Upscaled fifth gen games are so fucking ugly. It just doesn't look cohesive or mesh together at all...

Upscaled fifth gen games are so fucking ugly. It just doesn't look cohesive or mesh together at all. You have high-res textures with really ugly low-res textures and horrible pop-in, you have sharp edges but with ugly ass textures, you have constant graphical artifacts and you have to manually configure every game trying to fix them, some text literally just becomes indecipherable lines when upscaled.

Why would anyone choose this over just using native resolution and accurate settings + CRT shader?

Attached: 3868346-duckstation.jpg (1214x933, 133.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.libretro.com/t/cyberlab-mega-bezel-death-to-pixels-shader-preset-pack/35606
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine thinking right looks better

Attached: comp2.jpg (2731x1059, 925.16K)

you're an idiot, go try Ape Escape without upscaling and show me how good it looks
in fact fuck it, I'll do it myself just to prove you wrong, give me a few minutes

Games are meant to be played not looked at. Go take your schizoid rant somewhere else and realize that times have changed

You are 100% correct.
I prefer booting up my ps1 games on my ps2+crt or with retroach(beetle psx/mednafen psx) with crt.easymode. I find that simple shader improves the image without fucking with it too much.

This nigga is the most skilled gamer ever, he doesn't even look at the games, plays everything blindfolded

Why do retroarch faggots seethe about the existence of every other emulator?

Fuck off, RetroArch tranny.

How fucking shit does your life have to turn out that you get to a point where your nostalgia for your childhood warps your vision.

2x for a small clarity bump
I refuse to elaborate

you ok, dude? you've pulled quite the straw out of your ass

>retroarch is more of a frontend than an actual emulator
>has several ps1 emulators available
retroarch fags seething over anything makes no sense whatsoever, why even be mad lolmao

if there are pre rendered background you absolutely fuck up the visuals, the characters won't look like they are a part of the world anymore

it's 2x bro not 10x

retroarch is not an emulator
it alows you to put shaders over existing emulator, among many other things

>play video games on their original hardware with an era accurate TV
>never have to worry about if a game is running correctly or not

How the fuck do you emulationfags even cope?

>Trying to dodge the point by lel funny
Prove me wrong. In fact. Why aren't you seething Sony does the same thing you're talking about with duckstation. They literally made the fucking consoles and they don't care about shaders or anything

These are VIDEO GAMES not movies. Games are meant to be played. And if that person wants a upscaled 16:9 ratio or a low res experience as close as possible to native hardware. Then whatever. It doesn't matter. None of this matters because at the end of the day these are just fucking video games

Autists can't handle something changing. You move a pixel and these defects lose their shit.

A lot of those old games gave that gritty look because of the CRT, removing it give a completely different vibe.
Might be part of why I remember so many old games being spooky.

>its another "Any Forums gets mad at other people actually playing games as they see fit" episode

Attached: Croc! - Legend of the Gobbos 12_12_2021 13_08_25.jpg (3840x2160, 844.87K)

Ape Escape looks garbage upscaled.

Attached: comp3.jpg (2681x1081, 921.51K)

PS1 games look like shit anyway

Duckstation is a piece of shit
I use beetle psx on the native res you stupid fuck
And what the fuck do i care about snoy when they don't give a fuck about their older games. Their ps1 emulator is worse than fan made ones by far.

>duckstation
> ape escape ntsc version
>crt royale shader
>upscaled to 4k
cope autist, i'm having more fun than you

Then play that way. I don't give a fuck what you do you goddamn retard. Just stop making these shitty threads that amount to nothing but autism.

>Duckstation is a piece of shit
People say this but never say why. How is Beetle PSX better? Is it the mednafen talking?

>never say why
It is retroarch fags mad that stenzek told them to fuck off.

I was playing Croc and I saw the little characters in cages and frankly I thought "That looks not so bad"

>CRT royale shader
>upscaled to 4k

Attached: grayon.jpg (720x736, 30.75K)

Isn't that just personal preference? I don't think any of the two looks like shit.

>retroarch fags mad that stenzek told them to fuck off
That's literally it? Who fucking cares? I guess I'll just keep using Duckstation then, emulator autism is embarrassing sometimes.

Do you need someone to talk to user?

Attached: Croc! - Legend of the Gobbos 23_05_2022 15_00_22.jpg (3840x2160, 784.6K)

You don't understand. Someone changed something and its wrong. Its like a splinter in my brain. I can't take it.

I am not a OP
Because it devolves into being plugin based like ePSXe and PSXR are and it's less accurate than beetle/mednafen anyway.

Beetle PSX is more accurate and lower input lag. I never upscale my games so I don't really care about DuckStation enhancement features. Also DuckStation goes full retard when you enable integer scaling for some reason.

Try viewing it at native res. Nothing about the upscaled image looks consistent at all and there is artifacting everywhere.

But nobody's forcing you to play like that.

>Upscaled fifth gen games are so fucking ugly.
take that back nigga

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108.64K)

Tried DuckStation on my SeX, and god damn, it made a lot of PS1 game look good. Playing SH1 in 4K/60 on Xbox is something I never knew would be a fucking thing.

It looks to me like the edges of the textures are visible which is normal if the CRT stuff isn't there and the size of the texturemaps is drastically increased. I see how some people can like that regardless and others don't.

I upscale and use shaders.
Best of both worlds.

Attached: Spyro the Dragon (USA)-220519-190940.jpg (3840x2160, 3.64M)

It literally just depends whether you grew up playing the game that way or not, I never have and think right looks better. But if you show me a picture of sm64 on a crt, that's the one I vibe with.

Ever used any of the death to pixels shaders? Pretty cool stuff.

Haven't tried, nah.

Check them out as i'm quite a fan.

forums.libretro.com/t/cyberlab-mega-bezel-death-to-pixels-shader-preset-pack/35606

don't care
get mad faggot
FORCING 8x RES
I DON'T GIVE A FUUUUUCK

Attached: rl4.jpg (2560x1440, 953.17K)

>Beetle PSX is more accurate and lower input lag.
I've yet to find any examples of where this is true. Any games I can look at?

>Worrying about your settings then the actual games
I'm sure glad I never fall this in the emulator hole lol

Your LED display will never be a CRT, much like you will never be a woman.

oh boy

the absolute state of upscaletards

Attached: crtup.jpg (1011x319, 149.54K)

That shader still makes it look good desu.

The best way would be playing without upscaling or shaders on a CRT like it was back then OR playing with upscaling and filters on a bigger LED screen.

I don't care about either picture

only autists care. Sometimes I post screens of filtered games just to piss them off and it makes me laugh
sometimes I use smoothing filters
sometimes I use CRT filters
depends on the game really, but the asspain is ALWAYS tasty

Attached: sdfdfgdg.jpg (2560x1440, 654.36K)

The MGS comparison on YouTube that was meant to look Beetle PSX look bad literally shows it. Beetle PSX exhibits hardware accurate pixel wobble

Upscaled or not that looks incredible for a fifth gen game.

I literally want to kill everyone who's ever touched an LCD they're wrong its wrong its not how its supposed to look