Elden Ring Lore Thread

lovecraft edition

Attached: 1653271147325.png (783x427, 576.68K)

Ice and Primeval both share the same cosmic signature for a reason. The dark void of space is cold

>DLC
>Ranni gets captured by moon demons
>Have to save her

Attached: k6zti72kws191.jpg (714x531, 69.71K)

no, it should be melina... Ranni is too powerful

Attached: 1651567328738.png (1418x2000, 2.05M)

> One clearly has little ice sparkles and snowy mist, all reminiscent of the winter
> The other clearly has a small nebula in it, all in the themes of cosmic stuff

You're looking too much into it, both are said to be heretical, they're just too raw to warrant a sigil, that's it

a sigil isn't just a proof of ownership stamp. it's a configuration that represents the forces behind the magic. these two not having a sigils means they're not from beings but just untamed parts of reality. that said it really doesn't mean anything until we get more info on the snow bitches or the void. also not lovecraftian, fuck you OP.

no dlc has been annonuced so far
you guys are setting yourselves up for dissapointment

DLC is going to focus on Miquella, and you'll help him out by taking over his Godwyn washing duties while he can put his plan in motion.
Godwyns skin needs to be kept moist while he's out of the water, so he needs constant washing

Attached: 1649741386179.png (560x454, 300.71K)

Does it mean that in your interpretation thorn magic is something fundamental too?
For me those lacking sigils is more about there not being enough practitioners to refine the magic and encode a symbol into the spell

Attached: sigilless.jpg (614x271, 113K)

>l-l-l-l-like Elden Ring is even p-p-p-popular enough to get DLC, SCHLUURR-COUGH COUGH COUGH
keep seething, discord tranny

Attached: file.png (225x225, 106.53K)

marika is made of sanctuary stone that was broken off of farum azula when the meteor struck.

Attached: sanctuary_stone_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px[1].png (200x200, 12.16K)

The thorns are the part of that sigil. That's not the move, it appears to indicate a move.

Attached: vvvv.jpg (640x502, 40.44K)

thorns are primal, yes. they come from the primal force of the formless mother.

Graven magic has plenty of practitioners, three of which are famous and powerful former Raya Lucarian sorcerers. Zamor knights are said to belong to an ancient order as well.

>no source
>no spell descriptions
>no explanations
>LOOK AT THESE TWO SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES AND BE SCARED
Same logic tells us that Miquella was the one behind killing Godwyn

Attached: file.png (416x230, 73.22K)

>formless mother
i will smack you

Same, the mending rune of the perfect order is also a sun, and yet, all of them carry different meaning and purposes. This is the same for all flame colors, not all of them are the same meaning. Honestly people need to read and know the lore of each item before clumping them together.

>O brother, lord brother, please die a true death

I hope we get some cosmic horror in the DLCs.

I just want a Bloodborne 2 so fucking bad, bros.

Attached: 1653056228053.jpg (1016x689, 55.5K)

what is godwyn a martyr of?

Attached: elden ring godwyn.png (901x748, 662.37K)

>because I need you to die a true death so you can turn into the Prince of Death for me.
>My Haligtree will be a refuge for the mistreated amongst the living
>You will be the refuge for the mistreated amongst the dead

Attached: Fia dialogue (2).png (993x1641, 1.45M)

That's the fell god sigil and it has been removed from thorn spells in subsequent patches, moreover thorn spell icons have no sigil on their scrolls, just like frost and primal ones

Attached: thorns.jpg (1000x1000, 339.18K)

Yes? Castle Sol side eye talks about Godwyn and Miquella constantly. PS the Black Sun is a step in the philosophers stone process :^)

It's not even the fell god, just flame magic. The thorns were more important than the circle anyway. Again, it's not the move, it's a symbol that represents the powers behind the move.

blood star has no sigil. it just punishes and self-flagellates

The Eclipse Ritual was about creating a second Curserune of Death by igniting the Sun with corpsefire to let Godwyn take his rightful place as the First of the Dead.

Fia confirms that the full cursemark was needed:
>This...is the other hallowbrand.
>How did you...
>Oh, my utmost thanks.
>With this, Godwyn can take his rightful place as First of the Dead.
>And claim a second, illustrious life

And the Eclipse Shotel reveals the true purpose of the Eclipse ritual
>Storied sword and treasure of Castle Sol that depicts an eclipsed sun drained of color. One of the legendary armaments.
>In Sol, the sight of an eclipse inspires a dreadful awe, preventing an onlooker from averting his gaze.
>Set the lusterless sun ablaze with the Prince of Death's flames, inflicting the death ailment upon foes.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 1.12M)