Start playing an RPG

>start playing an RPG
>have to study an encyclopedia-tier manual before you're even able to create a party that's not terrible
What are your thoughts on this kind of game design?

Attached: 00014447.jpg (640x480, 73.9K)

>spend hours reading wiki, studying every class and race trying to build the most balanced party as possible
>start game
>play for one hour and never touch it again
rpgs should be one hour long

Attached: grimoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar-12.jpg (1034x804, 175.4K)

i just wing it and trial and error my way through a dozen parties as i learn the game

I love it, i can honestly say that i spent more time planning characters in NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer than playing the actual games.

Never had a problem with it cause I'm not an impatient retard and I usually play one game at a time even if its a game that will last for many days/months.

>having lots of options is bad

I just make a party because I'm not a retard.

Pic unrelated? Sir-Tech Canada games are easy to pick up and play while still being deep.

>zoomer wants everything immediately
I blame social media.

based unless there you can completely fuck over the game by not including something. not true for Wizardry at the normal difficulty

Dear sexually pent up midwits with an axe to grind. Please point out which part of the OP did you see as a provocation.

>female
>male body

powerful and progressive

Wizardry 8 is honestly pretty damn good balance wise and you have to go out of your way to make a garbage party. Even then there is enough depth to its combat to let you get away with undersized meme parties like 4 bards

>>have to study an encyclopedia-tier manual
Or simply have an IQ score over room temperature values, something zoomers clearly do not have

This is literally me

Main thing thats stopping me from playing picrel is the fact that you have to create like 6 characters at the start, and its before the times where devs believed in explaining what stats or things do, so theres 0% chance to create optimized party without looking it up.

Attached: 56c4948788a7e300458b47ba.jpg (341x447, 51.5K)

It's fine if it lets you respec freely and you can experiment until you find something that works. Otherwise it's just bloat so boomer retards can jerk themselves off for being le hardcore gaymers when all they did was look up a broken build.

The best part. Although the game's gotta be cool in order for it to work.

its just dungeons and dragons

You can take this post as an invitation to eat a dick.

This one just has really SHIT character building, they took the system that was decent from 6 then added a bunch of arbitrary restrictions and made dark magic even more OP.

I hate the free respec. It basically removes the whole RPG aspect and turns it into an action game.

>have to study an encyclopedia-tier manual before you're even able to create a party that's not terrible
>a good third of the stats/skills don't even function as stated

Attached: 1622541661572.png (809x795, 1.26M)

wizardy is impenetrable for gamers who didn't grow up with the series

Don't argue with angry ESLs.

Grimoire how does it work?
I gave it a try and after leaving the first room a rat attacked me, but all my attacks and spells missed with retarded animations and the rat slowly chipping at my frontline
After killing it I closed the game.
I love the multiclassing and shit but it plays terrible

ui is soulful but not very practical
>all my attacks and spells missed
yes, it'ss a spiritual successor to wizardry 7