*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Attached: slime.png (1920x1080, 3.86M)

Anyone ever play Stonekeep before? It was a fucking great dungeon game way ahead of it's time but there are barely 3 mentions of it in the Any Forums and /vr/ and two of those are me.

I bought it for my phone recently, but it turns out commute is not a great place to immerse myself in video games so I just scroll youtube anyway.

Good two games, shame there wont be a third one

why not?

Pretty sure the developers all went their own ways working on different things now. I remember there being some magic strategy game that one of them went to work on

I think the sequel bombed in spite of being better in every way. People bought 1 for novelty, most didn't finish it or play that much, didn't by the second game.

Grimrock 2 is the best RPG I've played in the last 15 years and I don't even like blobbers

>that one level full of poison spiders
Fuuuuuuck
I think at that point I got a bit more active in moving in and out of combat to avoid most of the enemies hits. Feels kind of cheesy but I couldn't think of any other way to get past all those spiders.

you are meant to do that. you have to use every space you got. being stuck in a corridor with spiders ends mostly in death

I wanna make a Dungeon crawler like this one but I can't come up with cool enemies or level progression?

you can think of something. there was a cool grimrock style dungeon crawler based on Japanese yokai that released a couple years ago. seems you could easily adapt it to other settings. Do a system shock style one

These games are great but I hate that you have to throw yourself into holes to find equipment etc. that you can't get otherwise.

Really feels tedious and bullshitty. The should've made all of the hole/trap areas accessible somehow to get around this.

read old fairy tales and make shit up

> in spite of being better in every way
have the 2 games a connecting story? Meaning do I have to play the first one to understand the story of 2?

oh hey civvie
hey cancerslime...

In the second game you can get a rope so you can fall down safely at least

Nope, you can just pick the second one right away

>Anyone ever play Stonekeep before? It was a fucking great dungeon game way ahead of it's time
>ahead of it's time

Lmao no. Stonekeep was released in 1996 and had more primitive dungeons than Dungeon Master (1987). Now THAT was a game ahead of its time.

where is grimrock 3. i just want to dungeon crawl.. all these faggot anime games have like 20 hours of VN bullshit attached to them.

>Play Grimrock 2
>Realize it's the best game ever made
>Beat the game against one of the most satisfying final bosses (true ending) in video game history
>Feel infinite sadness when the third will never be made

What a shame.

Attached: Legend of Grimrock 2 title spread.jpg (1280x720, 228.35K)

I dont think any one the anime dungeon crawlers even have similar combat. I like turnbased too but I want something similar to what Grimrock had

Try to experiment with the setting. It doesn't have to be generic fantasy world #25. Try to borrow stuff from other cultures/mythos: greek, norse, egyptian, persian, hindu, mayan, aztec etc.

Dungeon Crawler is a shit genre, there I said it.

>one of the most satisfying final bosses
Really? Because 1 had a fucking awful last boss that completely ruined the atmosphere for me. 2 just never clicked with me because I really liked the whole delving deeper aspect of the first game, whereas 2 was just... an island

>Dive into hole
>Feet injury

>Legend of Grimrock
>Looks great
>Great Atmosphere
>Shit realtime combat

>need to keep playing either old as fuck dungeon crawlers or asian VNs

The game (1st) one looked very interesting and I wanted to like it but I got filtered by the weird magic system and some random brick being an unlock to progress further. Should I try it out again? Are there any lewd mods?

Attached: gal.png (747x958, 1.38M)

I'm gonna take this moment to recommend the "Randomizer" mod for the second game. Does what it says, randomizes most things, races, classes, item placements, the items themselves, (even the flavor text). Can be really fun.

Also captcha is really cursed these days