I can't believe we're getting more Rain World

I can't believe we're getting more Rain World.

Attached: 1631646341738.png (600x600, 316.66K)

Bought Rain World earlier this year and it's one of the best games I've ever played. The game can feel so cruel and dangerous while also having some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in any game.
These shits want me to rip my colon out tho.

Attached: latest[1].png (451x254, 85.12K)

explain

DLC when? I read from the lore user some areas and fauna were in need of polish but how much? When will the hype machine spit out some tasty youtube previews? I wanna see the game compete with Hollow Knight just like in ye olden days..

Attached: 1543868095767.jpg (1200x864, 56.41K)

>Bought Rain World earlier this year and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Glad to hear that. It's a hard game to recommend since it's so polarizing. And yeah, UD is a sphincter clencher in the extreme.

More Slugcats Expansion mod got bought out by the devs and they're going to release it as an official expansion.

Some time this year. The mod was in the works for like what, three years?

Teaser trailer was last month so a 2022 release seems within reason.

Attached: legendary.jpg (636x832, 184.07K)

Wonder if we'll get to visit NSH or another Iterator.

Attached: 1651847539081.gif (1536x1152, 123.15K)

True, it's fucking sick. Would love for it to release in summer, but it probably won't happen.
They can be really annoying. Did you get through Unfortunate Development?
From MSC informer user on February 18th:
>It’s been in development since 2018. I can confirm that all of the actual content is 100% complete, however, the developers of Rain World optimized their code while the mod was being developed and now there’s severe compatibility issues. Now, Videocult and the mod team are cooperating to make everything compatible while the beta testers still occasionally do a run or two to find possible last remaining bugs.
>There’s also rumours that they want to port the mod-expansion to consoles too and release everything at the same time. Unconfirmed.
The discord did a poll to see if people wanted the game on all consoles and that's what was voted on, so, seems to line up.
As for previews, I haven't even seen the first one. There's no way that I'm spoiling myself for anything in the DLC, it's already so hard to relive that first playthrough.
From MSC informer user on February 18th:
>we know one of the regions is called Sunken Superstructure and is fully underwater
Might be a new iterator or Moon/FP in the future/past.

Attached: vibin.gif (1000x720, 176.12K)

I don't understand the swimming in this game
dropped it at the sewer level

Yeah that happens to a lot of people. The first time I played I got stuck there and ended up restarting. It's normal.

>Might be a new iterator or Moon/FP in the future
Man that would be depressing.

Attached: 1579362875740.jpg (1920x1080, 202.61K)

don't use the jump button, it wastes too much air, wiggle perpendicularly to the direction you want to go instead

but I never even used the jump button
people say I should take a breather before diving back in, but I still drown after 5 seconds for no reason

>gamer word
>cropped out "nigger"
peak faggotry

You drown fast but you can swim fast enough if you use the wiggling trick.
Supposedly you can also find bubble plants that act as rebreathers but in all of my time playing the game, I've never seen a single one.

taking a breather only works when the head is fully out of the water so waves or drips from above prevent you from recovering. Slugcat has closed eyes when running out of breath and opens them when some limit is crossed. But I don't think that means that you are fully recovered yet, I would guess open eyes means you are around 75% capacity and need a bit more time.
Also the light around slugcat flickers when you are close to running out of breath when under water.

me and my bro would spawn hundreds of scavs and centipedes in the sandbox and laugh our asses off as everything exploded and the scavenger bodies would occasionally fly into the air even after everything already exploded. ah memories

Attached: slugcat-pups-dlc.gif (231x218, 3.3M)

You don't actually need to interact with Drainage System to complete the game
There is another, less cramped water region called the Shoreline where you can get used to all the water physics in a less deadly environment

the bubble plants in drainage are only on the western side, towards the filtration system for some reason

I'm pretty sure they are in a sewer area in shoreline accessed from an underwater "door" or whatever you call those things used to change map/screen.
They look like balloons and stop floating the more you use them.

The bubble plants are in those tiny dry areas above the water

Attached: bubble plant location.png (512x54, 2.63K)

The sewers is a magical place of learning and fun! Come join all your friends for a wild wet ride in the sewers.

Attached: NOOT NOOT.jpg (850x850, 36.47K)

100% this.
Best atmosphere in any platformer ever, videogame even.

I've always wanted to get into Rain World. It seems super cozy. Any tips for a beginner? Any mods I need?

Attached: images (1) (18).jpg (275x183, 6.98K)

if you stay out of this awful fucking section, drainage is actually mega comfy
the upper parts that are mostly just lizards and scavs and drippy pipes are quite nice to just fuck around in

>They can be really annoying. Did you get through Unfortunate Development?
Yeah. The funny thing is I had already cleared the entire area and after a while decided return using one of those teleport things I had gathered to fetch a few neuron flies and then exit through the beginning of the area. Unfortunately I didn't check which nest the teleport would send me to and I had to go past those blue shits a second time when I could've just teleported to the beginning of the area.

Attached: 20220503103000_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225.63K)

Not everything is out to kill you. Most is, but some creatures could be helpful in other ways.
Also, your objective is simply to advance. You don't need to stick around for anything. A skirmish is fine but don't overexpose yourself trying to finish a fight you don't need to finish.