Untitled

^.^

Attached: SDT Theory.png (800x600, 12.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timecube.2enp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No it wasn't

I would like to post and discuss experience systems. A few replies on a previous thread had me wondering about replies. What are your takes?

Wildstar faired mediocrely. WoW had already been up for 10 years.

Theme parks are surpassed by sandboxes.

Fun has been defined scientificially: motivation.

[Image].

Attached: 1652990722284.jpg (901x428, 133.35K)

>Leveling up is great but the process of leveling feels arbitrary in modern MMOs that aren't about immersion but all about reaching the endgame.
"Endgame" has been criticized for years; what defines a character is power, which comes from availability of equipment or similar status. MV=PQ. Amounts of money * velocity spent = price of items * quantity available. If you have an equation of exchange, you have everything to define power. That is the what to do. The where is open world. The who is sandbox PvP. What defines the sandbox?

Attached: 'fun'.png (612x215, 40.51K)

timecube.2enp.com/

What do you want me to gain from this?

One thing I always wanted to try out was see if a bunch of perfectly-organized characters (like a multibox) characters with sub-optimal gear could beat out a group of randos in something like a skirmish BG.
Get a bunch of hunters with cloth uniforms and good rifles, no pets even, and just have them focus fire on each individual player in WSG as they slowly advance toward the objective.

Attached: Line_Infantry.png (500x300, 334.23K)

So you just want a Mary Sue power trip where you start of capable of doing anything without failure?

>Mary Sue
God status is fun.

Don't care, still grinding 24/7 in my Korean MMORPG's

That's bland.

Does leveling items instead of characters change this? And no, God status sucks in games. Thats why it was a cheat code. It's not only cheating, its fun doesn't last longer than 5 minutes before you want to actually go back to playing the game again.

God mode is only fun after you’ve solved the game or you’re shit enough to stop caring about being able to progress naturally

stat points are obsolete

>capable of doing anything
Doesn't that allow the most skillfulness?

>without failure
Appeal to extremes.

You're trying to argue the relevance of 20-100+ hours of bland grinding. You want to be in the midst of everybody and everything else; that's the point of playing.

God status is natural.

You mean role mathematics?

If anything leveling has only gotten more prevalent and is now in FPS and AssCreed games.

That's a problem.

It sounds like the argument in this thread is by a retard who is conflating skill based gameplay where all the abilities are available at the start against level based gameplay where abilities are tied to levels because otherwise there would be no reason for a large portion of the types of games it’s common in except for having numbers go up in the background exclusively.

>skill based gameplay where all the abilities are available at the start
That sounds fun.

>level based gameplay where abilities are tied to levels because otherwise there would be no reason for a large portion of the types of games it’s common in except for having numbers go up in the background exclusively
That doesn't.

So play the genre of game where the former is the case instead of complaining about games where the latter is the norm. MMOs are not about skill based gameplay by their very nature.

No game of recent is about creative, skillful gameplay.

>MMOs are not about skill based gameplay by their very nature.
MMO only means a lot of characters, which is the best.

Anything else?