Almost 17 years later

>Almost 17 years later
>Still mogs all NPC artificial intelligence in modern gaming

Attached: file.png (340x509, 246.48K)

Far Cry 4 has comparable AI. Bots can use vehicles to close distance, look for player, take cover everywhere, shoot while sprinting, shoot projectiles etc

Honestly though why is this the greatest fps/horror of all time and there truly never will be another like it that truly highlights the shooter aspect

WHAT'S YOUR STATUS??

Attached: Replica_Desert_Soldier_(04).jpg (456x1080, 94.1K)

>FLASHLIGHT

trepang2

Not even as good as Far Cry 1.

they're not even that smart. it's the maps that gives them better opportunities to outflank you compared to other games

>Best NPC AI
>Nobody mods the game because the AI is literally just specific scripting that reacts to specific triggers and when put in dynamic situations falls apart
Like saying the AI in a text adventure is da bestest because it has half a dozen responses to what the player types

Attached: 1645623931836.jpg (597x559, 26.08K)

>mogs
You mean shouting combat lines? Damn I guess bamham or even fucking stalker ai mog fear ai

no it doesn't. that game is pisseasy and made for retarded babies with the bare minimum effort put in

I played FEAR and I like it but this is a total fabricated circlejerk

I'd never seen this before I take back what I said thanks!

Fear is piss easy too, since you can just slow down time. At least in Far Cry you need to take cover to not die, not press one button.

Saying FEAR has great AI is peak psuedo intellectualism, tons of open world games have more complex AI pathfinding, dynamic interactions like RDR2

Attached: 38d4288ddfcfe3c295e8900ecd73d918041e0ea5v2_hq.jpg (1024x799, 64.79K)

>more complex AI pathfinding, dynamic interactions like RDR2
Yeah, that why every mission in RDR2 puts you in a little corridor where AI won't glitch the fuck out.

>tfw shoot a fire hydrant behind them to stun or blow them up

Attached: 1423505277700.jpg (711x273, 25.21K)

Games like FEAR are living proof that AI procedural generation and is a meme and will never be as memorable as a handcrafted experience. There’s a reason you can recall individual rooms in FEAR and all the ways the enemies will navigate them, while something like XCOM 2 with all its level generation possibilities still has every encounter feeing exactly the same.

Clones don’t even have good AI, the levels and callouts are made to make them feel like they do, and in the end that’s all that matters to the player. If it looks real, sounds real, and feels real, then as far as a video game is concerned it’s real.

nearly every level in FEAR is a little corridor you disingenuous faggot

HOSTILE!

Actual high IQ post that will be ignored by Any Forumstard faggots