

They were always going to slow it down for the new game anyway. Same shit From/Bandai have done with their games prior to ER. It might quiet down and fade away but companies usually don't dust off years old games to patch them unless its copyright stuff.

Wish IdolNinja would have dumped the source code before he kicked the bucket.
It was always what he wanted to do with it.

>the new game
I honestly forgot that was a thing.
I saw the a trailer last year and filed it under "they haven't learnt anything at all"

Don't expect it until at least 2 years after the release of the new Saint's Row. That will give them time to release the game and follow up with DLC.

Its not looking good. All people wanted was a return to the gang stuff but we have to play wacky millenials.

It's looking like they actually did learn a few things. Then just screwed up others.

TWO (and a half) years to release a damn patch, why are trannies that incompetent?

>Wish IdolNinja would have dumped the source code before he kicked the bucket.
Pretty much no one makes anything with leaked source code, so I don't think it would have been a meaningful difference.

>Nu-Saints gets marketed to hell like it is currently
>Sells like shit since almost every comment on every video/article is begging for a return to the semi-realistic SR2 style
>Volition finally decides to remaster SR2 to shut the fans up and make up for money lost from the Nu-Saints

If they at least let the same team that remastered SR3 remaster SR2, they'd have a solid moneymaker on their hands.

Attached: police brutality simulator.jpg (622x480, 71.11K)

Don't worry, the non-stop shilling, both here and everywhere else, will start sooner or later.

>If they at least let the same team that remastered SR3 remaster SR2, they'd have a solid moneymaker on their hands.
Volition had nothing to do with the SR3 remaster, it was all up to Deep Silver.
twitter.com/DSVolition/status/1386884228340764672

Attached: 1620661778116.png (598x654, 47.9K)

He still had family to keep safe and he knows THQ Nordic has no qualms about having them killed if he were to do so.

Because it's not like gender reassignment surgery, you actually have to know what you're doing.

I honestly wouldn't trust Voltion to remake SR2 without fucking it up.
The only thing I'd want more in SR2 is boat/plane/copter customization. I'm not even sure I'd ask for better graphics given how souless that tends to turn out.

I bought this for about 1k Bitcoin a century ago

fuck off freetard