European kids:

European kids:
>I want to play Oblivion!
European parents:
>We have Oblivion at home. (pic related)

Attached: Gothic3_EUcover.jpg (246x348, 20.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DLyqSQhS6E0
youtu.be/B-tFl8gt1x8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never even got into the open world of Gothic 3. I started the game, watched the cutscene, and at the intro battle with the orcs everything about the combat felt painfully off so I just uninstalled.

>loved gothic 1 and 2 so i get 3
>its buggy as shit
>main questline bugged and i never got the main quest
>not knowing what to do, travel out into the open world, no context, no direction
>actually kinda fun
>fall through the floor in a cave 2x
>get beaten to death by wild boars (why are they so strong wtf)
>uninstall

It's a cut above any bethshit trash like oblivion and skyrim.

Attached: 1646830394908.jpg (1680x1050, 2.36M)

burgers will never know this feel
youtu.be/DLyqSQhS6E0

well you missed a lot
problem is game was unfinished, for me i definitely enjoyed it alot

Why couldn't they make the open world the same way Witcher 3 did?
Seeing the capital that has just a bunch of houses and harbor that is smaller to the one that even Khorinis had was really painful.
Desert cities are not even cities and are all copy-pasted

Gothic 3's open world is actually superior to W3's but okay.

Get patch or buy it on gog, it comes with patch preinstalled

Nah w3 deserves criticism but Gothic 3 world isn't anywhere clsoe

>superior
When large cities om your map have only 3 houses and 3 named npcs, 2 of which disappear after the liberation in a r*ssian way, it is not what you can call superior
I feel like even Old Camp from G1 was bigger than Vengard

i bought it on release, there was no patch and im not playing it again, the combat system sucks balls

>Get patch
I forgot what was the patch that was changing how AoE spells worked?
I remember it was some unofficial one. That shit was broken as hell

>Nah w3 deserves criticism but Gothic 3 world isn't anywhere clsoe
I disagree. W3's open world is utter garbage full of copy-pasted enemies and insignificant treasures in form of a collectathon.
Open world is not city or NPC design.

Fuck this gay ass game. Play Gothic 1 and 2 instead.

Attached: bezi default dance.webm (700x924, 774.36K)

>Open world is not city or NPC design.
You must be joking, right
It is exactly a part of world design. If you have semi-open world that is still broken into zones you can implement large cities and create illusion of the big world without need to spend efforts on filling the area around those cities with something
Vengard at least should've been its own map

>I disagree. W3's open world is utter garbage full of copy-pasted enemies and insignificant treasures in form of a collectathon.

That's 95% of Gothic world, aside of few unique caves you got 3 main divisions and copypasted hordes.
Witcher 3 some interesting locations as well

lol no, you dumb contrarian

Gothic 2 is also gay ass. Just fun to play
Who thought that the plot about some gay ass paladins and dragons is going to be interesting.
Also what they did to the world of the colony is a travesty.

>WOW this is even better than oblivion! Thanks Mom!

No, not really. Open world is open world and city design is city design. Want to criticise the cities being small? Sure, go ahead but don't pin that on the open world.
No u deflection is not a solid argument, user. Both games have its share of problems, be it enemy or location variety but W3 world is incredibly bloated with copy-pasted monster dens or ? question marks with useless gear because some peasant will reward you with a better piece in 10 minutes (I love level scaling).

>Open world is open world and city design is city design
you just argue for the sake of arguing. Cities are the part of the world, their design is world's design

What truck simulator is this

>you just argue for the sake of arguing.
Nah, I just think W3 has shit open-world and I'm tired of pretending it's not. It does some things well, don't get me wrong but numerous games, often with much smaller budgets did their open world better.

jokes on you, actually it is a rap simulator
youtu.be/B-tFl8gt1x8

True, G3 is still one of the best open world games out there. And W3 is absolutely soulless trash compared to first game in the series.

Retarded zoomer.

>numerous games, often with much smaller budgets did their open world better.
yeah like Gothic 1 which still had world divided into zones. Not sure why they decided to go full Oblivion in G3 when they had the right idea right from the start

Despite how shit gothic 3 was, it still was better than oblivion

actually Gothic in the title refers to gothic architecture. The full title is Gothic Masonry Simulator 1203. In the final mission you build the Cologne Cathedral from bottom to the top. The time to beat is around 600 years in game time

Attached: 04912.jpg (736x1226, 249.83K)

Dunno, maybe they were chasing the open world trend or something? Anyway, the game wouldn't really be better with hubs. It has a decent open world but is plagued by other issues like braindead combat, no real classes, lack of balance, awful bugginess etc.