Here is a present for your first mission...

>Here is a present for your first mission. It's an item that contains a strong demon but you don't know that so when you use the item it will spawn said demon and he will kill you and your party.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Cid-Kramer-Presents-Himself-Final-Fantasy-8.jpg (1920x1080, 173.3K)

He meant "hope you've learned to play the best FF game ever made at this point faggot".

>actual highchool FF
what were they thinking

>trivialized summons
>shit skill system
>highschool drama
>shit protagonist
>shit girls
bait

yep, filtered.

>trivialised summons
It's the first FF game that turned them from "spell but with a longer animation" to actual things that matter. They have unique skills to learn for both in and out of combat, the whole junctioning system, summoning itself takes time and they have a health bar that can be hit to stop it midway, individual compatibility levels for each party member, etc. What exactly did they trivialise?

Attached: 1583490927305.png (394x383, 95.83K)

>click doom drain
>win

Now I love ff8 but that train was hella busted lol

Once you've got the junction skills you never even use the summons.

The beach rush mission being a bunch of scrawny high schoolers in school uniforms just bum rushing the beach is still the funniest shit ever

teenagers in their school uniform are rushing the beach, dying and you're laughing?

its a military academy.

>Squall I know you just became a SEED but you're in charge of everything now here's the keys to the flying school

Attached: Cid_(Final_Fantasy_VIII).jpg (894x1097, 182.24K)

At some point in the game your combat decisions boil down to how long you're willing to wait for animations to finish.

I mean, other than FF4DS what other FF makes you actually try during battles?

Is this game good or not? zoomr here

Summons are dog in fights compared to anything else you can use

Yeah the best part is when squall holds up the little map with their plan and it’s literally just a red line pointing forward to the beach, and he’s looking at it right before the landing with a little overlay of this “plan” as if he can do anything about it when they’re going to be on the beach in less than like 30 seconds and it’s just one red line.

>Once you've got the busted skills you never use the busted summons

no, you'd hate it, go back to fortnite kid

Kino. And at least you got protagonist that is not mentally ill, save the world and get the girl

>Gameplay
Feels nice
>Mechanics
Kinda dumb and contradictory
>Story
A bit convoluted but interesting
>Characters
Pretty likable and fun
>Music
Probably the best in the series

"I'm grooming young people to kill my bitch of a wife" Why was he so based?

demi cant actually kill you unless you are absolutely retarded.

>It's the first FF game that turned them from "spell but with a longer animation" to actual things that matter
You're completely forgetting FF6 and how you learned magic onto characters via Espers (Summons) which also gave you bonus stats when you level

SeeD and Garden were thought up by Edea.
Cid just put them into into action with the help of Norg.

But you don't end up killing Edea

esper system in 6 was kinda of obscure, and you could do fine with random espers equipped. Gfs fundementally break the game once you figure out the draw and junction system.

the worst thing about 8 for a new player, especially one going in blind, is you can utterly cuck yourself and make the game really hard/tedious if you treat ff8 like a normal jrpg of its time period, grind out levels, but fail to draw and junction the right spells.

>play 75% of the game and follow a walkthrough to get a secret gf
>does less damage than just junctioning 99 spells to str