Is unionization good or bad for the industry?

Is unionization good or bad for the industry?

Attached: unknown-70.png (801x753, 693.37K)

Nope. It'll just mean more expensive games and longer release dates.

If you were a valuable employee you wouldn't need to pay a bunch of union gangsters protecting you.

neither

Unions are not a flat good or bad thing. I've seen shitty unions being greedy cunts and giving a reach arounds to corporate bigwigs to keep existing. And decent ones that don't break any new ground but do okay at representing employee concerns.

Name an industry run by unions that is "good."

Good unions are the exception rather than the rule.

It can be both. On the one hand, unions make companies think twice before pulling hostile bullshit. On the other, they also have a tendency to turn into kickback-laden protection rackets that drain your pay and do fuckall in return.

its gonna be bad for the video game industry

why do americans hate unions so much

Attached: file.png (927x1153, 518.29K)

Video game companies are shitty enough and a large enough amount of VG development is creative rather than productive that this is a net positive.

Most of the negatives of unions (extortion, shitheads being protected from repercussions, inefficient spending, red tape) are already huge problems in games. The employees will probably get half decent benefits and job security now.

americans lack class consciousness
disgraced billionaire mindset

>boot licker mentality

It's terrible for the industry, just like it's terrible for every industry. Take a look at the MLB umpire's union for example: a bunch of unfireable old men who are terrible at their jobs, but will continue doing them until they feel like retiring because the union protects them.

>americans need a union to sit on their ass and make videogames all day

lmao lol

cause sometime they'll block new hires cause they aren't part of their or affiliated union

wasnt it just game testers who are joining the union

This.
It sounds nice on paper but corruption and greediness eventually gets the better of them and in the end everyone loses except the employees.
I'm an argie, trust me. You DO NOT want to hand over the keys of an industry to unions.

People that have never been in a union have no idea how shit it is. Any person with high seniority is the laziest fuck on earth that knows they won't be fired.
It doesn't matter anyway once MS takes over they WILL fire everyone in the union that doesn't fall in line.
When a company is bought out they can negotiate with the union in good faith but are not required to and can fire everyone with zero repercussions.

unions have their flaws but it's not like their bosses are gonna treat them any better. Might as well go with the lesser of two evils

Have you seen the type of people forming unions? They are LGBT leftists who won't protect workers, they'll use it to protect themselves and their ideology for selfish reasons

It's neither

It's funny

Our politicians have no reason to actually support our rights, so they fear monger unions as much as possible and then do nothing to keep them in line once they spring up. No union, they profit. Union? Don't regulate it, people hate unions, prpfit.

this is fucked since it's going to make the trannies and faggots stay even longer at the company, so yes it's bad, specifically because of the people making these unions, unions are not bad tho

>It'll just mean higher quality games and better quality assurance.
ftfy

>Any person with high seniority is the laziest fuck on earth that knows they won't be fired.
It's already like that without a union.

>workers rights bad because liberals support it

There's no downside because the AAA corporations are already shit. An union can't dig through rock bottom, the only way from there on is up or even. I want to see EA and Microsoft get harassed by unions and end up with their talent employees joining them.
>but what about the smaller companies
Who the fuck joins an union and then a small vidya studio? And AA studios are extremely rare because nearly all of them either disbanded already or got bought out by AAA corporations.
Pretty much this. Unions aren't paragons of virtue that they are portrayed as, but they are meant to be a better alternative than letting "the big man" do whatever they want, that's why they're geared to combat the shitty barely-restricted big-ass industries rather than your average indie studio. Anons that don't default to "AAA games are shit, who gives a fuck about unionization let them burn" are casuals

Attached: 634112452.jpg (480x360, 13.1K)

As long as I get my 3 months of PTO over the company regular 2 weeks and my guaranteed 7-12% pay increase every year the union leaders can be whatever breed of mental illness they want.

Attached: 5235.png (1000x1000, 158.77K)

Who are you quoting, retard?

its bad cause workers in the video game industry can't even get their shit together
what makes you think a union will help out with that?

think how shit game devs have been for 10 years. you really think collective action will be good? all I can say is thank god for old games, because you're never getting good ones again.

Literally any major trade
This is your brain on Any Forums
They unironically believe this. They would rather not get fair compensation if someone with blue hair is their union rep.

If corporate overlords were human, there wouldn’t be any need for unions.

Workers should be grateful that they get paid, let along that they have any rights. It is the rightful place of the peasantry to serve the elites, and knowing that you are fulfilling your proper role in society should be enough.

Why won't you just be good little slaves?

Im not american and I hate them

Japan doesnt have unions and their games are great

Attached: 1647867367873.png (848x1036, 646.62K)

Yes. They are not going to argue for fair wages, they will argue to fire workers and silence criticism under the basis that it prevents their labor. They will only use unions to fund left wing NGOs.

Any bad the union does is offset by the bad HR does and they balance each other out. Preventing unions is why HR turned the industry into a politics driven hellhole. And if HR was never there we would have just seen the same shit but the other way around. The femcel is ALWAYS driven to control, so HR and Unions making each others lives difficult would have discouraged them entirely.

Are they illegal there? Would be based.

Unions are good for the workers. They give them leverage and power to fight against their multi-million/billion dollar employers and help prevent them from being exploited/underpaid/discriminated/overworked.

I work in aviation, and Southwest Airlines workers are unionized. They enjoy a great deal of benefits, excellent payscales, and are generally very happy, productive workers. The positions that open up are quickly filled, and Southwest is still immensely profitable. Everyone -can- win if executed correctly.

The issue is that the people at the top like their extra yacht/bonus/stock options, and to be able to hold their thumb over the common worker.

Attached: EVUR.jpg (1626x1440, 271.3K)

>exit interview
Maybe i'm out of the loop but to my experience when somebody gives you their two week notice they usually don't sit around and answer questions for you.Either you offer them more money to stay (and if that was the reason they were quitting they reconsider) or you don't and they're out anyways.

Woke trannies are digging their feet in for a long winter.

Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a Reaganite dicksucker who thinks he'll be a billionaire one day.

>Unions are good for the workers.
lol
lmao

>people are bad
>let's give power to people
Same thing but worse will happen, that's all. Healthy uncentralized competition is the only thing that can save them, not more centralized power. Blizzard was already due to die off anyway, they are garbage, so nothing of value was lost except breastmilk.

i think their honor system prevents them from forming unions in the first place, thats like saying we know we're bad at our work and wont take responsibility

amen brother

unions are for high skill, high risk labor jobs. not some faggot who types on a computer all day. Especially not for some faggot teachers either.

Exit interviews are not usually an attempt to convince someone to stay. It's an HR thing where they want to figure out why you left and get honest feedback since you don't have to worry about retaliation since you are out the door. Basically, people are more honest when they don't give a fuck.

My union job is based. I work 12 hour shifts and on most days I'm only actually working 5 or 6 hours. We do 2 hours on 2 hours off, pension, benefits and high pay for a job you need no experience for and can do right out of highschool

>The issue is that the people at the top like their extra yacht/bonus/stock options
The people at the top can barely afford living. They give so much of their time and money out of pure altruism.

>Doesn't actually care that these people openly support globohomo tranny shit as long as he gets the same amount of vacation as an elementary school child
uniontroons, everyone

It will cripple major publishers and force them to start making good polished games instead of churning out dogshit cheap games, meanwhile small indie teams will be entirely unaffected.

they also die of heart failure at 35 from working 80 hours a week though.

>liberals support workers
LOL
LMAO
Trucker protest happened, literal worker uprising demanding fair rights to merely work, what did your liberals think about it? The liberals are the party of the midwit management retard that has no feedback from reality.

Attached: 1642537856706.jpg (1426x1432, 503.14K)

It doesn't benefit me, the consumer, therefore I don't care. Make a good game.

Attached: activision ruined wow.png (341x399, 318.74K)

look up the type of people that promote unions in tech fields and you tell me if it's a good thing

Unions were always political. Most unions donate to BLM and other leftwing NGOs.

When police unions fulfilled their purpose of protecting workers, liberals and leftists attacked them. This shows that liberals do not see unions as a means to "protect workers", but as an institution to give themselves power and wealth. Do not fall for their disingenuous lies and gaslighting

thats Korea, Japan has the longest average life span in the world