Deus Ex Remake

Now that Embracer owns them, and has expressed plans for it, will a remake happen?
What would be improved and what would be kept the same?

Attached: A9C8816E-8FF9-4194-A386-25D865BD2A55.png (574x798, 502.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-tzs47o33A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who needs a remake when we already have Revision?

>What would be improved
nothing
>what would be kept the same
everything

the game is fine as it is
>revision
gmdx is order of magnitudes better but whatever

Attached: 1521989315726.png (741x592, 93.14K)

>What would be improved
hopefully the combat and stealth
>what would be kept the same?
the level of freedom and the multitude of tools at your disposal

literally the only thing that could be improved from a remake is the awful aiming/shooting mechanics. everything else is perfect as is.

There's no demand for a remake. Maybe except for some fags political agenda

>will a remake happen
I don't think so

Graphics need to be updated
All voicelines need to be rerecorded and fixed to sound less autistic
Style should probably look a bit more futuristic
QOL improvements to the gameplay here and there
Maybe a reference to Jensen somewhere
The rest should be kept the same

This is the only real answer you’ll get ITT.

Attached: AFD2A380-8609-437E-AEB1-758623AD1D3B.gif (498x266, 2.43M)

Embracer has already said there are plans for a remake/remaster of all their IPs gained from Square Enix recently, including Deus Ex and Thief.

Again, there's no demand for a remake

The only stuff that could be improved would be the stealth system and combat, and everything else needs to stay the same. But i have a feeling they're going to try and change the whole game once they get that far.

We don't even want a graphical "improvement" because the engine used, the way its used, works and it has its charm.

>All voicelines need to be rerecorded and fixed to sound less autistic
Voice lines are perfect they way they are. If they can add more content with present day politics in the same style, then maybe.

A modern Deus Ex would never name drop the Rockefellers and Rothschilds, instead only playing seventh fiddle to the IDpol distraction that plagues our society as seen with Mankind Divided.

Fuck, i meant without* present day politics. No one wants that

a deus ex remake in the year 2022 will probably suck complete ass, but it'll be fun to play just for novelty's sake

Attached: 1653154351375.jpg (481x548, 50.35K)

No outward cry for a remake does not mean people would not care for it and refuse to buy it.

I would decide to take each map and x3 the size. Then, within that extra space, add the complexity which allows for more options.

AI and stealth systems need to be improved. This is so easy to fuck up, but not so hard to get right. I like what Dishonored tried to do, but it felt unfinished. Like, I can all stealth no kill a level but what do I get for doing that? I can almost as easily just rush in and slash everyone, and why not do that?
If you have a see through walls ability, then you CANNOT do no kill all stealth without it. If you have distraction powers like a false avatar hologram, then you HAVE to use that if you're going to stealth through a main area.
And then, when it comes to secret/side routes, I like having to explore and do odd dialogue to uncover one. I don't like - oh here it is on the side, a vent behind the main door, no need to do stealth or fight. There should be TRADE OFFs. Stuff you know you'll miss if you take the vent.

It also needs a more robust consequences system. Morality systems are very 2002. Lame. Instead, if a guard thinks he saw something, or especially if you use a hologram avatar, the general alert level should raise.
Full stealth makes full stealth easier. Fucking up stealth means stealth is going to become less of an option.
And rather than have a morality system, they need a system where different characters with their helpfulness/alert systems adjust to your history of actions and reputation.

In any event, the best option is to remake the original beat by beat, with the same levels. Just x3 the size of each, use that to integrate modern visuals, and then spend most of your effort on improving the nuances of these systems.

Do not reinvent the wheel. Do not make new levels/story. Don't pigeonhole diversity characters.
Just innovate the fucking core systems. Really innovate.

Then, if you pull that off, you can make Deus Ex 1.5 - a sequel to the remake that uses its systems, with new levels and your diversity etc.

Which one, cloak or radar invisibility? Being invisible to cameras, turrets and robots seems nice but being invisible to people, well. Although - does that affect mechs like the MJ12 commandos or their MIBs?

Attached: Screenshot (412).png (1366x768, 1.32M)

>remake
>remaster
>reboot
>reimagining
>re-release

Attached: 1653399359975.png (500x658, 146.1K)

Fuck remakes,
Fuck faggots who buy remakes,
Fuck jannies

You can fool robots with an EMP grenade or just blow them up with the GEP gun. Cloak is superior for the later levels.

Well of course, part of Americas new religion is consumerism. But there it's presently no demand

>or just blow them up with the GEP gun
To be fair I could do that to organic enemies as well.

The GEP gun is the most silent way to eliminate Manderley

That's the hard thing about games like this. You have whole powers that are only relevant in a couple of situations.
Dishonored 2 sucked hard for this reason. All these powers and I have to ask why the fuck I should care unless I'm on my 5th playthrough for some reason and want to try a new thing for lulz.

Imagine Deus Ex simply being 3x as large, but the levels are the same. So 3x as many robots, etc. Now your build is going to come in handy almost every level and shape the opportunities you have available.

they could easily get sheldon pacotti back, he still writes

The original will be unsurpassed for centuries. I don't care how many extra polygons you cram in or how many normal maps you tack on, the look was part of its charm and the basic level design makes assessing your situation simple. It had 3 sequels and even they couldn't replicate its charm. You better quit clamoring for a remake before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

>Laputan Machine

No, modern gamers wouldn't have that kind of patience. Just add the missing levels like the moon base and the FEMA camps.

Slightly better graphix.
More detailed environment.
Better, more interesting map design.
Just a bit better combat (can't be too good so it wouldn't discourage too much from other approaches).
Everything else stays.

Attached: 1638298451393.png (1080x960, 1.54M)

If you can't handle vanilla through Kentie then you're mentally and spiritually a zoomer sorry.

There are places like Liberty Island and Hong Kong, even the sub base which really benefitted from the graphical minimalism and size constraints.
However, places like the alley sniper den in NY leading to the warehouse kind of suffered.

Still, the Mankind Divided Prague was a shitshow of way too much going on, with far too little of it mattering.
The whole bullshit of having to get passed the police checkpoint was sloppy and way too much to make sense of what the actual options were. So you just end up running through if you don't have the password and I guess you can up your hacking ability if you chose to do that for some reason.

This.

Actually, that's not a bad point. Up the graphics, keep the same voice acting. Add new levels. A couple QoL improvements.
Just make the textures look nice but zero polygon additions other than on vehicles, characters and items.

>>Imagine Deus Ex simply being 3x as large
No, disgusting. Deus Ex' size is perfect. It's not so big it gets tedious but not too small I'm left wanting more.

>gmdx is order of magnitudes better
I don't agree, gdmx is pretty much Deus Ex as I remember it.
Revision is good for a replay, feels like a new fresh experience

I just shot him. I was going to let him go, maybe beat him unconscious with the baton, but then he pulled a piece.
I'd taken efforts to non-lethally subdue the UNATCO dudes, but fuck Manderley.

>he wants to change perfection
youtube.com/watch?v=W-tzs47o33A

I was thinking you would add more content to the size, that would be implicit. So three liberty islands in one.
But you're right that lends to repetitive BS, skipping content from boredom.
And a larger Paris would be a nightmare.

>Prague was a shitshow of way too much going on, with far too little of it mattering.
>bad things

Attached: thief 2 angelwatch.jpg (1280x720, 47.9K)

>All voicelines need to be rerecorded and fixed to sound less autistic
Do you mean JC, or the NPCs that sound like the programmers got rounded up to do voices? Because I think they all have their charm, and JC was specifically told to put as flat an affect on his voice as possible so that he wouldn't influence players to think one line or another was the 'canon' answer.

>>I was thinking you would add more content to the size, that would be implicit
Yes, I'm aware. What would be the point though? It'd just make the game bloated and tedious.

>Now your build is going to come in handy almost every level
The whole point of making a build in Deus Ex (or the game in general, really) is that you have to make hard choices. You can't do everything. It's not like a Bethesda game where you just pick whatever the fuck because the choices don't matter because every build ends up the same anyway.

>all these fags wanting changes
Just make a new game if you want to change Deus Ex so much.

That would honestly be better - we don't need a remake of Deus Ex, we need more games that are like Deus Ex.

>2010
>90% of games were brand new

maybe if it was 2000

Ok, how about Deus Ex 2.

Perfection will always exist in the original version. A remake is an opportunity to experiment.

Invisible war sucked balls.
I had an invincibility cheat on and it was still tedious and confusing.

How can a new attempt be any worse?

Attached: Your game is awful, Harvey.png (945x32, 25.66K)

>we need more games that are like Deus Ex
I wish people made more games like Deus Ex. I don't even particularly need the clever writing, although that would definitely be a bonus. I just want more games that put an emphasis on player freedom through gameplay.

I've played through it twice and still barely remember it. Like, I'm confused when I think about it. I guess there was a desert level, and the space needle looked dumb. A german level vaguely like Deus Ex's cathedral but less good.

But I remember Deus Ex perfectly. Weird

Ok, how about Deus Ex Ultra Deluxe?

>remake
No. Fuck off. The original runs and looks just fine.
What possible value will be added by remaking it in 2022. Do you want an option to toggle Denton's preferred pronouns?