This is some serious xianxian shit. You fight, and fight, and fight, and struggle, and fight...

This is some serious xianxian shit. You fight, and fight, and fight, and struggle, and fight, until you pull through and achieve your objectives. But it's hardly over. You dive in again, pursuing yet more challenge to temper your soul. Levels, bosses, characters flash by you, the only constant being you and the ever-stacking layers of power you robe yourself in, an adaptive energy seeking greater heights, a weapon reforging itself into the most decisive object. Finally, you stand at the end of five cycles of reincarnation, a God beyond your mortal self's wildest ambitions, your demons now your slaves. Only the heretical depths of the abyss sate your thirst for a new journey. When the FUCK is Nioh 3

Attached: nioh.jpg (1050x1518, 202.61K)

its fun yea

>When the FUCK is Nioh 3
I'm still on my second reincarnation. I probably won't be done with Nioh 2 for a few more years. I can wait.

I wish I could do it again bros..m

Attached: bloodsheds end.jpg (800x450, 79.1K)

Yeah, game's fun OP. Though I'm a bit disappointed by Nioh 2. I know story is never Nioh's big point, but man Nioh 2 is so disappointing on the narrative side. Plot is generic as it can be, characters come and goes, and the big thing being the legendary magical sword that kills da demons is so boring. Also of course, time travel.
Again, Nioh 1 isn't like has a masterpiece story or anything, but it had some memorable things. William and Kelley being an outsider to the Sengoku era, Nobunaga coming back to life and immediately fucking off, surprise fight against Samurai L Jackson, Hanzo speaking english, fighting the Ninetails with Sanada, etc.
Nioh 2 is far less memorable. It's funny how they repeat the same things from Nioh 1 but they work way less. Fighting a big multi head snake boss on top of a palace? Check. Nekomata sacrificing itself? Check. A big monster appear at the middle of a battlefield that you have to fight with gimmicks? Check. Also I fucking hate that everytime we have a partner, before a boss that partner HAS to be incapacitated. The most hilarious one would be MC's mom who didn't even get attacked, just hit her head on the ground and pass out.
The only fun crew that MC had a journey with was Raikou's, I wish we can spend more time with her and Seimei.

no

Suggest me a ninja build. I want to like this game, but my character always feels weak as fuck.

It's all Sengoku Era references. Not really supposed to be a cohesive story so much as a jaunt through a historical period, with a fantastical bent. I personally fucking loved how it's largely fantasy Hideyoshi's story, he's an absolutely fascinating historical figure

The nature of drops in the game make it hard to suggest and/or put together a specific build, and I don't think ninja builds come into their own until you have a lot of points to spend in the ninja web. I was a swordfag til I realized that the spear truly is the king of weapons and that there's a very pragmatic reason our ancestors chose to fight from the back end of a long stick, a reason that carries very well over to a hellish game like nioh

>play caster in Nioh 1
>it's fairly disappointing, end up playing melee with a dash of talismans
>buy Nioh 2
>all cool magic is in Ninjutsu tree (???)
So, are those feathers any good, or just a gimmick to apply status/deplete ki?
Also, which weapons did you guys like? I started with Staff and Scythe, and so far (defeated the snake earlier) I favor the staff.

Feathers murder anything that's out of ki.
But you should duo ninjutsu/magic anyway since their attunement slots don't overlap.

I know, but the first game at least spices things up with the inclusion of William and Kelley so it's just not just Sengoku era stuff.
Funny you mention about Hideyoshi. I thought they did him dirty in the game. His supposed final duel with you was robbed by Kashin Koji. I assume he's gonna help you fight him or at least we're gonna give him a proper sendoff but nope, his body is just gone the next scene. And then he got revived at the end of the game just to die again, it's kind of funny.

this is gay shit
Ninja Gaiden 2 Master Ninja limbs, blood and guts flying everywhere and tension is always high since some random ninja can jump you and suicide bomb you at any fucking time. Now that is a high test game.

I main staff and it's great. Ki damage build + mystic art that give more hits to hold attacks + Shin Crusher melts bosses' ki like crazy.

Yeah I plan to level magic anyway for staff, plus can't pass the utility onmyo provides. Good to know feathers are nice, might check on them again in NG when (I assume) unlimited jutsu sets appear

Shrin Crusher is a beast, I was in awe at how much ki damage it does without any modifications. I also like the one where you pummel the enemy while moving forward, insane damage.

>Yeah I plan to level magic anyway for staff, plus can't pass the utility onmyo provides.
It's not just that, with Phantom you gain anima from using ranged spells, so doubling the amount of casts you get overall doubles your anima gain overall

That sounds great, I'm still testing out the different yokai shifts, but so far I do prefer the burst counter on Phantom.

You'll get the option to equip two guardians later on. You can then switch between them on the fly during battle.

Figured that might be the case as in the first Nioh, but I'm still getting the hang of these pokemon cores and which ones work best together.
Though I do not generate enough anima (yet) to use them willy-nilly and I'd rather save it for counters.

There's a shiftling skill that allows you to gain anima every time you absorb a soul core on the battle field. There are also various other skills in shiftling and other skill trees that help with gaining anima during battle.

>I also like the one where you pummel the enemy while moving forward, insane damage.
The hold button one? That's a great one too. Also some of my recommendations are the Phoenix strike (guard + quick attack on low stance that can do 3 combo if you get all 3 skills) and the spin to win move (guard + low attack on mid stance). Increase your guard breaking and ki damage and they are so good at giving pressure to enemies.

Alright, thanks, I'll look into it. Staff so far does feel like a master-of-all type of weapon (breaking horns, ki depletion, low stance mobility, good damage, excellent guard), to the point I barely tried anything else.

Best way to build up anima early on is by perfectly purifying yokai realms. In Nioh 1, that was the only way to remove yokai realms. In Nioh 2, any ki pulse removes them, but doing a perfect gives anima instead, so you only have 1 chance to make it happen.