Jumps at you

>jumps at you
>misses
>hits the wall and rolls on the ground
>spends 10 seconds trying to get up
HAHAHAHAHA OMG SO FUNNY UwU VALVE VERY CUTE~!

Did Valve forget that headcrabs are a part of fauna in extremely hostile environment and such hunting behavior would end up in complete extinction of the species? How is something so clumsy managed to terrorize humanity for years? Who made this game, same people who wrote Portal 2?

Attached: headcrab-half-life.gif (498x337, 2.75M)

Meds

I was always scared of headcrabs because they remined me of spiders

idk but i like that one r34 webm video

Xen has lower gravity than örth

Try Half-Life: Alyx nigger. Its not that cute when you phisically need to move to avoid their fucking jumps. Headcrabs are scary irl/vr

If you can't understand why headcrabs don't jump around as fast as they did in Half Life 2 then you are brain dead, nigger.

Xen has an extremely lower gravity than earth.
Headcrab jumps on xen allow them to literally traverse the floating platforms with ease.
On earth they jump like 15 feet tops.

>when you find out that you can grab them when they're trying to attack you

Attached: 1623443702553.png (640x480, 389.08K)

you often times see them jump on people when they are caught unawares and don't seem to have enough time to grab them off to prevent brain jacking. you may think it's funny they are like this but imagine having to be vigilant of these fuckers every time you went outside

>Did Valve forget that headcrabs are a part of fauna in extremely hostile environment and such hunting behavior would end up in complete extinction of the species?
Did you forget that headcrabs are basically the bottom bitches of xen and get regularly preyed on by pretty much everyone else there?
Did you forget that unlike on xen, headcrabs on earth dont grow to massive sizes?
Did you forget that you can discuss videogames without making bait threads?

the xen flora are a lot less nimble than humans are

>legitimate threat to other human NPCs since they can't get them off somehow
>if they jump at you, the player, they do scratch damage at best

>How is something so clumsy managed to terrorize humanity for years?
Combines have imprisoned some Gonarches to shit out headcrabs and then send it via airmail to rebel cities. Just look at what happened to Ravenholm.

the Alyx headcrabs are somehow both more scary and more cute than they normally are

Why not just wear a helmet so they cant brainjack you?

Why is it shaking its ass?

Gordon has the suit on

Like, why not just wear something like Pickelhaube or just some pot with spikes on?

And I think canonically he wears the helmet, that explains stuff like the HUD and why headcrab and barnacles aren't killing him instantly.

I've never really thought about it that way. But I guess that's why everybody is herded into big cities anyway. Vast areas of the countryside are taken over by Xen fauna and even massive parts of cities as seen in Half Life Alyx.

was it autism?

Headcrabs are ambush predators, once identified they become much less of a threat.

You're retarded. Headcrabs were nerfed in Alyx just like Overwatch soldiers, because evading them in VR is exponentionally more difficult than on PC.
Also in HL2, Lamarr hits a doorframe and gets stunned for a second when Barney dodges it. It's actually more realistic than it just stopping at the wall and immediately turning on the spot like Dark Souls 2 enemy and jumping again.

The enemies in this game are manufactured to be stupid because of VR. Make it a bit more challenging and people would whine about it being unfair or too scary.

So what I get from this is that VRfags are physically and mentally stunted

Valve are into that horror/comedy mix, like fast zombie for example. They're gross and creepy but when you sever them in half they moved their torso in such a way it looks goofy.