Visual novel made by a triple a studio

>visual novel made by a triple a studio
>doesn't have full voice acting
>still uses the same fucking GBA blips for characters talking which sounds terrible in the [current year]
Explain this

Attached: I6rL4ZD.jpg (1277x717, 159.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/culture/2021/06/lupin-part-2-netflix-herlock-sholmes-not-sherlock.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he needs to be told those GBA sound blips are nostalgic and franchise defining

>Still buying Ace Attorney games after the trilogy
"Herlock Holmes", you did this to yourself op

>visual novel

How do you get filtered by Ace Attorney? I feel sorry for you.

AA should've stayed 2D. There's a reason why the Investigations duology are the best looking games in the series.

probably cause aa doesn't sell nearly enough copies to justify full voice acting when there's so much fucking text in them. it's not persona

Because Ace Attorney is not a triple A game series despite being made by a "triple A studio".

this shit's already 80 hours long with just text. who the fuck wants to listen through that instead of just reading?

>>doesn't have full voice acting

> Not letting your imagination run wild and blow out any performance some shit VA would halfheartedly do.

Such a shame user, you're missing out.

Attached: SmugLink.png (497x441, 164.1K)

Are there visual novels that long that are completely voiced? That seems like a LOT of dialogue.

blips for characters are based, i cant stand japanese female scream

Play Layton x Ace Attorney and you'll realize why voice acting in a game with a lot of text isn't a great idea.

They are made for nintendies, they don't care about getting fucked

Do you want to listen to voice clip to every single fucking clue on every single fucking case? This shit would be madness to record

I had to look this up myself, Herlock Sholmes is actually a character used in Maurice Leblanc's works as a literal knock off Holmes.
slate.com/culture/2021/06/lupin-part-2-netflix-herlock-sholmes-not-sherlock.html
Basically Leblanc wanted to do a crossover novel with his character Arsène Lupin, but didn't get permission from Arthur Conan Doyle to actually go through with it. To get around copywrites, he was rewritten as Herlock Sholmes, treated as a parody (though was pretty much the same character) and got away with it.

The very little voice acting this game has is just barely serviceable. Do you really think it would be any better if it was fully voiced? Just make your own fandub at that point

umineko

This was the first game in the series where 3D was actually done right. It needs to stay like this now, but add more animations.

Is there a difference between Level 5's Nick and the one used in the 3d AA games?

Attached: file.png (1428x435, 764.21K)

>Voice acting
In a game where I'd skip all of it as soon as I'd read the line? Nah.

But it's easily the best game since the original trilogy, and Sholmes is one of their best characters.

>Can read faster than the VAs can speak
Fuck voice-acting.

Phoenix uses two models since Dual Destinies, one for court and one for investigations. I don't think PLxAA does that.

This honestly. The 3D models look really good, but I hate how sluggish it feels going from the 2D games to the 3D games because every single model has to take time to animate in each conversation.
But even without that issue, the 2D games look better overall.

Attached: judge.png (506x379, 59.61K)

Left is his courtroom model, right is his investigation model.

Attached: 3d75kubabpm71.jpg (506x569, 47.59K)

What's the investigation model look like? Are we talking like viewmodel arms?

Woop, you were slightly too late.

I think it's gotten slightly better over time.

>I think it's gotten slightly better over time.
True. The GAA games weren't nearly as bad about it as DD was, especially since holding the B button outright speeds up any animations.

Ah I see, his face is wider for the angled shot of the courtroom, and slimmer for front facing shots. I'm guessing they used the slim one in when you're playing an Apollo/Athena case for dialogue.